Giving God My “I Can’t…”

GodCan_Blog

Sometimes I just want to shout, “I can’t DO THIS!”

Circumstances can get overwhelming.

Relationships can be frustrating.

And there are days when I just can’t figure out what to do.

I was having one of those week recently, and God used my little one to help me see the missing piece in my process.

Aster was trying to play a game on our iPad when she shouted, “Mom, I can’t do this!”

She was in the living room and I was in the kitchen washing dishes. Without even really thinking about what I should say, I instinctively responded:  “If you can’t do it, just bring it to me.”

And as those words came out of my mouth, I realized that is God’s response to me, when I’m struggling.

He says, “If you can’t do it, Renee, just bring it to Me.”

When I’m hurting, overwhelmed, or confused.

God says, “If you can’t ___________ just bring it to Me.”

This week if you start feeling overwhelmed, confused, frustrated or uncertain …. remember to bring it to God.

Take what you can’t handle and put it in His hands.

Watch God take your “I can’t…” and turn it into something He can.

QWhat is an “I Can’t…” that you can give to God this week? Share it in the comments and let’s pray for each other this week. How about we share ours, and then leave a short prayed for someone who left a comment above ours. {I’ll go first}.

Your “I can’t” can be as simple as  “I can’t get all the laundry done” or as complicated as “I can’t figure out God’s will for my life” or as private and short “I can’t forgive my husband”. {If you’re reading this via email, please click here to leave a comment below this post on my blog}

Comments

1. I can’t seem to balance our busy life. My personality loves to work and feels very responsible for getting everything done with excellence. And my husband is the same way. Yet our hearts and souls need to rest and play and “be” more. So we are both giving Jesus our inability to figure out the best schedule and systems to get our life where we want it to be – and trying our best to listening for HIS guidance and make significant changes in our commitments and schedules.

• Lord, thank You for all that Renee does for You and her family. Thank you for reminding her that down-time is essential for her wellbeing and will help her be the very best she can be. Please remind her that even You Yourself took some time off to just “be” after all Your work. Please present her with opportunities to rest. Amen

2. God I can’t stop worrying

• Lord please remind Mary Ann that as Your daughter, she is a Proverbs 31 woman and as such is clothed with dignity and strength and can laugh at days to come. Amen

• When I worry,which I do all the time I try to pray :”Fear is useless, what is needed is trust” I say it over and over until anxiety subsides,

• Lori, My name is Lori as well 🙂 I’ve had the worry, anxiety issues for years. I finally went to my church pastor and told him about my issues involving “Worry and Anxiety over everything in my life” He laid his hand upon my shoulder and prayed for me! I haven’t had a panic attack in over a year!! 🙂 I also attend church as much as I can, and my church, friends and loved ones pray for me. Anytime I feel that worry creeping up on me, I immediately began to pray! Then I call someone who knows my situation and just talk with them for a while. YOU CAN DO THIS LORI ! I will start praying for you today ! <3

3. God I can’t figure out your plans for my life, I need you to come through for me now. I can’t do this anymore.

• God, please assure Marcia that You’ve got her best interests at heart, and to be still and trust in You. Your plans may be unknown to her, but let her know that You do have a plan for her life, that she does not need to know what that is, and to have the faith in You to know she will be taken care of by You. Amen

4. Cali Willingham says:

I am having trouble trusting God with my life choices.

• Cari, when I have trouble trusting God, I read these passages:
      Jeremiah 32:27, “I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. is anything too hard for me?”
      Nahum 1:7, “The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.”
      Phillipines 1:6, “…being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”
      I know there are many more verses that may help you, but hopefully this will get you started. I am praying for you .

5. Maureen G. says:

I can’t seem to figure out how to balance everything and what God’s will for me is. Where He wants our new home church to be (we just relocated)

• Maureen G, I went through a similar situation when I relocated to a new state. I ultimately visited a different church each week until the Holy Spirit “showed” me which to choose by the feeling of home that Imexperienced at the “right” church. I am praying that you will soon find a new church home.

6. Maureen G. says:

Also Praying for you Cali!

7. Elizabeth Barr says:

God I can’t seem to feel so overwhelmed. At 33 I thought I’d be able to really live. Having 2 teen girls with challenges and home schooled and now my physical problems. Being such a active person for so long and then you taking it away. I know it was to show me to slow down to enjoy life and stop letting it go by in a blur but I’m hurting. No answers from numerous specialists. They know what’s wrong but can’t fix it. The embarrassment from using a cane. The way it hurts my girls I know. This has been hard on me with my pride. I’ve had to lean on you so much and turn to you so many times and just say jesus please. Please help me be strong thru this if it lasts forever give me strength to continue.
    Father god I pray for renee and her husband to see your guidance in there schedules. We all get busy, we all go too fast at times. I pray you faithfully show them the easy things to set aside to just enjoy life. And lord I pray for Mary ann. We all including me now have been hit with the worry bug. It’s not a simple one to just get rid of. Letting go is hard. We aren’t always able to just leave it to you. We are faithful but it’s still hard as our human nature. Teach her lord teach her to lean on you. Everything gets better thru you father god. In the name of Jesus amen.

8. God I can’t sing in front of other people..

9. Especially, when I’m tired or at wits end, I say, “I can’t “. I need to give things to God before I get to this point. I too am waiting for God to direct my next step.

• Proverbs 3:5-6New International Version – UK (NIVUK)

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
      and lean not on your own understanding;
      6 in all your ways submit to him,
      and he will make your paths straight.

