|Renee Swope is the best-selling author of A Confident Heart, a 2012 Retailers Choice Award winner with over 100,000 copies sold. She also serves as an executive director and co-host of Proverbs 31 Ministries’ international radio program, where she connects with millions of women around the world each week.
Renee’s passion is to help women live confidently in Christ by showing them how to rely on and live in the security of God’s promises. She is a popular blogger and host of book studies here on her website, where she’s led over 25,000 women through A Confident Heart in online communities.She also is a featured writer for Encouragement for Today devotions that reach over half a million readers each day through Proverbs 31 Ministries as well as BibleGateway, Crosswalk.com, ChristianityToday.com, and Growthtrac.
Much like her written words, Renee’s messages come from a heart that has been transformed by the power of God’s love and grace. Sprinkled with humor and saturated with truth, Renee’s conferences are filled with biblical insights that are powerful and life applications that are practical that help women
Renee has been married for over 20 years to her husband, J.J. She’s also a mom of three and loves every minute of it. She and her family traveled to Africa in 2009 to bring home their beautiful daughter who they adopted from Ethiopia at the age of 10 months.
They live in North Carolina, where Renee has served in leadership on the staff of Proverbs 31 Ministries since 1995.
Statement of Faith
I believe in:
- One God in three persons — Father, Son and Holy Spirit
- Jesus Christ’s deity, virgin birth, sinless humanity, substitutionary death, atoning blood, bodily resurrection and ascension to heaven
- The entire Bible is God’s infallible revelation to man
- Salvation by grace alone, through faith alone, in Jesus Christ alone
- The resurrection of the body: eternal glory for believers in heaven and everlasting punishment for unbelievers in hell
- The one true church, the body of Christ, consisting of all believers
- Obedience to our Lord’s command to lead people of all nations to faith in Christ and to grow in Christ-likeness
- Christ’s personal return to establish His Kingdom on earth
- The Holy Spirit indwells and empowers believers and is given as a seal and a pledge of our inheritance in Christ Jesus