What if I really believed God?

How would today be different if I really BELIEVED God?

Sometimes my emotional ups and downs make we wonder if I really believe God’s promises.

In my heart, I know I believe in Him, but do I really believe Him?

If I actively BELIEVE God, then I’ll trust He’s working everything out for good today – even though big expenses have drained our savings account and our son needed emergency oral surgery last week.

If I  intentionally BELIEVE God, I won’t be anxious today when little inconveniences get in my way. Instead I’ll turn to Him for peace and I’ll thank Him in advance for helping me accomplish what has to be done.

If I truly BELIEVE God, then I’ll go to bed on time tonight, because He doesn’t want me to stay up late working endlessly trying to get it all done. Jesus says He wants to give me the gift of rest.

How could your day be different, if you really BELIEVED God?

• How would your outlook be different?
  • How would your relationships be impacted?

I don’t know about you, but I don’t often realize Im not believing God. I need something to help me recognize and redirect my thoughts.

For instance, I’ve said ”My life is too hard”  to myself, my husband and my God quite often the past few weeks. We’ve just had one thing after the other going on around our house :). And if I believe that my life IS too hard…

• I get overwhelmed and want to quit. That’s my point of belief. Will I give in or will I grab a verse from God’s Word to believe and help me remember God promises to be with me; to give me strength and time to accomplish His purposes that day.
  • I get courage to keep going when I focus on His truth over my feelings and choose to really believe Him.  And somehow my active believing opens His acts of providing {or my eyes of seeing} and I end up with all I need to get through my days, my dilemmas and my doubts.

WhenISay_MyLifeisTooHard

As I wrote my A Confident Heart Devotional book, I kept thinking about this and I realized: I need a new thought map.

I included a “When I say…God says…” statement {like the one above} at the end of every devotion to help me {and hopefully you} replace OUR thoughts with GOD’s thoughts!

That way, we find ourselves lost, stuck or struggling we can turn to God’s truth and remember to BELIEVE.

How could YOUR day or week be different it you really believed God today?

Click “share your thoughts” below and do just that. When you do, you’ll be entered to win one of 3 copies of my new A Confident Heart Devotional with 60-days of encouragement and truth to help you really believe God.

Swope_ConfidentHeartDevotional_CVR.inddFREE bonus DOWNLOADS with Purchase:

If today’s post resonated with your heart, I hope you’ll get a copy of my new A Confident Heart Devotional book. When you purchase it this month, you can also receive a link to download FREE BONUS RESOURCES including 18 beautifully designed “When I say…God says” promise cards like the one above, plus  ”Confident Heart Prayer Journal” pages to download and print.

{Click here to see the FREE RESOURCES you can get with your purchase!}

To receive the FREE DOWNLOADS - {EMAIL your receipt to –> ConfidentHeart.devotion@gmail.com}

devo_04 copy

Comments

1. I appreciate the way you present the problem, challenge, or difficulty, but then you provide the “God” answer, solution, and/or relief. Thank you for providing the part about what God says to help people in their time of need.

• I love how you describe what I shared here. I guess you could say, I don’t like struggling with the same things over and over so Im always looking for ways that God offers a way out or over or through the challenges we face – with His word to light our path, with His promise to pave the way to hope and transformation.

I love that I get to share it all here with each of you! :)
      Renee

2. Daily Struggler says:

I believe that if I went through my week fully trusting in God I will have a peace that would come over me like no other. I would remain calm… level headed… happy.. helpful… considerate… empathetic… and apathetic no matter what the situation. When you read how you’ve worded this particular blog today… you realize how much we do go through the motions daily without really trusting in God. A great eye-opener! Will have to apply this to my journey’s this week!!

3. Jessica F says:

I think this and every day would be different if I REALLY believed God’s thoughts for me and not let the enemy poison or cloud my thoughts. I think your format of replacing our thoughts with God’s thoughts would really help me in my marriage and with my insecurities. Thank you for continuing to write book so we can believe in ourselves and not the lies we have been told. God bless you!

4. I think my day and week would give me hope. I get frustrated with myself because my head doesn’t match my heart. Believing the lies of Satan over the Truth of God is a constant battle. Thank you for this post. My focus this week will be on His truth over my feelings!

• It is a constant battle isn’t it? In Eph 2:2, the Bible refers to Satan as the “Prince of the unseen” which means this battle is invisible which makes it hard for us to recognize. That’s why writing down my thoughts and really thinking about what Im thinking helps me to see where Im being attacked, believing lies and take up my sword to fight this battle with truth. There is so much power in His word!!

Praying for you to have victory over at least one thought pattern today! Even if it’s just for 15 minutes – that is progress! :)

5. My days would be calmer and I would be able to think clearer if I “believed God” more. I find when I step back and relax knowing that stressing about an issue won’t help me, but praying for guidance will, my day runs much smoother. I have been really working on this concept and your emails and posts have been very helpful. Thanks!

• Im so with you Maryann. I need to keep working on balancing what I do and what I need to trust God to do because when I don’t, the stress levels are so outside of what He wants for me and my family. Praying for you as I pray for me!

6. I am reading this as I sit in the doctor’s office waiting for my 87 year old mother have some medical tests. What we thought were going to be simple x-rays has turned into 4 hours worth of tests. Not what we prepared for today. Your post is the Lord’s perfect timing in my life.

7. If I believed God more then I would use HIS word to over come the negative thoughts that I have on a regular basis and to break down the walls around my heart that I seem to keep rebuilding and not letting HIS love shine through completely. Thank you for this devotional I think it will be great just like your book. Thanks for sharing. God Bless

• Praying today’s post and the devotional will really help you Bonnie! Im so very excited by what God gave me to put in it :) Praying for you to have overcoming power today as you replace your thoughts with HIS!!

8. If I did that, then I would probably feel more confident at the end of the day. Things in our human nature overtake what God intends sadly. Need to remember to keep eyes locked and focused on Him!! Thanks for your post!

