When You Have a Burden But Don’t Want to Be One

AskingForPrayer

My email was supposed to be a prayer request, but it started out sounding more like an apology. Although we needed friends to pray, I was hesitant to ask because I didn’t want my request to be a burden for anyone.

A few years ago my husband J.J. was having health problems and needed to have a liver biopsy. His doctor told us it was  precautionary, so we weren’t sure if it would end up being anything serious in the end. And that made me hesitant to tell people about it. Yet I knew I didn’t want to walk through it alone or in my own strength.

Fifteen minutes after I sent my email, several friends started telling me they were praying. Not only did my friends pray – they thanked me for sharing what was going on and for letting them be there for me.

For someone who hates to impose on others, I need to remember that asking for prayer isn’t about putting burdens on my friends. Asking for prayer is about letting our friends walk by our side down a path that we were  never intended to walk alone. {today’s post is a partial excerpt from my #AConfidentHeart #Devotional book}

Is it hard to ask others to pray for you?

Let’s stretch ourselves today and let others walk beside us  in prayer by sharing a burden and then praying for one another. Briefly share one things we can pray for you by clicking “Share Your Heart” below this post. Then  leave a prayer or say “I’ve prayed for you” under the request left before yours. Ready.Set.Pray.

Comments

1. I’ll go first. Hmmm. It’s hard to decide what to share… ok, here goes: I struggle with staying focused on one task at a time, and staying off social media. I love connecting with people but work from home {alone} most days. I feel like I never have enough hours in my day or days in my weeks, and I’m not getting enough sleep. I’m also not exercising at all. I know God wants me to better balance and manage my time and work. I finally have the help I need (with an assistant) but my personality thrives on activity and has a really hard time creating margin and setting boundaries for myself. There you go.

I feel exposed but I believe in prayer. Im confident that sharing this burden is going to help overcome this struggle for me. Now it’s your turn.

Can’t wait to pray for you!! :)

• I have prayed for you

• Dear Father in Heaven: Bless Renee in her good works for your glory and our enlightenment, our ponderances together, and our own searches for You. Help her to find that balance she is seeking, that she can continue being your most exhuberant disciple and, yet, continue loving and serving her own family and close friends. It is difficult. God, as You know, we humans can fall a bit short in all areas of our lives. Please, Gracious God, assist her with her work for Your Glory and still be the wonderful mother, wife,and friend that you have helped mold her to be. Have your Spirit be with her, touch her head and heart when she needs gentle reminding, and continue to guide her through this earthly path You have chosen for her and that she has accepted. Thank you, Heavenly Father, for the blessings already bestowed on her and her own, and keep her in your loving arms, always. In your Son’s most holy and sacred name I pray these things to you, Amen.

• Sharing our struggles with one another does expose us and it’s never comfortable- but God is so merciful and His balm is so soothing and healing comes so quickly it’s only painful for a moment. I prayed for you Renee.

• I have prayed for you

• Lynne Koch says:

I am praying for you.

• Evelyn Brainerd says:

I am also having trouble with too much social media, because I have lost my courage to reach out to God;s people. My trust is at the bottom of a very deep pit. Betrayal is surely a sin birthed in hell. But I know that this is not a place I can stay, so I’m asking for prayer for restoration of my soul and an ability to trust again.
      I so identify with too little exercise, staying focused and finishing tasks, so I will pray for you when i find myself facing these things. Oh yeh, I also have trouble staying focused in prayer. Wow, what a mess, huh? Appreciate you! Evelyn

• Renee,
      I am praying for you right now, and for all of us that know we need to get more exercise, but find excuses not to. I pray that each one of us will allow God to control our bodies and nudge us to exercise. I am thankful for my small prayer group (of 4) that meet at my home twice a month to pray for each other a for the concerns of others.

• Yes and Yes….I have your personality….I go, go, go and don’t have time left for relaxation and for doing what I know the Lord wants me to do. I am on the computer finding information to help in my endeavor instead of taking what I already have and applying it. I’ve prayed to the Holy Spirit to guide me…..to give me incentive for exercise and inspire me to eat well and take better care of myself. It is working! I’ve begun change and though I know change doesn’t occur overnight….I’m encouraged and can see the Lord working in my life. I have great peace about it all…now I’m working on discipline and I know God is giving me strength to make new habits and live life more for Him. I’ll pray for you….

• Renee, you are such a blessing to me! I have prayed for you, sweet girl! I love your openness and your dedication to serve!

2. michelle says:

“I’ve prayed for you

3. As I discover that God never really left me, it was the other way around, I need prayers that God will use me to assist my son in finding Him for the first time. I admit to being a decent mom… except for letting my now grown son experience God’s light and grace consistently as he grew into a man. He had a good heart, but hides his light under the proverbial basket. He has not learned enough about his Heavenly Father in his formative years so he doesn’t have the relationship with God that he needs to have or that God would like to have with him. He doubts His existence and, yet, is seemingly willing to accept Him if ‘there really is a God” to love. I pray every day that God will use me to bring the two of them closer. I model for him–much better than when he was young–using cleaner language, I talk about church events, and he has even pitched in once at a cleanup day at my church, which is expanding in building size. Please, pray for my son that he will discover his God, or at least ask more questions and search to find Him, and if I can be a tool to bring the two of them together, I am more than willing. Please, dear Heavenly Father, touch his heart and mind with your Spirit so that he may find you in the darkness. He is a good man, just wasn’t given the opportunity to seek and find you with his mother’s help. Help me to help him find you, God. I ask this in your Son’s most holy and precious name, Jesus our Lord and Savior, Amen.

• In Jesus Name amen!!

• Susan,
        I am praying right now for your son and my two daughters and granddaughters as well. Our greatest desire as a parent/grandparent is that our children follow God and have a personal relationship with Jesus. It is so hard to watch them walk away, when we tried the best we could at the time raising them to know the Lord. I pray for your son’s choice of friends and that someone will come in to his life to invite him to a Bible Believing Church. Amen

• Father I pray peace for Susan’s heart and confidence in your promise that her household shall be saved in Jesus Name!

• Father, I pray for Susan and her son. Please bring them both closer to you. In Jesus name.

4. I’ve prayed for you….I have been learning that it is not how much I accomplish in a day that is important….but it is being who God wants me to be…I too struggle with using time wisely …..I am doing a Confident Heart book study with two young ladies…just want you to know what a blessing your book has been In my life and now for these two young ladies…thank you for being faithful.

5. I will be undergoing a total shoulder replacement on March 19th. I love being able to pray for others but tend to have a difficult time asking for prayer for myself. So with that said, I would certainly appreciate your prayers for a safe and successful surgery and a quick recovery! Thank you SO MUCH!!!

• Cindy,
      My prayer is that God will guide your surgical team for a successful surgery. May your healing be complete and without complications . God keep her in perfect peace as she trusts in you during this time, Amen!

• Cindy,
        I too, pray for the Doctors, the Surgical Nurses and all the staff that will be assisting in the surgery. I pray that they have steady hands and wisdom that comes from God in doing your surgery. I also pray for your healing after the surgery. Amen.