10. I can’t , there r many times I say it , I can’t be that sort of friend it’s to hard or I can’ t love that person but I have found it the best place to get because then I seem to have a light switch moment and know I need Gods help to be everything I can’t be.

11. Hope Fayard says:

God, I can’t fix the relationship with my husbands family and myself. I can’t mend it alone! I lift it up to you Lord!

• God please bless hopes relationships with her husbands family. Please open her heart to them and soften their hearts towards her. Help them to know she wants a loving and caring relationship with them. Please give Hope peace in this entire situation as she lifts up these relationships to you.

12. God I can’t trust You and people

• Cynthia H. says:

Remember that though man may leave God never will for he is Jehovah Shammah ( the lord who is always there)

• Keira, even though you can’t trust some people, you can always trust God. Jeremiah 32:27 says, “I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. is anything too hard for me?” Prayers are coming your way.

13. Cynthia H. says:

Lord I can’t figure out why I tend to go to a place of sadness in my life, feeling like I don’t belong, and still haven’t figured out Your purpose for my life. I enjoy helping others with different tasks and I love to encourage others.

• Cynthia, it is often the encouragers that need the most encouragement. I’m sure you know lots of Bible verses that you share to encourage others. I hope you will read some of these for yourself so you will be rejuvenated and know that those messages apply to you as well. Prayers coming your way!

14. I have numerous different health issues all at the same time demanding different doctors. I “can’t” seem to understand Gods voice in these circumstances because I am constantly trying to hard and thinking about it. It’s crazy because I know that when I get my focus off of it, enjoy life then I can hear his voice more. I can’t seem to fiqure out where my responsibility ends and his begins regarding my health or get quiet enough in my thoughts to hear an answer. I swing from one side of the pendulum to the other either, eating ridgidly to make sure the disease doesn’t progress or giving up and saying ” who cares” I’m done worrying! I’m so done with it!!!! I can’t do it anymore! Thanks for your prayers

15. Samantha Limon says:

I can’t raise $710 by Friday for my first financial deadline for my mission trip to Panama .

16. Adonica Budd says:

I can’t learn to trust after several times of being hurt and betrayed. It has been by people that are highly respected in the community and in their religious field. It has affected my desire to be in church.

• Adonis, I pray that your distrust of others in the religious community will not decrease your trust in God. Even if you lose your trust in people, you can always trust God.

17. I can’t help my son find his scout book he desperately needs by Wednesday… Lord, we need you to show us where it is.

18. I can’t figure out God’s Will for my life. I think I know part of it but I need help obeying him and know what to say. Like Moses, I feel like I’m not an eloquent speaker and I need help. I need an Aaron in my life to help me.

19. I can’t go on the haiti mission trip tomorrow without you God. I can’t love the orphans without you God. Give me your eyes your heart and your love for these dear ones.

20. Lord, I get so overwhelmed but feel guilty when I try to rest because everyone else relies on me and expects me to be visible, front and center and complete everything at all times. I simply can’t do it most days, so I rest, but I pay for it later. I try to communicate this, but those that rely on me don’t get it. I can’t stop from being angry and frustrated.

21. Lord I do not think I can be a single parent to my three kids after being married for 12 years. Daddy I knew that I had to leave for safety and health however I am afraid of messing up….

22. God, I can’t understand why I’m a widow at 54. It has only been four months since my husband went to be with you in heaven. He was the most godly man, that loved you and me. He showed everyone how to be the best provider and protector by his actions and words. I miss him so much. I see you working in my life and others, but I know that only you can show the way. It is by faith that I am trusting in you to guide me in this new season of life.

• Cindy I am praying for you. Such a hard place to be in…and grief is so hard to go through. I am praying the Lord and His Holy Spirit will comfort you and give you peace.

• I pray, Dear Lord, that Cindy will know your peace and your kindness, that she may know that she can trust you, no matter what circumstances she finds herself in right now. I pray that your Holy Spirit will administer to her heart and her mind and that she will know that you are always with her – no matter what. In Jesus’ name. Amen!

• Cindy, I am so sorry for your loss. I am also a widow (3.5 years for me). I have started a faith-based widow support group in the Matthews area called “A Widow’s Walk.” Please contact me about it. There is such strength and comfort in being able to share your experience with other people who “get it.” Our next meeting is this Thursday evening. I encourage you to come!
      Blessings and peace-
      Eve

23. I have had three major surgeries this last year and I am addicted to the pain medicine. I gave the pills to my friend tonight after reading this devotional. Everyday I said I CAN’T give them up. Truth is I am in counseling for some really bad abuse from my childhood. The Vicodin killed my feelings before during and after the counseling sessions. I really don’t know if I can continue the counseling without the VICODIN!!! So scared to try and function without it, but I KNOW I CAN!! Though I am weak my Jesus is strong and he will carry me through this. I want to sing VICTORY IN JESUS!!!

24. God I can’t lay things down at Your feet and leave them there, so therefore I worry way too much about things that are none of my business. I can’t understand life right now.

25. I can’t figure how to be a wife, homemaker, mom, volunteer at their classroom & school, collage student, ministry leading a Christian club at a public school, and now having to decide whether to continue studying or get a job to help the house, plus having my husband helping out with chores around has been crazy lately… How to manage all these things I love to do..

26. I can’t understand why I have such a hard time dealing with the chaos of my life, I can’t shut down the thoughts in my head that drive me to have panic attacks.