9. If I am really believing God then I would not spend time worried or stress over my health, am I going to continue to be able to work or situations out of my control. I would just go to God’s promises and stand on them since they are the TRUTH and know Christ is in control which keeps me in peace and quote his word when a negative thought comes into my mind. God bless you Renee. I hope to win this book!

10. Amen!!! I loved this post. Why? Because it’s so true! For me, I have to make a conscious decision to choose to trust. My feelings immediately sway toward worry and unbelief. Having experienced how God works when I choose faith has been one of the reasons why I MUST share this with other women. Thanks for being transparent.
    I am choosing to believe God for physical pain that doctors can explain, financial stresses, family challenges and wisdom in ministry decisions. He is Sovereign!!

11. If I really believed God this day or this week, I would stay in perfect peace and allow life to unfold it’s answers in God’s time and in God’s way. I wouldn’t try to make things happen by manipulating or maneuvering outcomes. I would wait on God and trust His heart for me. ” My soul wait thou only upon God, for my expectation is from Him.” Psalm 62:5 By God’s grace, I will believe! Thank you Renee for writing such an inspiring book.

• What a great scripture to declare over you!
      Praying for your mind & heart to be at peace through the knowledge of Him.

The person who wins out over the worlds ways is simply the one who believes Jesus is the Son of God.
      1 John 5:5

Be Inspired,
      Veronica
      Renee Swope’s Ministry Team

12. If I really believe God this week I’ll trust that He has a plan for our lives even though things aren’t going according to our plans. I’ll believe wholeheartedly that He works all things for our good even though I’m struggling with health issues and my husband’s career is in jeopardy. When I really believe Him I will have peace and joy no matter what our circumstances may be.

13. Thank you so much! I needed this today! :)

14. Debbie Herbst says:

Thank you for this perspective. It helps me remember and invite God into my thoughts, to remember that He is working out healing for our daughter, that He is working on the heart of our son, that He loves me and His Presence is with me always. Thank you for your depth and transparency that is helping us to pres into God and apply His Word.
    Okay, I already feel better!!

15. If I really Believe God, I would experience happiness, peace and calm week, no anxiety or depression. I can overcome negative thoughts when they attack my mind. I can strenghten my family and be the helper to my husband, as God wanted me to be. I can encourage others without being accused of being a hypocrite. I can combat all doubts and gain strength. I can show more grace than judging in facing my or others’ shortcomings.

16. If I really believed God, then I would believe that:

1. The way those of this world view me is not how God views me.
    2. I was not created to please people but to worship and glory God through all my words and actions.
    3. That I need not accept the accusations of others, but will focus on the truth of God’s word that I am loved and chosen by Him.

17. Polly Schneider says:

If I truly believed God today I wouldn’t have gotten upset when I woke up this morning and discovered we had no water because of a water main break down the street and now it’s 12:30 and it’s still not fixed. I had plans to do laundry today. But it is a beautiful fall day, so I need to be thankful for all of this anyway. Praise the Lord.

• Praying you got some great time outside enjoying the beautiful fall weather while waiting for the water to be fixed. Our internet went out recently on a day when I had TONS of online work and emails and limited time. Oh my word, it was stressful but like you, I tried hard to find something else to be thankful for. I did so-so that day :)

18. Patti MCCloud says:

If I really believed God this week I wouldn’t be so worried about how I was going to tackle the huge issue of improving the lives of those affected by autism. I would realize that so many people who can help me and guide me have already been placed in my life! And I would remember that I keep meeting and getting re-acquainted with those who can help with this daunting task. I don’t have to have all if the answers now. I just have to keep moving forward trusting and believing!

19. If I REALLY BELIEVE God, then I would be much calmer in the mornings with my kids and more relaxed after work. I would trust that I need to leave the little things to God as he is in control. I would also know what I need to do each day including but not limited to: spending time (EVERY DAY) with our Lord in the morning, let the little things no worry me, not worry about each task and concentrate on what God wants me to do and I would enjoy my kids and the silly little things they do each day instead of the messes they make. If I really believe God, my life and each day would be more peaceful and I would be filled with hope and a desire to live like God wants me to. Thanks for sharing Renee! I had just posted this as a struggle of mine just a few weeks ago on the OBS Blog!!

• Praying for you Crystal as you seek His face and for His peace to fill you to overflowing.

Donna B
      Renee Swope’s Ministry Team

• Thank you for sharing Crystal. I love how you processed your thoughts with God and looked at all aspects of your day. I think we can all relate. It’s so hard to balance what we want to do and what we need to do with what is realistic and what God is actually calling us to do. I have found He’s much more ok with my house being a little messy than I am :)

Enjoy those kiddos. :)

20. Hi Renee: Can’t wait until I get the devotional book as well. I loved what you shared about “God says”
    that is what I am learning even more since I’ve been studying with you. When we really focus on what God has to say about matters it can and does change our outlook.
    God bless!

21. If I actively, intentionally, truly believe God, then I won’t have anxiety over anything!

22. Wow…. If I really believe God, my anxious heart crying how can my 19 year old daughter have a stroke that may keep her from her dream of college? What will her future look like…would be calmed by Gods promise to never leave or forsake us. To use all things for good. Help me believe in my moments of doubt ..

• Oh Tammy, Im so sorry. I can feel the weight of your heart and your concerns for your daughter. You know, it’s natural and normal and expected to be concerned – and when you are Jesus says, “Come to Me” “Cast you cares upon Me, because I care for you.” Just keep bringing her and your worries to Him. Im praying Phil 4:4-7 over you and yours today. <>

23. Elaine Segstro says:

I work feverously during the day to finish tasks and I often lie awake in bed at night. Oh, to BELIEVE and “rest” in God’s promises! Thank you for the reminder and beautiful words of His promises.

• Check out Chapter 12 of Renee’s A Confident Heart! Love how Renee has listed out just some of God’s promises to us.