• Rokhshie M says:

Cindy,
      I know it is a major surgery and a rather long recovery because my husband had this done
      I have prayed that God will put out His right hand to sustain and heal you, give grace and wisdom to the Doctors and the nursing staff to strengthen and guide them,
      May He surround you with His unfailing love, and keep you strong in your faith for a safe and successful surgery. Amen

6. I am having a difficult time with balancing a busy life and relating to my teenaged daughter. We constantly battle over poor social media choices and her constant defiance. I have not forgotten what it was like to be a teenager although we did not have these media outlets and obsessions with insta fame. I get so frustrated from having our trust broken time and time again. We both desire a better relationship but have yet to see the day.

• Katina:
      I have prayed for you and your precious daughter. May you be the Mom she needs and may her heart be softened to your teaching and counsel. Hold fast. Pray without ceasing and this too shall pass.

7. Pat Hill says:

Praying for you – pray that we remember that we can share anything with others in prayer. We all have unmentioned prayer request. God already knows.

Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Lisa Soto says:

I’ve been going through a rough journey. Maybe one of the most difficult ones I’ve endured in my entire life.
    I lost everything and I’m starting over. That is not the difficult part. The most painful of this journey is that my oldest son landed himself in jail for making the worst decisions ever. It hurts me to see him in this place however, he must endure it so he may learn from his mistakes. He is in a Florida jail while I live in New Jersey. How do I go see him? My finances are depleted by bills and providing for my 16 year old. I need prayer. I need courage and strength..
    Also…

I need prayer that I stay on track with Jesus! I have been on my own since 15 and I really don’t have any self-discipline. My relationship with God is important to me. I need to stay consistent and on fire for him to get me through all of my trials and tribulations. Let my faith heal me..

• Praying for you, Lisa, that God will give you great wisdom and grace in how to handle your children and your finances. Lean on God’s Word – He has the answers for all of your issues. Praying that you are in (or can find) a church that you can be involved in where you can be ministered to and shepherded, as well as be able to minister to others!

• I prayed for you Lisa!

• Listen very carefully to the words by Matt Redman, song is called “Your Grace Finds Me” and remember to Let Go, Let God.
      Blessings to you and prayers are winging their way to God’s ever listening and always loving ears on your behalf.

• Lisa,
      First of all, I am praying for you, that you will have a personal relationship with Jesus. I pray that you will be daily into God’s Word and learn from it. I pray that through the reading of God’s Word, you will find encouragement in your journey and also realize that even the heroes (don’t know what else to call them) of the Bible also had sons and daughters that didn’t follow God and made poor decisions. I pray that even in Jail, your son will meet someone who will lead him to the Lord and that he will now start to read the Bible for himself.

• Lisa Soto says:

Pat H. Thank you so very much for your love and your prayers.
        Both of my children grew up in the church. As a single mother I have always been the one to provide and suffer. But, my two boys always knew how to stop me in the midst of crying or even a breakdown and tell me, “mom, let me pray for you! Or mom, lets pray!”
        I strayed from my church because I was hurt by the church. So, once I strayed, my children strayed also.
        Sometimes I feel that my son being in jail is my fault. What could I have done to save him from this?

I know that I am going to get through this. Jesus is my comfort. I started going back to church and I’m in my bible every single day. I feel the fullness of God within my trials.
        I’m praying also that my son rekindle his relationship with God. He recently called me and asked me to send him some scriptures he can read. That made my heart sing..
        One way or the other we will be fine. We will grow as a family and be happier that we had invited God back into our lives because we can’t do anything without him.

• praying for you and your family!

• Rokhshie M says:

Lisa,
      Remember Isaiah 40:10
      “I am your GOD! I will strengthen you & help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand”.
      Do not let go – when He closes a door, He opens a window.
      Praying for you and will continue to do so that you will experience His loving care – always.

9. I ask for prayer for my husband for he has strongholds and a hard heart. I ask that you will pray that God will turn my husband’s heart toward him and me again. Being that the enemy has turned him to go off feelings instead of unconditional love. I am praying for a miracle,blessing,and favor that God will heal and restore our marriage.

• Lord, I pray for restoration for Sheri and her marriage.

• Lisa Soto says:

Sheri- I prayed for you and your husband.

• pat parisi says:

Praying that God will soften your husband’s heart and restore your marriage and that until then he will hold you tightly in His arms and be your comfort and strength.

• Sheri,
      I am praying for your marriage as well as for your husband. May both of your hearts be turned to God, throughout this struggle. I pray that your family will heal through prayers on your behalf. As you read your bible daily, I pray for encouragement for you in what you read.

10. My struggle is trusting The Lord in the process of my healing. My heart hurts and I tend to jump ahead to what it will look like after I am healed!

11. Sheri- I have prayed for you and your husband. God Bless

12. I am needing prayer for my marriage. Hurtful things have happened and been said and we need healing in our relationship. We have a 17 month old that I don’t want to be hurt by our arguments but I’m not ready to give up either. Sometimes I just don’t see how it’s going to work though…

13. It has been a very hard time following my divorce and the time has come that we need to move out of our current home. However with a very limited budget and a time crunch for being out of the house I am not sure where to go to next. Please pray for clarity on this matter and also for some financial relief. Thank you

• Jill,
      New beginnings are very difficult. I pray for wisdom for you and discernment in decisions that you will be making, where you will be living. I pray over the home that God has in mind for you, in the neighborhood that God has planned, and for new friends to guide you, both in your church and in your new neighborhood.

14. Thank you for the opportunity to pray together.
    I ask for prayer for a new relationship. I re-connected with someone from my past and feel that this is a good relationship. One of the first things that he said to me was that he was thanking God that I contacted him and he feels that this is God’s will for us. We have been communicating and went on a wonderful first few dates, but now things seem distant. I pray that God will keep the door open for this relationship and that he will open hearts and open communication. I ask that you will pray in agreement that God will continue to bless us. I ask this in Jesus name. Thank you.

15. I am struggling with listening yo and waiting on God where my career is concerned. I want to be in his will in all areas of my life.

16. I am struggling with listening to and waiting on God where my career is concerned. I want to be in his will in all areas of my life.

• “Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, This Is The Way; Walk In It.–Isaiah 30:21

I am also trying to listen for God’s direction to do His will and not my own in my career and other paths.
      Be still and listen. Hard to do, how well I know. But His word will be brought to your ear.
      God bless.

• Renee:

I’m praying for your future that the right doors would be opened and it be clear to you which path would best honor God.

17. My biggest struggle right now is my husbands unemployment . Often in our 23 years marriage he has gone through periods of unemployment. I worry about his frame of mind as we go through this. He is questioning his career, ability and his purpose. Please pray God will provide employment that will provide for our household. Also pray for our marriage this is extremely hard for him but hard for me as well going to one income and trying to balance all things.

• Kara:
      I prayed for your husband to find work that would enable him to provide for his family.

• Kara,
      My husband and I just came out of the same situation. He was out of work for months and had to take a contract job 2 states away to make ends meet for much less pay. He came home on the weekends which were so short-lived as he had a 4+hour drive. This lasted a year. It was difficult but we kept praying for God’s will in where He wanted him to be. My husband prayed for God to close the doors where He did not want my husband to be and there were many. This tested my husband’s trust in the Lord and he started to question himself too, but a wise friend told him God already has the place for him. We thanked God for what he was doing ahead of time and kept our focus on how He wanted to grow us through this. As the Word says He will bring good out of our troubles. We have all grown so much, including our kids, as the Lord has just recently brought my husband home to a fantastic job only 15 minutes from our house! Continue to trust and seek God as He takes care of those who seek Him wholeheartedly. He has great plans for your family! He wants your whole hearts and grow you through this! I am praying for you and your husband as he needs encouragement from you. It is difficult but we can do all things through Him who strengthens us!