• Lord, I pray that you will be with Annette – I pray that you will help her to renew her mind and to focus on all your wonderful promises in your word. I pray that you will touch her heart and her mind and give her the gift of faith in you. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

27. Blyss, I know what u r talking about, and I emphasize with u. Please know that rest is best for everyone who relies in you so feel no condemnation for it and make no apologies for it. Do keep asking for help and be eapecific on what, and in the midst of the struggle God will answer your request! Rejoice in God’s love because that always reenergize us!!

28. I can’t decide what to do with my ex. He wants me to return to him but I don’t want to do that. It will be a bad relationship for me. feel guilty about not wanting this but it is better now that we are not living together anymore. We are now semi friends..we fought a lot when we were married. The kids are grown and on their own. I like it living alone. Don’t want to deal with him anymore. Is it wrong of me for wanting to be alone? I can’t decide what to do. Maybe it is God telling me to go back to him. but I shudder at the thought of being with him again! Lord I can’t be with him anymore! Help me to decide and not feel guilty with my decision!

29. Praying for all of you above! With God all things are possible!

I can’t seem to relate to my husband. We’ve been married for almost 40 years (next month) and he just blows his top and gets angry so easily. He quit going to church years ago and that has not helped our relationship! I continue my relationship with the Lord…and He’s pretty much my everything! I’m praying my husband will begin once again to want to know about the things of the Lord, read His Word and have a real relationship with the one true living God.
    Thanks Renee and thanks for everyones prayers!

30. Melissa Shelton says:

God I can’t feel you and I desperately want to. I know that I am not doing all that I should, but I am unsure of what else to do when I can barely manage my family. I need your help more than ever to fight this disease taking over my mind. I can’t find any sort of forgiveness, peace, contentment, or happiness. I can’t get past the anger, hurt, and questions why. Please Lord help me, fill me, lift me, carry me, hold my hand and help me walk each day in your way.

31. Melissa Chambers says:

Abba I lift up your precious daughter Melisss Shelton to you. Help her feel your mighty arms wrapped around her as You bring healing, grace, love and mercy to her worn heart. My cant do this is a friendship that I know is a God assignment but I am exhausted and confused.

32. i cant figure out were im going to move and how to get the deposit needed to move by end of dec. and im stressed dont have another rabbit to pull out bag.

• Heavenly Father I lift Tammy up to You this morning and pray for Your guidance, strength and discernment in her situation. Please send her relief and help both financially and emotionally. Let her see You in her day today and bless her with a place to move to before December. I pray that You would shower her with Your love and guidance. I pray that she will lift up her hands and release this stressful situation to You and will trust You. In Your powerful and loving name we pray, Amen

33. Lord, I can’t keep pushing through each day never knowing what is going to happen and seeing how miserable my family is. I can’t keep pretending I am okay anymore I am so very close to another nervous breakdown. Please send relief soon.

34. Lord I lift up my sister in Christ, Jody this morning. She is struggling and her nerves are frayed. Lord we know you can put them back in place. She is at the end of herself, Father and that’s where you are. Encourage her today. Help her feel your presence. Keep her in your strong arms. Be her relief.
    I just can’t keep putting my heart out there for my brother and his family, knowing they will break it. They need Jesus and I’m failing miserably to introduce them. I love them, but they are so hard to like.

35. tammy barner says:

my brother passed away Wednesday and we just had his funeral yesterday he was only 47 years old I wonder why god takes people so young I am going to miss him like crazy please pray for my family we will need it .

36. I can’t take care of my grandchildren anymore. I’m just too tired. They don’t obey and fight so often. I just want them to behave so I can enjoy my time with them. I want to be here to help my daughter and SIL but it’s so hard. Please help me Lord. I thank you because I know You are with me. Let me feel Your strength and courage peace and hope. Amen.

37. Lord I ask you to shower Tammy and her family with you healing power. Let her know you promised never to leave nor forsake her family. Lord I ask for peace for this family as well as comfort in Jesus Name Amen.

38. I can’t protect my special needs child by myself from every bug. Father you made me his mom for a reason. Please continue to be my resource in raising him. Be with him and his medical procedure today, as it always breaks my heart to see him in pain. I cast ALL my cares on you.
    Please be with Jodi today, and give her the relief only you can provide. We love you father and thank you in advance for answering all these prayers.

• Father, wrap Your arms around Andrea and her son – show her the love and protection You have for both of them. Show her how to ‘let go’ and be able to relax in Your love. Amen

39. Lord I can’t understand my purpose and the plan you have for me and my husband and our business.

40. I’m having a hard time knowing what to get rid of to get our home in order – not organize our stuff but let it go!

41. Doris Wilson says:

I can’t loss this fat since childhood I have been obese I have tried everything including expensive diets. I can’t stop eating the sweets are a big let down.please help me God thanks

42. Crystal Moore says:

I “can’t” get all my work done that I need to. I am having a biopsy this week because the physician’s found a mass on both sides in my mammogram. I need God to take my “can’t” and make it His “can”

43. I cant let the walls of rejection protection down for fear of the pain yet I desire rich intimate relationship Jesus help me….

Lord help Doris find peace in this area of her life…show her you love her right where she is at and the battle is won by understanding Your love for her as she lets You work with her desires one baby step at a time…help her to value herself thru relationship with You in Your Name I ask and thank you for her life!

44. I can`t figure out my next step in your plan for my life Lord. May your word be a light to my path and a lamp to my feet.