Blessings,
      Donna B
      Renee Swope’s Ministry Team

24. If I truly believed God can heal and perform miracles, I would not stay awake worrying that my grandson will be healed. I would rest in God’s many promises in the Bible and KNOW He is going to perform a miracle for the world to see. If I truly believed when those thoughts come to my head, then I would quote scripture. I’m trying to believe, I am going to believe and I am going to quote and insert his name where it says me “Heal me, LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.” Jeremiah 17 : 14.

• Debbie,

Progress – not perfection. I’ve seen you grow and grow as you come alongside your grandson and his Mom and Dad on this journey. Praising God for how He is working in your life, in Colt’s life and in your family’s life. Colt is going to have some kind of testimony and you, my friend are part of that testimony as you gathering praying faithful friends on his behalf.

Continuing to lift you, Colt and his Mom and Dad up in prayer.

Love ya & praying,

Donna B
      Renee Swope’s Ministry Team

25. If I really believed God, I would let God’s word and His promises be my comfort instead of the anxiety threatening to take over my heart and mind. Thank you Renee for posting this. I really needed to be reminded of God’s truth and my part to believe him more than the thoughts in my head. But you also remind us to turn to God each time we fail or need him.

Thank you.

• Evette,

Don’t you just love how God works. He does require action on our part …. and our part is to believe that He loves us like no other and that His love is unconditional. Thanking God for this reminder for all of us.

Blessings,
      Donna B
      Renee Swope’s Ministry Team

26. Last month our daugther was diagnosed with Systemic Juvenile Idiopathic Arthristis (still learning to spell everything), today we started receiving the bills for lab work, and doctor visits. Haven’t received the hospital stay bill yet and tomorrow we return for her 2nd treatment of who knows how many. We are self employed and have no insurance, did get our girls signed up for our states medicaid plan. Don’t qualify for medicaid because we make to much but do qualfy for this other program which requires a spend down before they will cover anything. I know there is a God, I believe God is there for me and us. I just wish it wasn’t so hard and that money wasn’t such a pain. My husband works so hard to provide for our family and still it isn’t enough. I know God has it undercontrol I just wish it wasn’t so draining and I wouldn’t keep taking my trust in God back.

• Praying for your daughter and your family as you come alongside and encourage and minister to her. Praying that God will reveal Himself in new and exciting ways to you as He walks alongside you in this journey. May He fill you and your husband with His peace.

Blessings,
      Donna B
      Renee Swope’s Ministry Team

27. Jennifer Chambers says:

Too many times we don’t truly believe. Our perspective would be so much different if were to do just that. I know I would have a whole other lookout on my life as a whole if I were to believe more often. I absolutely am loving the bible study right now with A Confident Heart and I am looking forward to this devotional. My heart has been spoken to so much throughout this study.

• Jennifer,

Praising Him for how He is working in your heart through A Confident Heart. Praying for you as you continue to turn those pages.

Blessings,
      Donna B
      Renee Swope’s Ministry Team

28. Diana Muckelrath says:

IF I truly believe God’s Word is alive & active in my life, I would stop doubting His promises & word & let go & trust him in all areas, ESP the areas that I feel so defeated to overcome. I would allow Him to serve me & stop fighting & being stubborn. Oh how I need Him to cover me, give me His eyes of Faith. I love knowing He is Faithful always.

29. If I can let God first in everything and ask Him to Direction ways and thought

30. Sue Pauler says:

If I BELIEVE God today and everyday, I have no worries. I am free to enjoy my husband and children. The little worries that occupy my mind all hours of the day will not consume me. I will be free from anxiety. I will understand, and live that God is in control of all things, and there is no need for me to worry or try to control it. I’m so thankful for reading this today. It’s something I need to remember daily. I find myself going through far too much of my day on my own. God is always with me, and I need to let him be, and I want Him to be. He is so good, and life is full of His blessings!

31. I think this devotional will be great! Such a blessing!

32. If I truly believed, I would not be fearful my cancer will return.

• Praying for you sweet Alice.

“Don’t be afraid, Alice, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you, Alice, up with my victorious right hand.”
      ~ Love, Jesus
      Is 41:10

33. One word….Peace!

34. christine sutton says:

Just the past few days my thoughts have been exactly what you have just written about. I am almost 48 with 5 children, the youngest are 10 and 12. I am also entering menopause- I’ve realized that I’m more tired than I was with the first 3 older children who are 31,26 and 22. The world is so much worse and there are so many more worries raising this generation of children. I feel all I do is worry or complain about how hard it is – I have learned no matter how hard things get complaining, venting and talking about it only glorifies Satan and lets him know he is winning. It is all negative and accomplishes absolutely nothing to change my life on a daily bases. It actually makes it worse, makes me feel I have no control and this is just what my life is going to be. I know if I pray over my children, pray constantly for Gods strength and intervention – good Always comes around. where if I complain and talk about it- all I’m doing is perpetuating and again glorifying exactly what the enemy wants to know he has accomplished sadness and pain. Trust in God- I mean truly trusting that he loves us and wants the best for us and praying constantly is so , so beneficial and wonderful changes always come around. !!!!!!

35. If I truly Believed & Trusted God, I could rest that he is Working All things out on my behalf – even through all my many struggles!! The encouragement from this bible study is just what I need. I’m Loving every part of this Wonderful bible study!!! Thank you so Much!

36. So glad you’re part of the P31 Online Study Barbara – and so blessed to know it’s encouraging you and equipping you to experience JESUS and all He has for you more and more each day!

37. I’m currently doing the online Bible study for A Confident Heart and suddenly the twenty years of self-doubt, worry and anxieties are making sense and I’m finally finding a way to control them, that doesn’t require medications or therapy. So many of the stories you’ve shared, I could have written myself. I have learned so much and would love to continue on this path towards a more confident form of myself through a daily devotional. This is without a doubt going on my Christmas wishlist!!