18. I pray for each and everyone of you for blessings and the Holy Spirit leading each one under his guidance and steps. For we are promised that God will never leave nor forsake us. GOD bless you all!!

19. Please for better communication between my husband and myself. We’ve been married almost a year, I’m 54 & he’s 66, so thus us not our first round. Honesty and willingness ..thank you. I have prayed iver these requests.

20. I’m praying for you and your husband Kara. I am praying you both first will put God first in all things, trust in Him to find your husband a job, show your husband how valuable he is to God, and that you will both put each other first when trying to resolve the ‘balancing’ act of the financial issues. God always has the perfect plan! Be encouraged, be blessed!

I am asking for prayer for my husband as well. He has trouble trusting God with his whole heart, and still thinks he needs to help God in his plan for his life. He has gotten more and more testy, angry, and hot-headed, and hard to live with steadily over our 39 years of marriage. Instead of each decade getting worse, I would like this to be the decade of real change for the better. And for my husband to have a desire to know the Word and to really know God.
    Thank you!
    Susan

21. Crystal Moore says:

I know just how you feel. I don’t want to burden others. So here I go: I have started a new position in July 2013 at my job. In September I had a head on accident and was out of work to the first of the year. I have notice that my short term memory has really been affected. I write a lot more down and have to refer back to it. I take care of my mom which is wheelchair bound. Thank God for my husband that stays at home and has taken up most of the load. I am the sole financial provider now. Please pray God will give me the calmness to regain my confidence in my job and show God in everything I do.
    I have prayed for all.

22. My youngest daughter , who is 11 started having seizures this past January. Just this past week she was finally diagnosised. She has partial complex epilepsy. Please pray that the medicine that she has been on will help her and that she will get caught up in school.

• Melissa,
      I pray that the doctors have diagnosed the seizures correctly and that the medication that they have prescribed will help your daughter. I pray that, at her young age, there are friends that can go along side of her and encourage her. I pray that there will be someone who will come forward to encourage her. I also, pray for your patience and loving guidance.

23. I have a hard time asking for prayer because it exposes alot. I have struggled with many health problems for over 25 yrs ab I am only 35. I don’t ever remember what it feels like to be well. January 2013 I got a Vagas Nerve Stimulator implant that was supposed to help with 2 issues but the side effect of the device are horrible and I felt duped in to a surgery that cannot be reversed. I became very depressed asI have many times in my life. I was angry and I didn’t know who to direct it at so I began to ignore God and the enemy took over and thoughts of suicide began to plauge me as have happened before. Please pray for all of these things and restored faith and trust of Gods love.

• Jessica,
      I am praying for you spiritually, physically and emotionally. I pray the Lord will wrap his loving arms around you like a warm blanket and that you will feel His peace.

24. It is also very hard for me to ask my friends for prayer but recently they have reinforced what you have said about it is not a burden on them and that they are glad to help. My prayer request today is that I struggle alot with panic and anxiety. I was doing really well after a very dear friend of mine who is a mighty woman of God had prayed over me for these issues but today has been really hard. I am getting hit this year really bad. I should be celebrating but I can’t seem to fine the joy that should be in these moments. My daughter is getting married in August to a very fine man and my son graduates from high school in June and then in probably either going to West Virginia or Georgia to school which leaves my husband & I with an empty nest. This is so hard for me. My kids are my world and I am just having a hard time of letting go. I stayed at home with them from the time they were born. I just ask for God’s peace to cover me and to relieve me of this panic and anxiety. I want to be able to enjoy this time with my kids and not dread what is to come.

• Kris, it does sound like you and I are sharing in some of the same things. I, too, suffer with panic and anxiety. My oldest moved away in 2011 and is now married. I sufferd with depression really bad after he left home. My middle son is graduating high school in May and will be living on campus at college. In a couple of years, our youngest will be gone as well. I know that I will have a hard time dealing with the empty nest thing, but I am sothankful that the Lord is slowly easing me into that stage of my life.

I am praying for you, sweetie. Just remember that you are not alone.

• To Kris, I was anxious and panicky my whole life until age 50 and finally accepted that God works through medication too. I have been on meds for 21 years and am at peace and happy. People take meds for all types of other issues but shun help for emotions. The brain is an organ that sometimes malfunctions as do other organs. God provides help in many ways.

25. Thank you for this assurance, Renee. I do always feel I’m burdening or worrying if I tell it like it really is. I often feel guilty to ask for prayers, because maybe then I’m complaining or someone might think I’m feeling sorry for myself. So I’m stepping out to ask for prayer to cope with chronic illness and to keep focused on Jesus. I wrote a blog post today about the struggle -http://freedtofly.wordpress.com/2014/03/13/but-i-will-remember-his-miracles/#comment-498
    God is confirming it to me lately that being “real” is opening up blessings.

26. Jessica, I have prayed for you. Let me also say that I have also had more than my share of health issues and I am only 37. Throughout the health issues, I found myself battling depression as well. In the midst of it all, God called my baby girl home before she took her first breath. He blessed me one year later with a son (now 12 going on 20, it seems). 6 months after he was born, I was served with divorce papers. I have since remarried and am so thankful for the blessings in my life but I still struggle with health concerns that plague me with emotional highs and lows.

I share all of this with you to let you know you are not alone. I know how difficult it can be to ask for prayer but it can also be difficult to accept prayer. Thank you for sharing your story and I will continue to pray for all of you!

27. I covet your prayers for my son Ryan. He is is 31 years old and struggles with addictions. He has accepted the Lord as his personal Savior but needs to live a life that is pleasing to Him. Thank you.

28. Heather P says:

I would appreciate extra prayers right now for my marriage and my husbands parents. Seeking restoration in my own marriage and my in-laws are in the middle of a divorce (that my husband is in the middle of). It’s not easy right now.

29. I have prayed for each of you. I also struggle with asking for help or for prayers. Please pray for my 10 year old daughter, who has been having some emotional and health issues and has lost a dramatic amount of weight. I am so concerned for her, but we haven’t found a doctor yet who will help her and search for a cause of her problems. Please pray that she will be healed physically and emotionally and will know God’s constant and unending love for her.

• Heidi,
      As a mother, I feel your concern and pain for your precious little girl. Prayers are being lifted for her and peace and wisdom for you.

30. I have a prayer request for my step-mother who will soon be 95. I have placed her in a Christian Nursing Home, where she is able to attend church, be visited by the pastor, and is getting great food and care. I ask that you please pray that she will adjust to her new surroundings and I need the patience for each time I go in and she asks to go home. Since she is legally blind, and has a hearing problem, she can no longer take care of herself.

• Dear Pat,

Father God, please look over the needs of Pat’s step-mother as she enters into this new stage of life. Please place this frightened woman in the hands of loving and God-Filled caregivers who bring out the best in her and help her feel welcome. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Peace be with you, my friend.