45. Father give Crystal your peace this week and grace to accomplish the important tasks and grace to let go of minor issues…much wisdom for her doctors as well as they treat her needs ..that she will have supernatural grace to rest well in Your tender love

46. God I can’t stop turning to food instead of turning to You to manage the stress in my life. I can’t lose weight and I can’t seem to get everything done that needs to be done. I can’t deal with my husband when he drinks at night.

47. Lord, help Michelle realize that you are her food ( the Bread of Life) & you are her husband too, in a way, as He calls us his beloved. Help her to lean into you and your word , giving her victory over the food issue and kindness and love toward her husband.

48. Lord I can’t figure out whether I should be praying and supporting my son’s wish to get a hockey scholarship for college or not; also having trouble keeping up with the demands of my job.

49. Yesterday at church, one of the leaders was closing service, and said we will close in prayer. He looked at me in the 2nd row and said, “Becky, will you close us in prayer?” No, no no, my biggest fear being brought to the attention of everyone. Not being confident in speaking in public. Something God is moving me through and I want to overcome. I did not close the service in prayer, but I asked God to help me walk through this wall I have to be confident in front of others, and not worry about what I am saying. He Knows those words are right there and one of my deepest desires.

• Lord, I pray for Becky, I ask that you be with her as she overcomes her fear of being in the spotlight. May she think of Moses and how you provided Aaron for Moses and help her to realise that you always, ALWAYS provide a way… In Jesus’ name! Amen.

50. God, I’m having difficulty dealing with the hurt and confusion of a relationship that recently ended abruptly.

51. Lord, I pray for Michelle this morning as she faces another day, another challenge to manage the stress in her life. Father God, I pray that you help her in avoiding the vices she has turned to in the past and pray that she turn to you during this difficult time instead. Lord, I know you have the power to help her overcome these temptations, as you never give us more than we can handle. Please let her take control of her eating one day at a time, Lord, just like her daily schedule and heal her husband of his vices as well.

52. I can’t let go of anxiety and negative thinking. I am now done with it.

Lord, I pray for Becky, I ask that you be with her as she overcomes her fear of being in the spotlight. May she think of Moses and how you provided Aaron for and help her to realise that you always, ALWAYS provide a way… In Jesus’ name! Amen.

53. Lord, I can’t determine what you would have me do in my relationships with the people I love. I don’t know what your plan is for me and I humbly as you reveal what I should do to glorify you better.

54. I can’t let go of anxiety and negative thinking and I am tired of the impact it is having on my personally, and the way it is holding me back from living an abundant life, both personally, and in my marriage and parenting.

55. I just can’t seem to let go of the anger, jealousy, fear and worry that go along with getting a divorce that don’t want. I feel like a failure! I keep praying “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” I’m trying hard to trust God has a better plan for my life but it’s so hard, it hurts so bad!

56. Gloria Marroquin says:

Dear Father give Lori an awareness that she is valuable in Your eyes. Help her to heal and know that she can be all you created her to be. Because she can do all through your Son, Jesus Christ who strengthens her. Amen.

57. Gloria Marroquin says:

I can’t stop worrying about my health… I have adrenal fatigue. I am overwhelmed with so many protocols. Consequently I can’t focus on tasks and feel frustrated that I am not accomplishing what needs to be done.

58. Lord, I feel very alone and lost, even though I have my family and friends around me. I don’t feel like I have a grasp on Your will for my life. I can’t believe I haven’t figured it out yet! If it is Your will, send someone with whom I can share my life and together do Your will. If that is not Your plan, help me to accept whatever is, and do Your will whatever that may be. Help me to step out in faith, knowing that you will provide. Thank You for the many blessings You have bestowed on me and my family!

I pray for all those who have reached out before me; may Your grace bring peace and help in their time of turmoil. Help us all to “Trust in the Lord with all our hearts…”

59. I cant handle my grandson. He has been in a behavioral center now for going on 5 months. They adjusted his meds and therapy seemed to be going well. He had a release date for October twice and failed to behave. Lately he has done well and we had a 48 hour pass this weekend. At our therapy session on Friday we decided (without him present) that maybe after our session this week he could do his pass and then come home. He has been so good and cooperative. But about 2 hours before it was time to go back he went crazy. I wanted him to get his hair cut. He went off and became the old Chris. He screamed, cussed, kicked the car.
    Tried to grab steering wheel, pulled and broke things off the rear view mirror. Jumped across and towered over me in my seat. Made my gear shifter turn a different direction (I thought he broke it). Put hole in drywall and pushed washing machine out of place and me around. I am so depressed. It seems so well and then crashes so hard. He has been living with us 3 years. He also stated he never wants to see us again, I know he was just mad but sometimes I want to give up and let him try it awhile. Then I am afraid of what he would do. PRAYERS REQUESTED PLEASE.

60. I don’t know what’s God plan is for me in my personal life. He has laid the perfect gift in my hands that I have an awesome business thanks to him. But my personal life is in shambles

61. Mary Ellen says:

I have been there, Angelique. The whole “me” life crumbling while the outside me is fine. I am oraying that you will find our God to be your Refuge and Fortress is all things. He will uphold you and lead you. A light to your path. Nothing is too hard for Him. Tell Him, and give Him the burden. He is so much better at this stuff than we are. Praying for you!

62. I can’t seem to be able to conquer the control of food in my life. While I continually try to crave God and not crave food, it seems that when I am tired and in a hurry, food wins. This week, moment by moment, I am going to replace my “I Can’t” with “He can!” Thank you so much for this very timely word from the Lord!