38. Mary Jo Cyr says:

Being a part of the OBS #AConfidentHeart I am learning that speaking God’s word…..reading His word….trusting and believing that He is my God and He is working for me…all things for my good is giving me more peace and joy. The tough part for me is how to truly “leave it at His feet” and not take it back. How do you not let it permeate your mind and heart.

39. I really really want to win the book!

40. If I believed God, my day would be more peaceful. My family would see my faith and not my doubt. My daughters would see my faith and confidence and not my doubt. If I believed God as I did many years ago, not only would my day be more peaceful, but the lives of our 4 girls would be positively impacted for their future. If I believed God, I would realize that the same God that delivered me from an abusive relationship in one state to a healthy, loving, 18+ yr marriage in another state STILL loves me and has plans for me. If I believed God, I would realize that the same God that blessed me with 2 biological daughters when the doctors said, “No,” STILL loves me and has plans for me. If I believed God, I would realize that the same God that blessed us financially for years STILL loves us and has plans for us. If I believed God, I would realize that the changes in our financial situation are not a punishment or because we are loved any less. Blessed is the woman who trusts in the LORD and whose hope is the LORD – Jeremiah 17:7

41. Kelly Kendall says:

Reading God’s word & using it In my daily life isn’t something I have been very good at. Reading A Confident Heart has really pushed me to make a greater effort to do this. Being part of the OBS has helped me to learn I do have doubt in my life and I need the power of the Holy Spirit and God’s word to allow me to overcome it.

42. I struggle with believing God. I always feel as if I am not good enough for what he says to be true. If I believed what God says, maybe life would be more peaceful and less painful.

43. Miss Mary T says:

Renee, I loved this post today! Recently I have been sharing that exact thought with others by telling of my personal experience of this transformation from believing in God to also believing God! My very first OBS was your “A Confident Heart” study last spring and although I had been growing in my faith and developing a deeper, more intimate relationship with Jesus, this study opened my heart and soul to the promises in His Word and was an important step in my journey! I will remember your book and study forever! Hoping to read the devotional! God bless!

44. This is SO practical! FINALLY…someone that addresses rest! THANK YOU!!! Shew…after years of stressing myself out, working hard trying to earn His love because of my hurt and pain…I now get what it really means to rest in Him! That is REALLY trusting Him! I can’t tell you how deeply that echoes in me! I have never made it through the night…period. When you meet the Abba for Who He really is (not blinded by our hurts and failures) it allows you to truly find rest for your soul (I heard that before, but SO get it now!). THANK YOU!!!!

I am really thinking about (ok…saving up) for the devotional! Thank you for sharing SO much in your book and through this study! You have given me courage to simply start sharing my story through writing…you just never know who is reading on the other end.

• Wish I could give you a hug Bethany. I recognize and resonate with the passion in your words. Praying these truths sink deep into our souls and into our thoughts so we can really believe and rest in HIM!!

45. After a 2 year battle with cancer we were told that mom is now at the 6 month or less point. In my immediate birth family I am the only one who has an active relationship with God and most do not believe at all, so you can imagine it is hard to offer encouragement. In my prayer time God has told me that not only walking my mother home is a gift but all the other family dynamics are as well. So If I really believed God then I would have to admit that he is at work even in the chaos, and that when I feel like nothing is getting done…..maybe he is doing everything,

• Im so sorry Christine. My heart aches for you and your family. Praying you will know and experience in a very real way the promise and power of His presence King David describes in Psalm 23. {{{hugs and prayers}}}

46. Melissa Sorenson says:

I have been realizing the need to replace my thoughts with God’s thoughts. I can say I trust God and believe God, BUT I have realized that my initial reaction when something negative comes up is to panic, and I have thought ‘Am I really believing God?’ That’s why we need to be in the word always, filling ourselves up with His promises and His assurances, until they take the place of our own negative, fearful thoughts and worries. So this is actually what I’ve been working on right at this point in my life! Glad to find some reassurance that I’m on the right path….

47. Theresa LeBlanc says:

Have been blessed by your writing, and by the writing of the entire Proverbs 31 team. I did the Confident Heart study last Spring, and would dearly love to have the devotional.

48. If I really BELIEVED God’s Word, I hope that I might have more patience with my hubby and son. Why is it so difficult to get everyone out the door in the morning on time and with everything that everyone needs???

49. Sandra Hingst says:

If I believed God….I would have more peace about the trials and troubles that my family is going through.

50. It’s been a particularly trying week and I’m afraid I didn’t handle things as gracefully as I could have. It’s left me engulfed in doubt and feeling very depressed. Thinking about believing God puts things so much into perspective for me. I really needed this reminder. If I actively had believed God this week, I would have felt peace amidst the chaos and would have been confident that I do have a special place and purpose in his kingdom. Wow…amazing how much more freedom I feel now from those negative thoughts. Thank you! Your timing was impeccable

51. Thank you for this bible study! I am a single mom and I struggle with so many things … especially trust and confidence. The way you have been sharing the Word has been such a help to me to get my life back to where it should be … trusting and listening to God and His plan for my life.

52. Cathy von Hassel-Davies says:

This is something I need right now in my life. I also need to get your book that goes along with the devotionals. I am going through a crisis in my life right now and I tend to forget that God is with my and I can turn to him.

53. I find myself doubting a lot lately. I believe in God, yes, but I am having a hard time believing that “everything works for good to those who love Him”. My husband lost his job in very difficult circumstances that we don’t understand and wonder how this injustice could happen. People tell me to trust God and that He has better plans for us… In the meantime, I am asking, where is the money to pay bills (Mortgage, utilities, food!) will come from.

54. His book looks like a dream come true. It is so hard to fight the doubts. Live with god thoughts not our own selfish flesh thoughts

55. Wow, it’s very difficult to move past my frustrations sometimes. I’m raising 2 foster children & have them for a year. A 14 year old girl & 10 year old boy, siblings. So many upsets & so difficult to provide and continue with little respect if any at all. However, I need to look past those frustrations & have faith that God has placed these kids with my family for His reason. And God has a plan! I have to trust in Him & Him alone!