31. Heidi, I have prayed for you and as a mother and aunt know your concerns. Please pray for healing for my husband. He has multiple medical conditions which have led to behaviors that is destroying our marriage and our family. I need prayer to stay strong for me and our kids.

• Dear Trudy,

I can empathize with you. I am not certain if your husband is struggling with alcoholism/addiction – but if so, I’ve been there. If he ( and you and your family) is dealing with chronic illness behaviors I hope his doctor is aware of it.

Let’s pray together, Father God, Please gather up this struggling family and lead each one of them to a special relationship with you. May each one KNOW that he/she can turn to you in times of despair and celebrate with you in times of happiness. Please remind Trudy that it is not selfish to take care of herself in these times as well — some quiet time with you, a walk, a warm cup and a pen & paper. Give them strength to keep their marriage commitment and grow in their own paths.

In Jesus’ name,
      Amen

32. Chasity Spotts says:

I have a prayer request. My family and I are in need of at least two more vehicles so that my stepdad can get to work because his ride is finding other employment and my big sister needs transportation, she has two babies (2 mth and a 2 year old) and she needs transportation to get them back and forth to the doctor. My grandmother is still suffering from a stroke she had earlier this year I’m praying that she gets back in a God fearing, God teaching church so she can see the work of God in her life. I myself am in need of employment/transportation so that I may be able to financially help my church and family and get my ducks in a row.

• Dear Chasity,

Father God, please watch over Chasity’s family and provide transportation opportunities they can continue to take care of their family’s needs. Place your hand on her suffering grandmother and let her know that are with her in her struggle and the joy. Guide Chasity’s path so she may find gainful employment and let her light shine to others.

In Jesus’ name,
      Amen

33. Chasity Spotts says:

Praying for you ladies. God bless you and your friends and family.

34. My sister at age 56 is battling bladder cancer. It is high grade which means it is invasive and recurring. She just started treatment this week. We are worried that the cancer has spread. She is about at her wits end. I try to remain up beat and positive but at times I become afraid for her and what the outlook is for her. Alone, I cry. With her I can’t. This treatment does not always work so after 6 weeks she may find out there is no cure. My family would be devastated.

• Lord You alone are our strength. Please be with this precious family. I lift the sister with the bladder cancer to your sufficient hands. I lift the sister that is afraid for her to your strength, Lord. Comfort and fill them both with your perfect peace. Thank you Jesus.

35. A son and daughter-in-law that are not walking in the light of our Lord. They both know Him, but are trying to do life alone. It is breaking my heart.

• Dear Terri,

Let’s pray together – Father God, please shine your light in Terri’s son’s and daughter-in-law’s lives. Let them experience a whole new relationship with you – one in which they feel unconditionally loved and full of hope, even on the not-so-great days. Show them they can rely fully on you and you will walk along with them and guide their hearts. In jesus’ name, Amen.

Much peace to you, my friend.

Kristin

36. I am struggling with control. I am working on releasing my feelings of anxiety, worry, less-than-others, and anger to my Father’s hands. I have always felt like I had control, but it’s really just a facade. I have a child who picks and pulls her hair out of anxiety – she is ADHD as well and the medication can exacerbate the feelings of needing to pick. I am scared for her. I am asking for prayer to have God help me take proper care of myself and to let Him have control of my life so I can let Him shine through me to my family, friends, co-workers and readers. Much gratitude…

37. Hi my name is Tammy, my primary requests r answered prayer revolve around a seemingly impossible family situation. My son and I finally started counseling yesterday with his physcloigist, begining with an hr and half of her taking background details from me, of his life including when I left his dad for dv the fact that even though its not physical with my son or I its still there. I’ve been back 2yrs and gods working miracles but its still hard. My son has special needs. It has brought up so much stuff in me. I only started a program to reduce prescription Tablet use and stuffed up.
    I have to run, I’m praying for the top person I read on the list.
    Wish I had more time
    I really needed the word today and to remember to pray for others.
    Bless u

38. Praying that we all are trusting the LORD with all our hearts and leaning not on our own understanding and will acknowledge Him in all our ways and He will make our paths straight and that we will love the LORD with all our hearts, minds, souls, and strength. May the God of hope fill us with all joy and peace as we are trusting Him so that we may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Please pray for my family that those who haven’t accepted Jesus as their Savior will and that we will have Him as the center of our lives. Also, i would appreciate prayer for my health situation-to know what doctor, tests, and treatments i should do and strength to do what i need to do-what the LORD wants me to do. Thank you!

39. Please pray for me! I am a single mom and also work. I feel so overwhelmed, sometimes I would rather end my life, than go through these tough times. I am afraid of being a failure.. Please pray for me strength and wisdom to be a great mom and get through nursing school.

• Terra,
      I am lifting you up in prayer right now and will continue to lift you up. The Lord has great plans for you. He will be your strength and carry you through this season of your life. I understand the struggle of being a single mom. I am one, too. It is definitely the hardest thing that I have ever been through. However, through my situation I know that God is drawing me closer to Him. I’m sure He is doing the same in your life. You might not be able to see it now, but God is making you a stronger person every single day. Always remember that God is by your side, even if it seems like He isn’t. God has given you the ability you need to be the best mom for your child. He blessed your sweet child with you as a mom because God knows that you are capable of performing the task at hand. Don’t give up. There is light at the end of the tunnel. God bless you!!

40. Janet Daniel says:

Alisa,
    I prayed for your family and those that need the blessings and love of Jesus to touch their hearts. I pray for you also that whatever health problems you have may be healed in the name of Jesus and that he may give you continued strength and courage. May
    God Bless You!

41. Janet Daniel says:

I need prayer for over reacting and not thinking of what burdens I may be putting on others by my misconceptions of what a person may be telling me. I need help speaking mor positive things over my life.
    Thank you! Renee!

• I prayed for you!

• Hi my name’s Betty and my husband and I are fostering our 3 grandsons.
      We really need prayer as it is so very hard to be united in how to parent our grandsons for a time.
      We are in our 50′s so not really wanting to fight with strongwilled boys and toe the line; it is to much easier to give them what they clamor for. I want to have rules and stick with them because when they go back to their dad/mom they will be expected to obey and follow rules; my husband does not want to have the fight that ultimately ensues when we want to enforce our requests.
      Please pray that we as a couple will not allow the enemy to put a wedge between our relationship with each other.
      Pray also that we will be able to guide our grandsons to understand in some part why we have rules and desire for them to obey them.
      Pray also for the parents, who are seeking a divorce, that they will put their children first instead of their own fleshly desires.

42. Please pray for my family. My husband is miserable at work – difficult situation – has recently applied for a new position. Please pray we will make the right decision and he will be where God wants him to be.

• Dear Donna
      I pray that your family will be surrounded by our Lord’s pace and strength as you seek direction as to which way to go. I pray our Lord will open a door to the place He has planned for your husband. I pray that you will rest in the knowlege that He is in control and that He has a plan for your life and that, that plan is for good and not for evil to give you a hope and a future. (Jer 29:11)
      Stay strong in the Lord and rest in His faithfulness. May the Blessing of our Lord Jesus Christ rest on you.