63. Mary Ellen says:

I have been sick for two months with a repeat infection. It is very painful, and debilitating. I have been praying and asking God to heal. I know He is faithful, but I am just so weary, some days I “can’t” see the end of this.

64. Abba – please help c’s grandson. please take away whatever hurt or physical damage he may have that is causing his outbursts. please help him to know Your love for him, please calm his poor little soul. help him to know his gramma loves him & wants him to be with her but there has to be a safe environment. please Father God. please.

65. God I can’t stop bingeing please take this from me. I love you.

66. I can’t seem to let go aND let God!! I know He is calling me but I can’t seem to let go and give him full rein!!

67. Lord continue to show Katie how much you love her and want the best for her.
    I struggle with anger toward myself and others. I am so exhausted. Just reminded to give those I can’t statements to Him today!

68. Rachel Brunswick says:

I can’t figure out how to give it all to God.

69. I can’t figure out if I should move for my job that I enjoy (and leave my family and friends behind) or stay where I am and find another one.

• Hey Jessica
      I have been in your shoes. I moved a 24 hour drive away from all my friends and family 15 years ago. Praying that God will make it clear to you where he is leading you and that he will give you peace. Not an easy decision, that’s for sure! I think that no matter what you decide, God will use you where you are.
      hughughug

70. Wow….I need this simple, yet very important reminder!! I just told someone the other day that I’m throwing my hands up in the air and yelling, “I quit!” I can’t do it all, handle it all, deal with it all and I’m so frustrated! What a great reminder to give it to God. Thank you!!

71. I can’t face the reality of my life. An emotionally abusive marriage ended years ago but the divorce negotiations are still on-going and have stripped me of my family, my dreams, my home, my confidence and left me in a huge financial hole. Prayers for protection, relief, justice and restoration have gone unanswered. It feels like God has taken my “I can’t” and responded with “God won’t” instead of “God can”.

• Lord please bless Lyn as she is dealing with an the residual effect of an abusive marriage that is still on going. Lord you are in control of all situation I as that you show Lyn you are God of all and that you are her protection and comfort during this time. In Jesus Name

72. I can’t deal with having MS. It is causing so much nerve pain in my body. I can barely move. I don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t want to live my life in pain all the time.

• Father, we know that you are the Great Physician and you know everything that is going on regarding Karen’s condition. Please touch her today to reduce the pain that she is having, work beside her doctors that attend to her and help them get medication and therapy that will reduce this pain. Grant her peace that only you can give and direct her thoughts to you. Your grace is sufficient for our all of our needs and we thank you and praise you. Amen.

73. It’s been a difficult weekend. My financial situation is pressing, my daughter and grandson are living with us now, my husband is out of town working until Thanksgiving and my car died on the way home from work Friday night. Very likely that it cannot be repaired, or if it is, we are looking at the neighborhood from $2,000 to $3,000. Trying to get a car loan is going to be difficult now but I have to have some transportation getting to work. I have turned this issue over to God, as He is in control…however, it is still affecting my every thought. Prayers are very much appreciated.

74. I am just so overwhelmed with life. Recently divorced with no family and lost most of my friends in the divorce. Now I am trying to raise 2 kids that are trying to find their way in life while dealing with a broken family. I have prayed and prayed for so many years for the holes in my heart to be filled and each time it feels like the Lord is ignoring me. My faith used to be so strong. I used to be able to encourage others and now I feel empty.I have no desire for church, no desire to reach out to the Lord in prayer. I do not understand why he chose me for this path or what I have done to deserve such lonliness. I have tried all my life to be a good person and follow him and now it truly feels like he has turned his back on me. I honestly do not know where to turn..I have been faithful for so long and waited on the Lord but it seems he never hears or answers me. I am just exhausted with my attempts to hold onto my faith while waiting for the Lord. I don’t know how much longer I can continue to trust and wait on him. 🙁

• You are not alone Lisa. I am struggling with a very similar situation & resulting feelings. I have no special words of wisdom, no answers for you. Just know that I am right there with you. Things I have come to learn/work on absorbing are that feelings can lie (just because I feel alone, does not mean that God has left me) and that God’s nature does not change when my circumstances do (he is not just there in good times). I pray that God will direct you to the right resources for you & your family in this tough time. Also that his peace will invade your heart.
      hughughug

• Lydia Swire says:

Lisa – I know that everything seems overwhelming. The one thing I know is that when you’re feeling the worst, you need to be in the Word and asking for the Lords help and guidance. Don’t turn away from him because this is the time you need to be going to Him, not turning away. It may seem like He’s not there for you but He is. Get into a LIfe Group with your church, so that you have support while you are going through this difficult time. They can pray for you and they can support you, so you don’t feel like you’re alone. It might feel uncomfortable but you need to pursue the Lord. It will get better – it won’t be in your timing but in the Lord’s timing.
      Be grateful each day for what you do have. You’re not alone ever!!! Seek the Lord and He will give you peace and courage to walk through this.

75. In Gods perfect timing I so needed this today. We are dealing with a family member that is an alcoholic and doesn’t want to be helped. Dealing with someone that has all these problems doesn’t just effect her…its like a pebble in the water rippling and touching so many lives. She is living in our home as is currently homeless. She continues to sneak her drinking and lieing. My husband is so patient with her and honestly I am growing increasingly frustrated. Its just exhausting.
    i know I can’t handle this on my own…I give it all to God. HE will show us the way.