56. I feel like this everyday. If I coukd just really let of and truly believe God things would be much better. My husband and I are divorced but trying to work things out and I know I need to believe gang no matter what happens God knows what’s next.

57. I believe that if I really believed God that I wouldn’t continue to be so hard on myself, punishing myself for mistakes from my past and allowing myself to be gripped by fear, not allowing anyone even God to get close to me. Instead of carrying pain and bitterness, not forgiving myself in my heart there would be Joy, peace, love, compassion, kindness, tenderness and gentleness that only God provides. My life would be totally different and whatever problems I faced even for a week, I would be able to say God, let’s do it together because I can’t do it alone.

Thank you Renee, for sharing from your heart and letting God lead you to empower and help other women and girls.

58. I so needed to read this today. If only I remembered to turn to God instead of trying to rely on myself. I am reading your book A Confident Heart and am struggling with letting go of the past and moving forward. I feel like I could have written a lot of your story. It’s a wonderful book!

59. If I truly believed in God I would be anxious for nothing but in every situation by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving present my requests to God. I would lean not to my own understanding but in all my ways acknowledge him and let him direct my path..
    I wrote a poem that said: How did I get here, how could this be, what happened to the woman God purposed me to be, I feel weary, broken hearted, rejected and hurt, I’ve lost my joy misplaced my faith and in my life I can find no worth. I struggle and struggle day after day and with every trial it gets harder to pray.
    I ask my self what happened to you and my answer is where do I start, one family crisis after the other, serious health issues have consumed my mind ad invaded my heart.
    My laughter is misplaced by tears, my smile is now a frown, when I reach out for help, there is no one around, yet I give and I give unselfishly yet when I’m in need no one gives to me,
    Then one day when I was at the lowest of the low, I asked myself where did your faith go?
    God didn’t give me the spirit of fear so why am I afraid, God didn’t create a failure , in him I’m wonderfully made.. God said he would never leave nor forsake me so why have I turned away from him, God said look to the hills from whence comes your help comes from the Lord. So if I now all this why am I am I making it do hard. so I decided If I truly believe in God,I would let him lead the way because he is the Only one that has been there each and every day. If I truly believe in God I will relax, relate and release and LET HIM RESTORE MY JOY AND GIVE ME PERFECT PEACE.

60. LeAnne Vincent says:

I really have to rely on Him this week as hubby is on a missions trip. I have to put it all on Him and do my best to remember to give it to Him. If I don’t I know the week will go a very different way.

61. I REALLY needed to hear your message today. My husband and I have been planning several projects that must occur before I can retire. It doesn’t seem to be as important to him as it is to me (he is already retired). I see the date we set rapidly approaching and so much remains undone! I was very discouraged this morning and your message to BELIEVE God was just what I needed. Thank you!

62. Bobbie Warren says:

Thank you for sharing your story with us. It is so comforting to know that we all struggle with really believing how big is our God. And I love what you said about His gift of rest. Oh, how I needed to hear that! I need to learn to let things go and accept his gift of rest joyfully and not worry about all that I think I need to do right this minute: the laundry, the clutter, the lesson plans, the projects, and on and on.

Again thanks and hope you feel better soon.

63. Lisa Marie says:

I so needed to read this today. I just need to trust God instead of trying to rely on myself. I am reading your book A Confident Heart and am struggling with being single. This study has helped me in so many ways, but I know that I am still work in progress and it doesn’t happen over night. I am trying to being patient and God knows I am no good at that…lol. His grace covers me and allows peace with in me just knowing that I am changing. Thank you Renee for all you do in sharing your heart with us gals of the world. You have made me understand and know that I am truly a child of God. Much Love & Blessings, Lisa Marie

64. I am learning that I have to believe God minute by minute sometimes. I am currently doing the bible study Confident Heart online and this past week I had to believe God would get me through a very hard time. I was very fearful in a situation and I found myself praying to Him more than ever and actually feeling His peace. I am a long way from where I need to be, but I am getting there one step at a time. I am the one who doubts herself and basically feels worthless and useless around others. I find that when I start believing God for who He is and what He says, then I can start little by little, moment by moment breaking free from lies. I am in ministry and it is so hard sometimes because no one knows the thoughts or feelings i deal with. I feel so alone sometimes, but believing God is the only way I can get through. He has to be my rock and my truth.

65. If I really believed God today I would remember that He is writing my life story, not I. Rather than get upset at the unexpected, I can have hope that what I’m going through doesn’t take Him by surprise. He has promised that what I’m facing is nothing compared to the glory that will be revealed in me. The Holy Spirit helps me in my weakness and intercedes for me. God works for my good in all things. If God is for me, who can be against me? Nothing can separate me from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus my Lord. Jesus carries out and fulfills all of God’s promises, no matter how many of them there are; and I have told everyone how faithful he is, giving glory to his name! (Romans 8:18, 26, 28, 31, 39 (NIV) & 2 Cor. 1:20 (TLB)

66. If I really believed God, then I wouldn’t be afraid. I would be free to love others and myself. With fear is torment, but perfect love casts out fear. Jesus is that perfect love. Because the Bible says, true love is this, that one lay down his life for his friends. I really want to “overcome” and I know that going to God and believing Him is what will help and heal me. Still, I say, “Lord, help my unbelief”!

67. mary lisse says:

It’s no coincidence that I’ve been spending time in Psalm 91 and you happened to mention it in the post…I sure could use some encouragement in trusting The Lord.

68. I think if I truly believed God my outlook and relationships would improve so much and to the extent God intended them to be. I have fears/phobias that prevent me from truly being the person I should be and doing what I need to. Although I believe, if I truly believed God, He knows what I fear and I can’t change what will happen I can only change my response. I feel like my daily life revolves around avoiding things to lessen my fears. I don’t truly live freely in Him. My relationships would improve so much because I would not have the fears laying in the back of my mind all the time and could be free to truly enjoy the relationships as God planned for me to enjoy and be more involved and closer to people and especially those that I love and my family.