Love
      your sister in Christ Jesus

43. Janet Daniel says:

Dear Terra,
    Please, please don’t speak those words! I am praying for you now. Do you know how blessed you are? God loves you too much to let you give up. Something my mentor has always said to us is its not how often you fall that matters but how many times we get up and try again. And you know what I have felt like a failure too many times to count but every time I get back up and try again it only makes me stronger. don’t give up on your self. Just speak the name of Jesus every time you feel weak and keep saying it until you are at peace! May God bless you and your children today! LOL Janet

44. Janet Daniel says:

Donna
    I prayed for you and your family! I pray that your husbands job difficulty is resolved.

45. Hi my name’s Betty and my husband and I are fostering our 3 grandsons.

46. I am single mom. I pray that God will bless me with a godly husband and godly father for my son. I also need prayers regarding my career path. I will be taking two praxis tests in hopes of becoming a teacher. I pray that if it’s God’s will that I will pass these tests and become a teacher. Thank you in advance for your prayers!

• Father God, I know that You know Megan’s needs. I know that You have someone who will be a Godly husband to her and a Godly father for her son. Bless her with patience as she waits for Your very best to be poured into her life. Bless her as she takes the Praxis tests that she will have the necessary calm as she takes them. In all things, Father God, may Your will be done and may Megan rejoice in the extravagant blessings that You send her way. In the name of Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.

47. I am asking for prayers for strength and wisdom. A year ago, my younger brother was found dead in his apartment in China where he had been teaching English as a Second Language. We finally received his remains last Thursday. In addition on February 23, my 33 year old niece died from ALS (Lou Gehrig’s Disease) leaving behind a 6 year old son and a husband along with many other family members and friends who loved her very much, myself included. Because I am an ordained minister, the blessing of conducting their memorial services has fallen to me. (I’m called the family pastor.) I do consider it a blessing to be able to offer this final act of love for them both, but I know that I am going to need all that God can give me in order to make it through both services and provide the comfort that others need. Thank you all in advance for praying for me. I appreciate it greatly.

48. My husband and I have been owners/operators of a gas station for 6 1/2 years now. It has been an unbelievable trial in our life. It has been a huge financial drain on us. I work there 40 hours a week for free so that we aren’t paying employees to work there. We take home no income. We lost power yesterday due a bad snow storm so lost a ton of business. Please pray for many new customers to support our business. We are a very small family owned business that cannot compete with the big gas stations out there. It is a lonely struggle that few people can understand. Thank you for this opportunity to share this prayer request. Praying for God’s intervention in this business of ours.

49. Angie,
    Thank you for your prayers you are in mine too. Sometimes its even more comforting to know that someone who feels and experiences the same things as you is praying for you.

Terra,
    I know the feelings that you feel for giving up…but I have been shown by God that’s not His plan for me..I don’t know what He has in store for me but you are blessed and loved and God wants to use you too. Its hard when those feelings seem to be so strong and all consuming. I’m praying for you right now and will be.

50. Carol Duncan says:

My husband lost his job last June. His severance ran out in September and we are out of money, resources, and everything else. We are low on food, both for us and our cats. We need cat litter too and we are way behind on bills. My faith is shaky and it seems like every other day I just want to curl up and cry. I know God has a full time church position for us but I don’t know why He is waiting so long. It seems our friends have moved on leaving me feeling extremely lonely. Our two part time jobs are not cutting it. I’m tired, hurt and lonely. I just want someone to care, care enough to ask me how I’m doing and then listen and help me through this.

• Debra K Yarbrough says:

Carol, I am so sorry no one is listening and walking by your side. My husband and I are in the same boat as you are right now. It is hard very hard I wont lie to you. Many people shy away as if they might catch the poor bug. But our God hears us and see our pain. Yes it is much harder than any can ever know unless they have had to walk in faith for food, bills, and jobs. My husband and I both feel very grateful that God exposed where our trust was, it was not in God, but in our jobs and money. The walk out of this is not easy. We both read the scriptures that we found on trusting in God, how God provides we pray them out loud as if they were written for us.

Lord Jesus you hear the cries of this woman, Lord I know from experience how painful, hard and lonely this place can be, Lord. Lord Jesus I am coming to You asking for You Lord to provide food, cat litter, help to pay their bills and better jobs Lord. I praise your holy Name Lord and thank You Lord for hearing our prayers and I thank You Lord that You have provided all these needs to Carol and her family. Lord I thank You that you surround Carol and her family with friends who will listen, and be concerned as You tell us in Your word. Lord I am thanking You for hearing and loving us to take care of us and provide our needs in Jesus name amen.

• I am so sorry for your situation, Carol. Praying for God’s provision and care for you.

51. Brenda,
    Thank you for your prayers as well I am praying for your son. Addiction is sometimes harder even on those who care and have to watch it unfold and feel helpless. I pray that God comforts you through this time and for physical and emotional healing for him and the family too.

52. Hi I have been a herion addict since the age of 13..I am now almost 22 and by only God’s love, grace,& Word I am going on 4 months clean!!!! I have never been clean before and I know that many of you are probably thinking only 4 months???! But in my life. ..This is A true blessing. Pray for me please. .thanks

• Praying for you, Ashlee, that you will continue to rely on God’s strength to keep you clean. God Bless you!

53. Good day Mrs. Renee Swope,

My name is Nardia and I live in Kingston, Jamaica. I thank God for you and also for that lovely ebook on Valentine Day it truly bless my heart daily. A big thank you. Also, I have a problem in asking people to pray for me as I see it has a sign of being weak and lacking enough faith for oneself. Please pray for me to have this mindset removed has there are a lot of things I need prayer for, example strength to serve God daily and also to get a house to purchase in a wonderful complex I have found. Please pray for me that I will get the opportunity to own one of these apartments in Jesus name. Thank you.

His,

Nardia

54. Where to begin? i need a job but nothing works out. I Want to do
    Something meaningful is available or my education isn’t enough or fill in
    the blank. I can’t take any more…Wait any more or hope any more. I feel
    trapped…I am trapped!

today I am just discouraged, frustrated, broke & tired of all the perfect
    storm struggles…So bummed…So upset. Thank you for praying for me.

• Debra K Yarbrough says:

I truly understand your pain, as I am in the same boat. I know that God is here with us.

Lord please help Prodo to learn to trust in You with all of her heart to lean not to her understanding, to acknowledge You in all of her ways, make her pathway straight Lord to the job You have for her. Lord
      the job You want her to be in for Your Glory. Lord surround her with Your peace, comfort and love and
      let her know You care and are concerned about her. Give Her Your confidence Lord, thank You Lord
      that You go before her that Your favor proceeds her that she is always in the right place at the right time
      as You direct her steps to the job you have chosen for her. Thank You Lord that she is highly favored and chosen over others Lord because Your favor went before her. In Jesus name amen

55. Debra K Yarbrough says:

I am in a very tough place right now. I am in a new group at church all older women as myself. I feel very intimated as they are all college educated and I am not. They all have great careers, I have lost my job and feel bless to have my part time job as a crossing guard. Life has not been easy this last year, my husband lost his job. This was not expected and we were not prepared. We both are in our 60′s and did not prepare
    for retirement due to accidents and life in general. We put our priorities on getting children through college, helping out when they needed help and forgot about ourselves believing we would have time to save. Our
    home is not paid for and we have debt. I have see the good in this trial I had all my trust in our jobs, money and not God. It is still hard to adjust to barely making it Praise the Lord our basic needs are met. The hard part is adjusting to not having wants little things that we took for granite.