• Dear Heavenly Father – thank You for giving Kim the strength (mental, emotional, spiritual) to love her family member with an alcohol problem. I pray for a complete distate to overcome the family member’s desire for alcohol and lies. Please Father give Kim an extra measure of Your grace and love to share with others. We stand together in giving it all to You, Lord. We ask for revelation of Your way to handle this matter. In Jesus Name…AMEN.

76. Dear Lord, be with Janet as she goes through this difficult time. Your word says we are to not fear or be dismayed for You are with us. Comfort Janet and let her know that You can handle every difficulty that comes her way. Strengthen her and uphold her. Amen

77. Lydia Swire says:

I can’t seem to get myself to bring all my things that are in storage since my husband and I separated to my new apartment. I need to bring the POD from Northern California to Texas. I just moved into an apartment with my daughter. We need are things to make this place a home. I’m scared to see all of my things knowing that I have to probably sell some things because they won’t fit in the apartment. Some things I won’t have a problem with others I don’t want to but I’m not sure why. I really don’t want to be reminded that I am no longer with my husband – for the last year I haven’t dealt with it. One reason I came back to Texas was to try and work things out but my husband has shown me that he does not want that. So now I need to move forward and I’m sad that my family is no longer together.
    I really can’t and don’t want to deal with this next step – So Lord I’m surrendering this to you. Please give me the peace and courage to move forward on this. I pray the process is smooth and easy to get everything to Texas. With a price I can afford. Lord I know that you have been with me every step because I couldn’t have done it with out You. So please continue to be with me and guide me through this next season.

• Aimee Bartis says:

LORD,
      Please guide Lydia to do the next right thing. Wrap your loving arms around her and her daughter. Be with them as them make their new home. Show them that in their weakness, you are strong.
      Amen

78. God I can’t stop to worry about my future, my family, my financial, my kids and my work problem.Help me lord im just feel exhausted and fearfull !! 🙁

79. Lord, I pray you will remind Lisa that you are all she needs to fill all the broken areas of her life. You alone are Father to the fatherless, provider for the single mother, the best friend we will ever have. You see every tear we shed, every heartache, every injustice we have endured, and you promise to make our crooked paths straight. I pray you will show your face to Lisa & will be a lantern on her path. Please Lord lead Lisa closer to you & wrap your loving arms around her. Make her feel safe & protected. I am struggling with my fear of not bring able to provide for my family. As a single mother of 4, I am yet again in an unstable work environment. The company is not doing well and layoffs are soon to come. I want to enjoy my children and demonstrate a faith that relies fully on The Lord and that includes not living in fear. I feel very vulnerable financially.

80. I can’t seem to be the godly wife God wants me to be. My husband doesn’t take my needs and wishes into consideration when making decisions for us. I feel like I don’t matter. I keep trying but last night I really lost my temper and said a lot of hurtful things to him, he is really hurting now. I feel ashamed! We really need prayers to get past this.

• Lydia Swire says:

Hi Carrie
      I know that it can be very unsettling when you and your husband are not in sync with each other. I go to The Village Church in Flower Mound, TX. Our Pastor is preaching on “A Beautiful Design” which is about men and women’s roles according to the Bible.
      If you get a chance you should go online and listen. It might help you and your husband see how God wants you to live and treat each other. It’s been very interesting, because they way he explains it makes so much sense, but the world and temptations makes it much more challenging. I hope that you’re both open to listening to his podcast, it might just help.

Lord be with Carrie and her husband. Let them sit down and be with you and let them surrender their differences to you. Lead them out of their anger and confusion on how they are with each other. In Jesus Name. Amen

Here is the link: http://www.thevillagechurch.net/resources/sermons/

81. I can’t stop taking life so seriously. Ugh!

82. Oh Lord, I pray your covering on these women. They are all crying out, reaching out to you with all their hearts. Please fill them with your perfect peace and reveal yourself to them in ways that they can understand and grasp. Lord our Great and mighty God reach down into the hearts of these women, your little girls, and touch their hearts. Reveal your great love to them. In Jesus name Amen!

83. God, I can’t do this any more. The mounting medical bills and escalating depression is just what the enemy wants. I know You have always been there for me and always will, but this month has been extremely difficult. Lord, thank you for sharing all the Proverbs 31 women and my church family as they provide continuing prayers. Keep me strong in faith during this difficult time. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

84. I can’t find the words to help my teenage daughter navigate her friendships. I keep giving it to God and I keep taking it back. The tears, the worry, the hurt are all too real and raw for her. I know God will heal these girls and bring them back together. It is hard for her to see the bigger picture. Prayers for her heart, and this mom as well.

85. I can’t seem to figure out God’s will for my life either. I can’t seem to stop worrying. I can’t stop arguing with someone. They are always starting with me and no matter which approach I try to take, they keep starting with me until I break.

86. Hi Renee! I really love reading your blogs. They’re truly a blessing. This one hit home because I can’t understand God’s Word that’s why I don’t read it hardly ever. I know that’s NOT an excuse NOT to read it but it’s the truth. I really need help to understand God’s Word so I can understand God better. Please pray that this will happen and I’ll pray too. Together we’ll see that God comes through for me. Thank you and may God bless.

87. I can’t seem to figure out God’s will for my life and I don’t want to mess up and go in different direction from Him.