69. So much of this topic has been weighing heavily on my heart for the past week. Amazing how God works in these same ideas everywhere I look. Been challenged to not just believe, but to look to him to live out those beliefs. Can’t wait to use this devotional!

70. Like you, I know I *believe IN* God, but I do have a hard time simply believing him, especially when I feel like I have been doing “all the right things” and yet it feels like things aren’t going in my favor – or the way I think they should go. Unexpected bills (husband needed oral surgery) kid issues (My son’s PICA is flaring up, which means he’s stressed!) health issues (3rd kidney infection in 2 months!) , school issues (mine and my husbands) homeschool issues (why did I agree to this again?!) car issues (need parts they can’t find UGH!!!) … It all adds up.

I know that if I really believed him I would not worry so much. Worry is doubt, a lack of faith. I would sleep better and have less stomach aches, I wouldn’t argue with my husband so much, when I stress I tend to nit pick (you mean you couldn’t switch that empty TP roll?! Don’t I have enough on my plate!!!!) I know this is a ME issue, it’s a FAITH issue and it needs to change, but it is like I am addicted to worry. I *WANT* to have that kind of faith.

That kind of faith, how insane is it that I need MORE faith to believe that God is in complete control and I don’t need to worry than I need to believe in the virgin birth, or Jonah being swallowed by a giant fish or the entire world being flooded or Jesus rising from the dead! THAT I believe with absolute faith, but God will take care of me?!?! I worry.

71. This sounds like a book I would love to read. I know sometimes I get caught up in my own thoughts that I don’t stop to listen and actually hear God.

72. Hi Renee!
    I love all you have written and I love to watch yr video messages. I especially live when I can join in on yr live chats! All of the above have helped me tremendously. Thank u so much. U see , every time I achieve peace in my heart, a tragic event happens and I become so deflated. I believe in God’s promises. I just wish they would happen faster than they do. I am climbing an uphill road that is discouraging at times. I hope My LORD AND SAVIOR UNDERSTANDS THESE FEELINGS. I do love HIM So

73. I would love to be able to be able to daily actively, intentionally, truly believe God. My head, heart & emotions are all tripping over each other. My daughter, son-in-law & 7 month old grandson are leaving next month for long term missions in a somewhat closed country. I know that’s what God has called them to do, but it’s going to be so hard to send them off not knowing when I’ll see them again. I’ve got to be able to go on faith not on feelings.

74. So many times I think that God doesn’t understand all the pieces of my life that cause stress and worry. He always provides though. I need to make my faith and belief in Him stronger.

75. Since I’m such a feeling person, I really have to boss my emotions around. And right now I find myself Ina season of grief and aloneness as I navigate deep waters of a painful divorce. I really needed this post today! I have become lukewarm in my dependence of scripture – and I’m usually the one encouraging others to memorize His words! When I think too much and dwell on thoughts, that’s when I need His Word the quickest. It’s His voice I need to hear, and I’m desperate for it!!!
    Thank you for your gentle reminders, and praying you feel His healing touch tonight.

76. When I become anxious and feel overwhelmed I used to except thous doubting messages and let them stand for who I am.

I feel the three key points are very important
    If I actively Believe god, Intentionally believe God, and, if I truly believe God. I will use these daily to help me get closer to God. This will help me focus myself on how the Lord sees me and not feel that I have to feel excepted by the fallen world. I would start to begin to love and except myself the way God does. For everything is created perfectly by God nothing is broken. Just like the trees, clouds, and sun reflecting off the water back to are loving father Jesus Christ. Perfectly made by Jesus. God has spoke to me and told me I am as beautify made.

My relationship would be impacted by God’s love, God’s world, God’s promises. I would feel free from all the hurt of the world, and would be refilled with God’s unfailing love,Joy, peace, love, compassion, kindness, tenderness and gentleness that only God provides. All the scares of the world would be washed away and I would be new. All the negative imprinted messages will be washed away. You will begin to see how I see you. A buitiful child perfectly made in me Jesus Christ. Corinthians 5:17

New International Version (NIV)

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:[a] The old has gone, the new is here!

God spoke to me and said in every situation find a bible verse that fits your situation. Then you will be able to receive my word and refocus the pain of your situation back to me. This will give your great hope and you will know I your father love you, will take care of you and will get you through this. Don’t let the situations of the world distract you from me. Come back to my word, pray and share your heart and I will transform you to my victory I have waiting for you.

77. Barbara Renshaw says:

If I chose to really believe God with all my mind, and with all my heart and with all my soul, I would see His activity throughout my day, and throughout my week. If I focus only on myself and my strength I rob myself of believing in Him and experiencing His strength…I need less of me and more of Him!

78. I so badly need this devotional. I need to read it over and over and over again. I can read the Bible and get lost in the bigger parts – the stories of someone’s life or trials or ministry, how they needed God and how He provided or they felt without Him for a time. But I have such a hard time *personalizing* it FOR ME. Add that to the difficulty I have in recalling verses when I’m in a pit. I went through the worst depression of my life last winter and felt so alone from God. I was so lost. I bought your book and encouraged a couple friends to read it, too. But this devotional, to just keep reading over and over again… the way you break it down above: “When I say… God says…” Now *that’s personalizing it. That’s how I need to read His word.

I’m headed into middle-age and discovered a few weeks ago that I’m expecting our 4th baby. While we weren’t trying, we also weren’t *not* trying. Somehow, though, it still caught me by such surprise that I’m having a hard time being excited about it. I’m overwhelmed at how our lives will change, how we need to adjust our house to make room, how to keep up with 4 when I have a hard time with 3 (2 of them have sensory issues that can be quite overwhelming.) Pray for me, please. I fear the same post-partum depression I had previously and I fear a recurrence of the depression I had last winter.