Please pray for me not to be intimated around these women in this group, have the confidance that God has given to me that I am important also even without a college education. Pray for me to make the right choice about going back to college at this age will it be benefical or just blowing money that we don’t have.

56. Father God, I pray for Debra, Lord bind her heart with the women at church. Lord give her something in common with these ladies. Lord remove any pride from the ladies or Debra that might be hindering the relationships from forming. Lord, friendship takes time, allow Debra to give herself the time to form friendships. However, may she hear the melody of what a friend we have in jesus. Lord, this time in the world is of economic insecurity. But we can trust you with our futures. Lord this desire to go to school is coming from deep in Debra’s heart. Clarify for her if this desire is something that she needs to research like are there any scholarships for women to pay for her education. Help her explore raising support to go to school. Lastly, perhaps research free courses. Let her research student loans so she can make an informed decision, since educational loans can not be defaulted on. Lord, meet their needs physically, financially and spiritually. Help her grown children to help them now. Lord, you are in control and you are bigger than our problems but our problems lead us away from you when we don’t trust that you hear our prayers. Lord, any tears she is shedding please catch. Do not let Satan condemn her for helping others. In Jesus name, please send blessings to debra and her husband. Let her know that she is loved. Diana Rockwell

57. Diana Rockwell says:

I have chronic pain. I wake up daily with a sinus headache. I have had a sinus infection and had to be off work. I went back to work today and I am still struggling with a cough. The cough aggravates my back and so on it goes. Secondly I am wanting to write but other than my blog, I have so much fear of rejection. I am taking the compel course, but I feel so far behind and inadequate compared to what is being written. Thank you for your prayers. Diana

58. I know that I have ahard time asking for prayer support. However, I suffer with Social Anxiety and have a very hard time making and keeping friends. The area that God is working on in me right now is with self doubt. I just don’t feel that what I am dealing with is important enough to try and ask for prayer support. I always feel that what everyone else is going through is enough and they don’t need to hear about me or my struggles <– see told you self doubt is a big issue for me.

I have bought Renee's book A Confident Heart and I bought the devotional as well. I will be reading through them and trying to apply what is said to my life. Thank you Renee for this book. I cannot wait to read it and discover where God leads me.

Thank you for reading and for your prayers.

• I’ve prayed for you! May the God of all comfort fill you with hope, give you strength, & encourage your heart!

59. There are so many of our friends/family going through struggles – long term marriages where the couples are at odds with one another, several friends with severe health challenges. I do take these burdens to God but am going to ask someone to “lift up my hands” a I stand in the gap for ‘my’ people. Thanks so much!

• I just prayed for you Deb and the friends/families yo know that are going through struggs in their marriages, health, etc. You are gift to each of them and Im standing in the gap with you today!

60. Renee, what a blessing you are to so many. I pray that God continues his work through you and gives you the strength to balance both family and your ministry. Prayed for you!

I am recently divorced, but not by my choice. I pray to God all the time for restoration; or that he sends me a man that has Christ in his life. It is so hard at the age of 56. But my faith is strong and will continue to wait for God’s blessing. Renee, pray for me ! If it wasn’t for my friends praying and being at my side going through this loss, I don’t know how I would have found the strength. God is merciful and good; he has blessed me so much and I thank him all the time for family and friends and you.

In Jesus name…
    Be
    bdewey@hmhlp.com

• So grateful God has surrounded you with friends that will fill in your gaps and be there for you, praying you through this loss and into God’s promises. I just prayed for you too!

61. thank God for this opportunity to share this. Am of marriageable age and no suitor yet and i strongly belief in his word that says it is not good for man to be alone and also He God has placed the lonely into Family. I dont want to go through 2014 without settling in my Home and with my God ordained husband that God can talk to in Jesus Name…..

62. I am praying for your son even now. I understand personally from deal with cancer a few years ago how much the prayer support of others helped both me and may husband get through that time.

I am also learning when a friend shares a need to say, “Can I pray with you right now rather than walk away after promising to pray later. It works, touches the person and you feel God’s presence and know it is what He would want you to do. I will continue to keep your son and family in my prayers. Mary

63. Bridgette says:

Please, please pray for me. I need a better life than I am living now. I want to go to university. I don’t have the money or the credentials to get in. Please pray for a miracle that God would do the impossible for me. I am at the end of my rope.

• I prayed for you Bridgette. Im praying for God’s favor and open doors. And if not the door you want then another that has great meaning and purpose. You are loved!!

64. I am a single mom with 2 teenagers. I have no friends no companion no to talk to. I have been alone for 8 years. I am lonely. I have completely withdrawn myself from people. I recognize I’m not helping but I feel like people will know the real me the me thats been in pain hurtin me.

• Im praying for you right now ReNell. Im proud of your for being brave and sharing your needs and hurts here. Isolation is not a safe place. Alone is not where God wants you to be. But it’s exactly where the enemy wants to convince you to stay. Can I encourage you with something that God challenged me with years ago when I felt very alone.

Today, look for one person who needs a little encouragement and encourage them. Look for another who might need to see a smile, and smile at them. In very simple, low-risk ways, give away what you long for. Want to be noticed? Notice someone. Wish someone would say something kind to you. Give a small compliment to the next drive-through worker who serves you. Offer just a hand-full of what you wish you had. And watch God come alive through you. That is where true life and joy and companionship are found – when we get just brave enough to give a little bit away.

Im praying for big surprises of joy and laughter to come your way. Im asking Jesus to show up and show YOU His heart in this next week. Im praying for a break-through for you. Love you sister. You are not alone!!

65. Waiting on God says:

I prayed for you, Bridgette, and ReNell. I pray that You feel God’s presence and peace in your heart while you are waiting for His answer and clear direction. May you be surrounded with His love and held up.

66. Waiting on God says:

Thank you,Renee, for this opportunity to share our hearts and be prayed over. I have one of those lives that if a movie was written about it people would think it was fiction because nobody goes through all that in one life!
    I ask for prayer because I feel like I was not a good mom. My siblings and my husband’s siblings children all seem to be on the right track while my 20-something children are still struggling with getting their education and appearing to be on track with taking care of themselves financially. I know I shouldn’t compare but every time we have family get togethers, it hits me all over again.
    Pray that I would see my children through God’s eyes and that my focus would be more on showing Christ in my life so that they would desire this to guide their lives as well and that He would become first in their lives (& my husband’s).

• Im praying for you “waiting on God” – praying praying praying. Praying for you to know He’s not disappointed in you, and its not your fault for the ways your loved ones are struggling right now. Keep loving them, encouraging them, praying for them and cut the strings between your identity and their performance. They are His – He gave them to you to love and guide but the results are really in His hands and theirs’. And remember, God is the perfect parent – yet look at how his kids turned out and turned away from Him. (i.e.. the garden). Be kind to yourself and let’s keep asking Him to help you see them through His eyes.

67. TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE POSTED: i have prayed for everyone of you and asking for prayer too

In 2012 i was in a turmoil of life with consequences still occurring. I have come to realize my way is not the right way. Im looking for a relationship with God. Its exciting. My husband and i are trying to repair our marriage. We had. A chain of events that have put us in different houses. He has a relationship with god and i lost when it comes to that relationship with god. I went to ignite where i heard renee talk about her life and how she become a cofident godfident child of god. Renee you have sparked my fore and i want to ignite into a christian child of God. So excited but i need prayers. I am going through a somewhat seperation and a child custody battle from my ex and really trying to juggle all the plates. I dont like this worldy life of i can do it. I meed u to pray for my family and for me to stay focused on this joirney i am beginning. I dont want to fall off the path that God has been calling to me. We get uncomfortable and we tend to go back to the norm. I want to stay uncomfortable and be a christian. God bless yal and all of your stories show that people of all kinds and all situations need extra prayer. Yal have touched me in a way u will never know. Thanks!

68. Royal Diadem says:

I am afraid and I know fear is not from the Lord. I am afraid that I will fail a leader (my sister thinks I will & even that makes me sad that she thinks so little of me.) I’m afraid I’ll be jobless soon. Pray for me that I remember fear is not from the Lord and that God’s perfect love drives out all fear.

69. Royal diadem-
    All my life i looked for approval from my family.
    I grew up in a small town in michigan. My father and i never got along. My mother always backed him. I was the black sheep. I always felt like the odd ball. Looking for approval in all directions. Friends..family…coworkers.. Never felt like i could make anyone proud. But guess what we dont need approval from ANYONE. the only ONE person we need it from is GOD. and God approves of us every day. Ill be praying for u. You are a determined and confident person dont fear. Speak it into existense. You are a confident person!

70. Kathleen Flanders says:

I hope it’s not too late to add my need for prayer. I’ve been having some turmoil over some extended family matters. My parents have been placed in a nursing home ( Dad passed last month) and my sister has been named trustee of their estate. She is claiming everything is hers out of their house which she moved to her home and has been defensive and angry at me and my brother about dividing it as my Mom has spoken to us about. There’s more to the estate and it’s gets complicated but I’m afraid she’s trying to steal the rest of it.
    She acts as if she hates me. Yet she’ll be nice if she wants something. It’s broken my heart. For she doesn’t seem like my sister any more. Please pray for me for God’s grace and cover. I am praying and learning to trust and obey Him in whatever He wants me to do. I have been angry over this but now just heartbroken and sick. So glad we can pray for one another. As I read some of the prayer needs above I send my prayers as well!

71. I may be too late, and no one may even read this, but it feels good just to get this out anyway. I lost my only son almost 2 years ago. He was 21 years old. The grief and pain are still so fresh! You really learn who your friends are and more importantly who they are not when you go through a tragedy like this! Christian friends who I thought would have been right by my side told me to “get over it”…”life goes on”…”you’re being weak”, “you’re being selfish”… This has just compounded my grief and pain! One in particular is now going through a struggle in her own family, and this has made it very hard for me to have any kind compassion (even a little) for her…I don’t like being this way! Please pray that I can have forgiveness for EVERYONE that has said even the smallest unkind thing to me regarding my grief even though not one has ever offered one word of an apology to me. Please pray that I can show compassion to those who have shown none to me. I am really struggling with this right now!

• My heart really hurts reading your pain and those who have been so harsh towards your personal tragedy. May GOd comfort you, Rest assured, He meets you exactly where you are! I will keep you in prayer throughout my day/weeks to come. I know and TRUST that God can be your comforter and He wants to do nothing short of heal your deep pain in losing your son. God bless you and hang in there…

72. Dear MJS, If I could see you, I would give you a hug and the opportunity to cry, yell or just be. Grief has no time limit. Somedays are better than others, I am sure you can see his smile through the glistening tears, or as you remember the joy of hearing his voice. Father God, I pray for MJS that you will become so real to her, that you will ease her lonliness and the pain o this loss. Lord allow MJS to feel compassion and empathy towards others. Send new friends into her life. In Jesus name.

As far as forgiveness goes, these words are between you and God, it goes like this, Lord, I chose to forgive ____________for _______________ and it made me feel _____________.
    This sentence has changed my life. Be sure to say it out loud and be sure to say how you really feel, if it makes you angry then say it makes you feel anger.

I hope this helps, but God had me read your comment. He knows where you are at and He loves you. Blessings…..Diana

73. I am praying for the mom of my stepdaughter that the Holy Spirit would shower her with grace so she is able to see good in the Heavenly Father’s earth. She is overly negative and tries to control our time and creates chaos where there doesn’t need to be any. I pray that she listens to you Lord, and your direction for her life for surely you would want the very best of her as a mother and wife. Please also be with my stepdaughter so she too listens to your Word and prayerfully follows you as her guide. AMEN.

74. Praying for your family Sara and your stepdaughter’s mom!!!

75. Carol Ann Pennington says:

My 20 year old son quit college and still can’t find a job. (He always got good grades in school.) I’m so sad that he quit college and I keep wanting to say “I told you so!” as for his inability to find a job. I’m so ashamed that he quit, I try to change the subject when people ask how he’s doing. My prayer request is for him to find a job that suits his shy personality and for me to accept his decision to go a non-traditional route.

76. Hi,
    I have been praying for months now for my son to stop hanging around the wrong people and to start seeking God. I’ve tried to talk to him but all he does is just lie….I can’t just pick up my stuff and move out of Houston… Every time I pray, the worst the situation gets. I don’t know what to do anymore… This dilemma has put a real dent between my husband and I since this is his step son. I feel like I’m torn between two people I love dearly. I feel like giving up…. My prayer is that he changes his way and that he finds a job soon…

77. Hi Carline. I prayed for you and each member of your family! Keep the faith and don’t give up! A family friend of mine always parts by saying ” Keep looking up”! Soooo… Keep looking up, sweet sister!

78. Wow, I have so many things I would love for people to pray for me about but that would be a potential burden for sure! Thanks Renee for the opportunity to share here and I have prayed for you, too!

My one prayer request for today, however, was sparked by Carline, the previous person I prayed for who is struggling with some concerns with her son.

I have a son whom I love so much! He has been a blessing since the day he was born. He is now 21, loves God, attends college away from home, makes good grades, plays football, loves making people laugh and sometimes is a little more mischievous as a young man can be at his age than I’d like. This son whom I love so dearly recently announced that if he didn’t soon know what he wanted to do in life by his senior year (a junior now), he was going to join the military after college. Now as I begin to imagine him in uniform even further from home my heart aches for a different decision. Please pray for him to find God’s guidance in this and for me to have peace with whatever God has planned for this wonderful little boy of mine. He will always be my little boy. Thanks so much!

79. Wow this is just wonderful. Ms. Jan I prayed for your son and for you. I have a son also and though he is young (10years old) I have the same feelings about him. He will always be my little boy. I love him soo. Be encourage in The Lord your son is covered by Gods grace and favor because of you.

80. My prayer request is for myself you see I have to go to court today in about 30 mins to be exact. Last year my niece was being bullied and I stepped in and defended her. Well the person filed charges against me which I never knew about until this February. In short I’ve never be in court before or arrested for that matter so I’m unsure how this will turn out. I know in my heart I did nothing wrong but yet here I am. So please pray that these charges are dismissed. Thank you. Gods blessing and love shine upon you.

• John 9:2-5 New Living Translation (NLT)

2 “Rabbi,” his disciples asked him, “why was this man born blind? Was it because of his own sins or his parents’ sins?”