88. Multiple chronic health issues and failing med’s. Major depression, anxiety, insomnia and chronic nausea and weight loss. Battling this for a year and treatment is difficulty due to med’s exacerbating a chronic progressive health issue. Prayer, cried, prayed, begged and in despair. Try to give to God but the hopelessness, despair and not having any peace or rest due to circumstances. Pray and then worry. Anxiety makes all of this worse. Feeling hopeless and forsaken even though I know that is not true. Still how I feel. The pit of depression is horrific. And feeling like a burden to those I love only makes it all worse. Will try to remember, since I can’t do God will with hopes that the continual spiritual warfare and attacks will not prevail. Thank you for prayers.
    PJ

• Hi PJ,

I am sorry about everything you are going through. I too am suffering with anxiety, stress, depression, insomnia and feeling hopeless. I pray that God helps get you out of this disgusting pit. The one thing that helps me when I am feeling like this is listening to Joyce Meyer. You can go to her website and choose which sermon applies to how you are feeling at the time or look her up on YouTube. She talks a lot on depression and anxiety. I always feel better after listening to her.

89. Lynda Crotty says:

I can’t control my harsh words to those I love. We pray in the name of Jesus that the above medical problems, depression, and illness will be lifted immediately in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. Amen

90. I cannot lose weight. The enthusiasm is gone. Pray increasingly, but the get up and go got up and left.(380#) Need to use a walker to get around. This is absolutely so overwhelming.

The Lord is well-known and loved in my life, just wished I could get out of His way. And allow him to put an end to my unseemly impossible problem.

Blessings,

Patricia

91. Aimee Bartis says:

I just can’t figure out what to do about my job.

92. Roxanne Kerley says:

Thank you so much for this post. I am so guilty of trying to fix all my problems myself and as we know that doesn’t work. I made a copy of this and put it in front of me at work and on my fridge. thanks so much for writing what I know that I should be doing.

93. I can’t seem to balance my time and weight. I have the want-to, jsut lacking the drive…

• rachel wemple says:

Venus,I understand the part of where and how to begin.For me;I pick the one that seems to be the lesser of the two(to not begin too overwhelmed).Because stress and our weight issues seem to be buddies……:) Pray for God to show you the best way to manage your time,and I believe you may find the other issue will become take care of itself! There is a good book out on bounderies.Helped me!

94. rachel wemple says:

I can’t seem to get beyond the overwhelming circumstances in my family.Especially my youngest son,Jeremy and his family.So much turmoil and change.I appreciate prayers for us,and for me to hear and follow Gods leading through these icy waters. Thanking Him always,Rachel

95. Tura Klepfer says:

I can’t make it through this week without God. I need to pray continously.

• Lord, you created Tura and know her….SEE her…..most intimately. She is right, Lord, in that she can’t make it through this week without you and needs to pray continuously. Please hear her prayers, Holy Spirit, and intercede for her every moment of each day. She is the apple of your eye and needs to sense, feel, and KNOW you this week in a new way. Help her to remember…”Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are numbered.” Matt 10:29-30 Help her to see You. Help her to know how much You love and care for her. Help her believe that You are enough. Thank you, Lord.

96. I can’t stop this single, never-been-in-a-relationship, starving for male attention (scary but true) 40-year-old heart from thinking about and pining after my unsaved neighbor. Like a moth to a flame. Why would God put him there???

97. Why “can’t I” completely forgive my husband for a 3 year affair? I still, after 2 years , look at him and think how could you have done that to me. Why can’t I drop it and just let it go? I think about it way to often and it is still very painful. Why do I give the pain to God and then take it back? Why is forgiving and forgetting so very hard!! I try so hard to be loving – kind – and tenderhearted – but it takes a lot of work!!

• Pat,

Forgiving and forgetting are 2 very different things. Take it from someone who knows, but from a different view. Forgive him, but do it for YOU and YOUR relationship with God, not for him. Forgivness is not about the other person, it is about your walk and your relationship with God. I think once you can understand that, the rest will come. It is not easy and 2 years is such a short time. It has been 7 for us and we still struggle. It does get easier. Don’t ask why it happened. That is a question that cannot be answered. It was his sin, not yours. Just understand that it was NOT YOU!!! Trust me. Please, if you need support of any kind, reach out. You can always feel free to reach out to me also!

Lord, please be with Pat and give her the peace that only You know how to give. Show her how to forgive, the way you forgave us. Please be with this marriage and make it stronger and not let sin win. Thank you Jesus for your sweet forgivness!

98. I am scared I can’t do what it takes to lose weight, not rely on food as my drug of choice in stressful times and to get back into an exercise routine. God PLEASE turn this into I did, not I failed.

99. Lord, I lift your name up high as you are our Jehovah Jireh, and provider of all our needs. Anything that is impossible to us is possible to you. You are our shepherd and we shall not want you made us lie down in green pastures , you lead us before the still waters,you restore our souls you lead us through the path of righteousness for your name’s sake. eventhough we walk through the valley of shadow of dead we shall fear no evil for you are with us. You prepared a table before us in the presence of our enemy. You anoint our head with oil, our cup overflows. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow all the days of our lives and we will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. I lift the prayers of my sister’s in your hands and I pray that you provide according to your riches and glory and I pray for a special anointing and discernment on each and everyone of the situations on this prayer chain. I trust, that You will come through at the right time and the right place. Let us rest and listen to your voice. I rebuke the enemy and his army that is keeping away from your word and promises you have for us. I now ask Lord for your blessing on my home, we fell behind on our payments and now it has escalated to a foreclosure. I know that you provide a home and food for the birds and I know that you have a plan. I pray that you take care of my situation and that you deliver your blessings on my household. I trust in your Word and your Love and I know that You are carrying me in this situation and all my sisters in Christ. I lift this prayer in Jesus name and Believe in my heart that you have solved our situations and shown us your purpose. Thank you Lord in Jesus name I pray. AMEN!!