79. I think if I really believed God, I would see the little and the big challenges as His will and trust that it’s ok if life appears messy! He is working it out even when I can’t see it or feel it!!!

80. Tabitha Kirby says:

I Love The Thought Cards Idea! Can’t Wait To Get The Devotional!

81. If I truly believed in God, I would not have spent 2/3 of the day today crying! I have been telling God the same thing lately; life is just too hard. I think even the sweet cashier and bag boy at the grocery store today could tell something was wrong. They both, in a more sympathetic tone, told me to have a good day. With life’s struggles, the demands of work, the feelings of inadequacy as a working mother and the overall question of is any of this going to get better, I have to admit that I do struggle with truly believing God in these circumstances. I question Him as to why I do not see Him in that very moment of feeling the most at need. Your blog was one I had to reread to soak in the truth in how I should combat those times of true depression over the state of my life at the moment it all comes crashing in. It usually happens when I’m utterly exhausted (like today). What I have learned over the years is how faithful He is to show his presence in my life, especially when I call out to Him. He is such a loving Father! Tonight I had a wonderful time of fellowship with my family and small group (Women’s Bible Study) around a bonfire listening to praise music. We were also packing shoe boxes for Project Merry Christmas. Being at peace in His creation, and watching the children pack those shoe boxes brought the peace and rest that I so desperately needed. Thank you, Renee, for being open and sharing your struggles. Thank you for comforting with the same comfort in which you have been comforted. Praying for you and your sweet family.

82. Praying for your recovery from this current illness! So blessed by your writing and your posts. I struggle with self doubt way too frequently. I believe God is trying to refocus my energy on Him instead of my worries. :) Thank you for your honesty and for believing!

83. Allison Perez says:

If I really believed God, I would believe He will take care of those I love when I am not there. I will believe that He has plans for them plans to prosper them and not to harm them. Plans to give them hope and a future. And I will be peaceful and rest in believing that.

84. One thing that I have been struggling with lately is the idea that God wants the best for us. I don’t remember the verse, but there is a verse about how we shouldn’t worry because God even cares for the birds, making sure they have enough to eat, so of course we will care for us. Another verse talks about how he has good plans for us, plans not to harm us. How do I explain that to my kids when they ask me about starving children in third world countries? Even here in the U.S. there are hungry people, people who are loosing their homes, schools being shot up. I tell my girls “God has a plan” and “His ways are not our ways”, but my faith is weak in this area. How can we trust is word when we see what is going on this world? I’m trying to believe in His promises, but it can be difficult.

85. Michelle Kellam says:

Whenever I feel overwhelmed or stressed, I know I’m not believing God in my circumstances. When I am truly trusting that He “knows what He’s doing”, I get this inner peace, even in the midst of some very trying times. Those are the times I’ve looked back on and thought, “there is no way I could have ever made it through that on my own; God HAD to have been carrying me”. It’s not easy to trust. Sometimes I’m not so sure whether I really start out believing at first or whether I’ve just gotten so tired of trying to hold on myself that I just surrender and say “God I can’t do this anymore” and then He shows me, He can. This, in turn, causes my heart to believe, “of course You can”. “Sorry, God!” :)

86. Yvette Henebury says:

I read a different devotional that did this and I hadn’t seen one like it until I just read your excerpt. As women I think we get caught up in trying to be everything to everyone and forget that God has it all under control! God’s word provides strength and gives us that BELIEF in Him! Thank you!

87. This was such a timely post for me. I know but often find myself not believing because I see things positively happening in others lives and I feel I have been praying over and over for the same things without change. Daily I seek to let my concerns go but much like Paul I do the very thing I don’t want to do knowing full well what I should! Oh, the road of good intentions….

88. I imagine my life would FEEL very different for me if I really believed. When the fear comes (and it always does) about the small things…how will I get it all done today? to the big things…..am I making parenting mistakes that will have lifetime consequences for my children? I imagine that I would be stronger inside and be able to push the fear away. If I really believed that God is my advocate, I imagine I might be able to shut my mouth in a disagreement instead of needing to “defend” myself and pushing an argument one step further. If I really believed, I imagine the nagging voice in the back of my mind that reminds me of my mistakes and failures would finally be silent. I would hope that in this place of belief, one day grace would overflow from me to my husband, children, friends, and others, that would bring joy and peace to the chaos of life. That’s how I imagine life would be different. I wonder if I am not there because I don’t do the work of praying and believing enough, or if this is just a journey towards that place and no one ever really gets there all the time. I do know I would like to really believe God all the time.

89. Brenda Bradshaw says:

When in the mist of a trial, I remember something I read in Charles Stanley’s devotional a couple of years ago…”when you are in the fiery furnace, remember…God’s hand is on the thermostat and His eye is on the clock”.

If I really believed God in my circumstances, I would trust His word that says I am made FREE in Christ Jesus and I would walk in obedience to His will…and be healed. I am overweight, have diabetes, Meniere’s with profound hearing loss, vision decreasing as I age (I’m 60)…I may currently “have” these issues, but they don’t have to “have” me! I know God is bigger than ALL these things and I need to pray and obey! He says “if you love me, you will obey me” and I am lax in the obedience department. I want o change that and am willing to surrender…now!

90. Jill Garner says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This has really spoken to me ~ I feel like God is reminding me that He is near. I need to focus more on Him then my troubles. Life has been so turned upside these past 3 years & there are days that I feel so lost. I need to find something to get me back on track & focusing on Jesus. Thank you.