3 “It was not because of his sins or his parents’ sins,” Jesus answered. “This happened so the power of God could be seen in him. 4 We must quickly carry out the tasks assigned us by the one who sent us.[a] The night is coming, and then no one can work. 5 But while I am here in the world, I am the light of the world.”

Jesus is our Strength through the storms. Keep your eyes on Him and not the wind and waves around you and your loved ones. May God Bless you all and cover you with His peace and love.

81. Please keep my husband in prayer..He wants to provide his family with a better paying position; He has applied and i trust it’s all in God’s hands, no matter what. Please pray for favor over my husband Michael with this position. God knows all our needs. Please also keep our family in prayer. God knows the details. Thank you for this forum Renee!

82. I’ve seen the power of prayer over and over. Please pray that Our Father God in The Name of Jesus will soften the heart of Judge Tynan of the Orange County Court House in Orlando FL this week of March 31st thru April 11th so that he would approve a motion I have submitted to him. Please pray that Jesus will go to Judge Tynan in someway to touch his heart and open his eyes to see truth and feel compassion. My beautiful 17yr old son will suffer the most if the motion is not approved and my heart will be shattered. Thank you everyone sooo very much for your prayers! With love and kindness, Trina

83. Michelle says:

Renee,

I could believe my ears when I heard you on the radio today. You were talking about you daughter and apraxia. My 3 year old daughter has just been diagnosed with apraxia and despite joining websites and facebook pages I still felt all alone. Your message was so timely. I pulled over and cried. Thank you for faithfulness. I no longer feel alone.

God bless you,
    Michelle

84. I like that story from John 9 . Mysteriously God becomes our strength in our weaknesses, and shows His Glory. Oh it can really hurt sometimes though. Renee I really like your book…and have gleaned so much, and good sense of humor. I think we could be friends in heaven. And also just got Holley Gerth book ” You’re going to be OK “.
    One thing is, my son is 18 and getting ready to go far away to College, it is so hard to let go…I regretfully did not go to College so the fears of the unknown are testing my faith for sure. So the worst part so far is that he is starting to question and not believe some of the Christian truths he was raised with. I am worried for him and cry often. My failures try to discourage. But when I sit quietly with God He gives me comfort….the truth in scriptures…the salesian poems and prayers…music…the sparrows…proverbs 31 ministries….Renee’s blog….others sharing their struggles and encouragements….sharing prayers…
    Serenity Prayer for us all !

85. My husband and I have been separated for nearly two years with him choosing to live outside of our home. I keep thinking it is God’s will for us to stay and be married because that is what the Bible says, but I am so lost in my thoughts and faith right now because I don’t understand why God has not answered my prayers for my husband to move home, to rekindle passion and intimacy, and to fully restore our marriage as it has never been before. I’m sad and am growing weary and mad at God and I dislike feeling this way. I don’t know what to pray anymore. My husband and I spend a couple of hours a day together but he is full of resentment, anger, and feels he does not love me as he once did. He wants the passion back he felt when we first met and bases his decisions on his feelings. Please pray as God leads you because I don’t know what to ask for in prayer. Thank you!

• Rebekah. I am praying for you and your marriage. Do not let the enemy harden your heart. Your husband is going off his feelings instead of what the word says.. God does not allow things to come to us to harm us but to help us. He wants your heart and for you to turn to him right now for all things including you having him as your husband.For he is a jealous God. He loves you more than you will ever know. His word will never contradict what he wants to tell you but you have to trust him through this whole process because his timing is different from ours. Just because you may not hear him does not mean he is not talking to you. Don’t give up so fast. There are things he wants to change in you and your husband but you both have to surrender to him. Please read and study your word everyday. You will get peace and comfort through this process. I am going through a similar situation right now with my husband. Let God strengthen you and stretch your faith and trust in him. Love you.

• Thank you so much for sharing this with me and for your prayers! I am feeling so depressed and defeated. I will also pray for you as this is so hard.

86. Hello – I have recently been given many overwhelming challenges. I lost a parent in December, my husband had an heart attack and I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. This all occurred within 30 days of each other. The ms was recently confirmed with tests. I am hesitant to share with even my closest friends and family as I don’t want to be a burden, or be treated differently, or for my kids to worry about this as they have endured enough. I know God will carry us through these struggles and I will keep holding His hand through it. I would appreciate prayers for strength and for myself and family. I pray these struggles will continue to draw us closer to our God and that we would sense his presence in our lives.

• I’ll be praying for you, that you may feel God’s presence and that He gives you the courage to tell family and friends and that they are supportive to you during this difficult time.

• Carol Ann Pennington says:

RH, I’ll be praying for you to have strength and peace with these struggles. I will ask the Holy Spirit to intercede for me so that he asks for what you truly need. We are all in this together, whatever our struggles may be. Love and Peace!

87. Hi all, this past Monday, March 24th, I had a horrible pain on my left side, I figured it was my appendix. However, when I went to the emergency room, I found out it was a kidney stone. I don’t understand why God would let this happen, cause I’m young. I pray God will use this experience in some awesome way, but that it NEVER happens again. It is sort of frustraing cause I’m going to school, and am planning on going on a long term mission trip in the fall. I just pray the kidney stones do not interfere with any of these.
    Thanks!!

88. Michelle,
    I couldn’t believe my ears this morning when Renee mentioned Apraxia on the radio. My 17 year old daughter was diagnosed with apraxia when she was 2. It has been a long, lonely road but the Lord has been faithful! We started out with sign language and picture menus and now she is talking. She even participates in speech & drama….took 11th at state in Expository. People can understand her 80-90% of the time but she hates being different. We constantly need prayer!

89. “Nothing is good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

William Shakespeare.

90. stephanie says:

Hi. Im a christian but my boyfriend is not and it is starting to cause problems between us because he doesnt understand why I have made some of the choices I have made in my life. I live him and truly believe that God doesn’t want me to break up with him but we are fighting constantly. Please pray for us.

91. i am a mother back in school and have dificulty passing an exams i am suppose to have passed two years ago. i am retaking it again in May and want you to join me inprayers for success. My kids keep telling me i can not drop out of the programme cos how wil encourage them in life. Pls i am holding tight on God for mercies for this exams.and also breakthrough in my marriage.

92. Michelle Quintero says:

I am the Mom of 2 almost teenage boys (one 16 and one will be 13 in 2 weeks). i struggle with social media as well. I love staying connected with my friends and family and that is the only way I can do it when they live so far away. I need to read Suzie’s book – the unburdened heart first. Our noon bible study has been reading it and they all say that its been changing them. I need that. i need to learn how to forgive and let go as I struggle with that with my hubby. i get upset with him for drinking, his choice of language, the way he treats our oldest son, etc. You name it, and I can make an argument for it. I’m tired of being hurt and want to move on to the be the person I know I can be through God. I used to be a happy person. People used to call me ‘smiley’ when they saw me and now I feel like I only smile when I’m with friends, and hardly do it around my family. I don’t like that and I want and need it to change. I want my boys to remember me for the happy person I can be, not for the ogre I am.

I met Suzie at the Hearts at home conference last fall and loved hearing her speak!. So to get her newest book would be such a great gift to me! :) .