100. God I can’t get my business going (card business). God I can’t seem to get out of debt. God I can’t release Sidney and Chris from prison but I know you can. God I can’t give my sister Rachel the desires of her heart but I know you can. Lord I place all my unspoken prayers into Your hands. Holy and gentle hands. Mighty are the works of Your hands. In Jesus Name.

101. I can’t seem to keep my life straight. God has given me a beautiful family, my mother and father are still with me i have amazing friends, i finished high school, why can’t i seem to get over my fear on moving forward at bay so my life can continue. Dear Father in Heaven, thank you for Renee’s stories and experiencing, through her constant notifications i have been able to open my heart from a couple a years ago.

102. Dear Lord, in the name of Jesus, I can’t figure out what You want me to do with my life. Please give me the ability to listen as You speak to me and give me the courage and whatever else it takes for me to be still so that I can hear what You are telling me. Also I can’t understand what is going on in my defiant grandson’s life. Please help me to help him. I know that You will come through for me. AMEN

Renee, I truly thank God for you. Keep on keeping on in His name.

103. I can’t get past the hatefulness of my boss.

• Dear Lord, please help Jennifer as she goes into work. Fill her with your love as she works along side of her boss. Give her your eyes when she sees her boss. Let her heart see her boss as you do. And Lord show Jennifer how to respond to the hatefulness of her boss. Help Jennifer commit to praying for boss. Show her what you want her to do. Use Jennifer to bring love, peace and kindness to her work area. May you rule in Jennifer’s heart and mind. May you be glorified Lord!

104. I have had several medical problems going on lately, I do not enjoy my job any more, I want to retire but do not think finances will allow it. I have been asking God for His timing, His love to show those I work with, His joy to share at work.

Father God, I lift Jennifer up to you. I ask for your love to shine through her for her boss. I ask that you give her a peace and joy that can only come from you because you know that we cannot in our flesh love unconditonally. Thank you, in Jesus name I pray.

105. I am praying for all of you that have posted above! I know God is able! Dear Lord help me to know your will. I’m so tired of dreading church because my new pastor is my ex boyfriend but not wanting to leave because this is where my family attends and this is where I’ve went all my life. I’m so tired of the long distance relationship that I’m currently in yet I can’t find the courage to break it off because I keep hoping he will get a ortho residency close to me this coming year. I’m so tired of beating myself up over past failed relationships which I know are going to eventually lead me to the right one…even though I have dreams for miles and my life has been different than I had ever planned at almost 29. Lord help me to be content with where I am at this point in my life because you are faithful and your plan and timing is always perfect! Romans 8:28

106. Shirley Mason says:

My husband lost his job last week. Land where we live is being sold and having to pack to move. Trying to care for my Mom and I stay tired all the time.

107. Praying for you tonight Shirley and all of the many requests above…I just read in Psalms 27: 14 wait on The Lord be of good courage and He shall strengthen thine heart…all of Chp 27 is so encouraging. Read it outloud claiming victory in Jesus. We’re too tired and weak but He is powerful and strong!

108. I don’t know what Gods will is for my life. I suffer from anxiety, panic attacks and migraines of course all of this brings depression. I’ve had a very challenging life, my husband leaving me with 2 young sons, I had no job, no place to live and no family within 5 hours. That was 14 years ago, today my boys are grown and living in different parts of the country, I suffer from anxiety, panic attacks and daily migraines, I’ve had to move back near my family and am living with my brother, I’m the only Christian in my family, I don’t have a job, health insurance, and my sons live far away from me. I have no idea how I’m going to make it or what Gods will is for my life. I’m searching for a good church home. I feel so out of control and can’t do this anymore . I so long for peace and to be healed so I can live a normal life. I worry all the time and get very stressed so easily. God help me I just can’t keep this up.

109. Praying for you tonight Michelle!!! God is there with you and I will be praying He will help you find a renewed purpose in your life! I will pray He will connect you with a church family as well.

110. Julie Mays says:

I can’t seem to find God’s will for my life or forgiveness for a very special soul. I’ve asked God to show me and have prayed nonstop but I feel like a hamster on a wheel with no place to go. I need God’s answers.

• Julie,

I am praying that God would make his will clear to you for your life. Lord, please guide Julie that she would see your will for her life. Make your will clear as day so she can clearly see that path. Give her Your heart for forgiveness and bring her peace. Blessings to you Julie! 🙂

111. I am really struggling in my marriage right now. Our family has just moved from AZ to NC in hopes of becoming closer. Everything seems to be unraveling at the seams. My husband and I prayed long and hard about this move and believe without a doubt that it was God’s will, but I just do not understand the struggles we are having as a family. My husband seems so angry and feels alone and not respected or appreciated. This is causing great struggles in our marriage and I just do not know what to do. I have had a past sin that he has not completely forgiven (I do not think anyway) and it is breaking my heart. The song by Plumb comes to mind, “How many times have you heard me cry out
    “God please take this”? I just can’t….

112. I am struggling at letting go of a very long term friendship that is clearly not working out and I have asked the Lord for signs to let me know if I need to put any more effort into it.The signs are I need to let go but its hard to forgive this person and move on without bitterness or sadness.