91. This book has challenged me, ripped me open, comforted me, and has given me hope.
    It is giving me the courage to take the next steps towards understanding God’s unconditional
    love and delight in me, Thank you also, for also making this available on the on-line book study.
    Sincerely, Yo

92. If I really believed God…. Wow, that says a lot. For me if I really believed God I would have thanksgiving on my lips and rest in His continual beauty and since I am made in His image I would rest in my continual beauty that comes from knowing the Lord, spending time with Him and embracing the fact that I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
    If I really believed God, I would rest in the fact that what I make happen for others, God will make happen for me-He will put me on others hearts the same way He puts others on my heart. I would trust Him as my way maker and get out of my own way. I would stand in awe that the King of the Universe wants me, and I want Him. :)

93. If I really believed God, then I truly could do all things through Christ who gives me strength. If I truly believed God, I could be content, no matter what. If I truly believed God, then I would know that ALL things really will work together for good. Thank you for this thought provoking question. God bless you for being so real.

94. Robbyn R. French says:

Allot of times I say I can’t do this …I am not strong enough…then God says but those who hpe in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint. Isaiah 40: 31

95. Thank you Renee for helping me recognize gods promises by changing my negative thoughts with God’s word.
    1Peter5:9
    Remind me to stand firm and alert.
    41:10 do not be afraid I’m with you.
    Isaiah 43:19
    Behold I’m doing a new thing.
    Thank you Jesus because you are with me. I’m not afraid. I will stand firm and alert waiting for what you will do in my life.

96. Praying for continued healing & strength. Would love to win the drawing! :)

97. I LOVE this!! I find that even though I am in pain and fatigued every day(from chronic illnesses) and even though my husband lost his job and even though we lost our home, that it is those times that I sing worship music to God, or those times I watch a church service online, or those times I do a Bible study or just read the Bible, God comes so close to me that all those things instead of not mattering, they matter more, but in the sense that God comforts me and shows me how He can now use that to bring others(including myself) to Him!!! But even with this there are still times that in the middle of the day or night that all the stresses and worries and pains get to me, and I am always looking for something just lke that card you wrote!

If I really believed God: then anything that came my way I would kow that God was stronger and that in God I can then overcome it too! I would know that even if I never was cured thi side of Heaven, that God promises me a future with no more pain or tears!

Thank you for sharing this!!! I can only imagine the things we could do if we just put God’s Word up against all of life’s problems!

“And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes: and death shall be no more, nor mourning, nor crying, nor sorrow shall be any more, for the former things are passed away.”- Revelation 21:4

98. How timely is God’s plan that I read this post now! Having just been diagnosed with yet another sinus infection, merely 10 months post sinus surgery, I have felt so defeated and incapable of just doing life, one day at a time. However, my God is good, my Healer is mighty, my Rest is in Him. Thank you for the reminder and opportunity for grace and peace!

99. I have been struggling with this for quite a while now. Sadly, it seems that I just believe in God’s existence and in the salvation He offers to mankind.

I am trying to recite daily a pledge I learned from Beth Moore:

God is who He says He is.
    God can do what He says He can do.
    I am who God says I am.
    I can do all things through Christ
    God’s Word is alive and active in me.
    I’m believing God.

• Kara McCullough says:

Merry Christmas Rachel. We don’t know one another but I felt compelled to send a “thank you” for this daily pledge! I’ve written it on my index cards that I carry with me as reminders of God’s love, promises, etc…when I face the world.
      Blessings…

100. Erica Bautista says:

Ive been dealing with clinical depression for the past year and i dont want to medicate it just because i dont like medicine. but with prayer and asking God how can this be different, how can i change my feelings towards you God, lately i have been very needy very ugly and upright mad at God i felt like he left me and no matter how much i cried and asked for help my answers were not yet. i have a lot of unforgiveness in my heart and God was trying to get me to work it out and i was being that rebellious child. and was hold that close to my heart. i Thnak GOd for this trail right now and i have to remember to let him fight for me and not try to take on anything like forgiving into my own hands. God has shown me my faults and im glad he has cuz not only am i hurting myself im dragging my family with me.

101. How could YOUR day or week be different it you really believed God today? Well I would have much more energy for him to use me all the time. I defiantly would also be much more easy going and calm, trusting him that what my head knows is available constantly. But this book study has deepened my trusting him more. Thanks! :0)

102. If I really believed God I would no longer be fearful and anxious. This past year has been very difficult for me. I have been unemployed since January and have lost a lot of confidence in myself. I have asked God to bless me with employment and since doors continue to close, I wonder what plans God has for me.

I use every opportunity to serve God through various programs at my local church. This brings me much joy. Sadly there is much sadness in my life because I have a hard time trusting Him. I have tried to deepen my relationship with God through prayer and reading scripture but unfortunately I still feel very much alone.

I just started reading “A Confident Heart” and would love a copy of the devotional.

103. Kara McCullough says:

As it seems I’m finding lately, I’m a day “late” and a “dollar” short. This awesome devotional was posted November 4th and today is, well almost a month past. On Thanksgiving evening praying to find a book to follow up the one I just finished by Lysa Terkeurst, “What Happens When Women Say Yes to God”, I discovered my next steps in my journey with God. Her book CHANGED my life and I have set my heart and mind in “radical obedience” (since Nov 16th), spending hours a day with God. I found your book, “A Confident Heart” and felt that God was leading me to your words (from Him). I’ve read a chapter a day since it came in the mail, re-reading each one twice and even taking notes and highlighting the important points that God lies on my heart that day. I wanted to share what an impact, so far, that your book has had on my walk with God and journey to have an intimate relationship with Him. I was (past tense) the almighty “self-doubter” spending years seeking approval from others, through my education, career, and other worldly “things”l of course, NEVER finding that unconditional love. Moreso, I AM “Sam” that you write about in Chapter 2. Because of all the poor choices, sin, rejection, etc…I’ve received for SO long; I felt unworthy of the love of Christ. Through your book and the Bible, I am finding an inner peace and confidence I didn’t know was even possible! Renee’, thank you! Thank you for allowing God to use the grace he placed IN you for His glory. Your book has inspired me to believe Him, strive to BE more, and KNOW that I CAN fulfill His plan for my life. Blessings to you and your family this Christmas.
    His servant and yours,