Created for Connection {and a Cruise!}

I checked my email as soon as I woke up. Then I made breakfast and checked it again. Had my devotional time and checked it again. Ran some errands and checked it on my phone. When I got home, I checked it once more.

I sensed the Holy Spirit nudging me to pause and ask myself, “Why do you keep checking your email?”

I wasn’t sure if it was God or me answering, but my thoughts intertwined with His Spirit whispered: You keep coming back because your heart longs for connection with a friend.

Yet no matter how many times I checked email, it was never enough to satisfy my craving.

With a busy schedule at work and home,  I’d cut back on my time socializing with neighbors and hanging out with friends. Although I hadn’t completely cut out my friendships, my face-to-face connection time had been reduced to a minimum. I realized I’d let the pendulum swing too far and now I was checking email repeatedly, trying to fill a God-created need for relationships with a white screen and black alphabet keys.

That day as I sat in front of my screen for the fifth time, Jesus revealed the source of my incessant email checking and reminded me I am created for real-life connections.

I need to fill that lonely place in my heart with friends I can share life with — in person.

I know friendships are not easy to build. They take time and most of us don’t have enough of it. But in this age of technology, I think it’s really important to evaluate and balance connections that are screen-to-screen rather than face-to-face.

So, Im getting intentional about pulling away from my computer, phones and television to intentionally carve out time for friends. We all need those times where we can meet in person to share what’s going on in our lives.

Jesus needed face-to-face connections, too. He surrounded Himself with intimate friends — first His Father, then close friends like John, Peter and James, and then the other disciples. Through His example we see how important it is to satisfy our craving for connections by spending face-to-face time with friends.

An Invitation JUST FOR YOU!!
What do you think about taking time to pull away from your computer, and the stress of everyday life, to connect with a friend on a Girls Getaawy with me and Melissa Taylor of Proverbs 31 Ministries? We would LOVE for you to join us on the Girlfriend Getaway Cruise in October! Here’s a few details and a fun video where I get to tell you more…  Hope you’ll watch it ’cause it just might be possible that this little get away is just what your heart needs!

To find out more, visit the Girlfriend Getaway Cruise website!

Also, when you book your cruise you will receive a one night stay at the luxurious Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa for FREE. Each stateroom will receive one hotel room for Wednesday night, October 2nd. You will be good and rested for our fun cruise adventure! Remember, use the code “Proverbs 31″ you will receive $100 off the entire package! Can’t wait to sail the high seas with YOU!

Enter to Win a Girlfriend Gift Pak {which includes 2 copies of my book, a Starbucks gift card and set of pretty note cards}! To enter, let me know your thoughts about the cruise, one money-saving or money-making idea that might be a good way for us to get  the money to go, and who would you go with if you won a trip!?

Comments

1. Sounds amazing! I could not afford a cruise at this time in my life. However, if I were to put back every $5 bill I receive I could probably get close. If I were to win a cruise I would definitely take my sister; she is my go-to person, my lifeline.

2. Would love to go…save money by eating at home and taking the money for the trip!! It will b worth it!!

3. I would take my best friend, Tammy, she is always caring for her kids.

4. Cruise would be so awesome and much needed, but not in budget or do I have some to watch my little one’s no family nearby.

5. Cristy Carnes says:

I would love to go, but we are saving for so many other things right now (going to see family in California, going to Disney for me to run in the Disney Princess Half Marathon, etc.) that I don’t believe it is in the books right now; however, if it were to save I would put back so much a week just like we are doing now for these trips. And if I were to win the cruise I would probably take my grandmother who needs a good get-a-way!

6. My thoughts on the cruise: I would love to go on the cruise meet and make new friends. I need more friends to talk to and connect with. It would give me an opportunity to meet and make new friends and also get away. I sell Mary Kay for personal use and I also have a small clientele. I would push my MK sales and whatever profits I make from it I will put it in a vacation jar and I would save $50 a paycheck (i get paid once a month).
    I would love to take my mother with me because I love her so much and my mother really deserves to go on a trip and be with such an amazing crowd of women and to make new friends as well.

7. Melinda Smith says:

The getaway sounds delightful. I just started a direct sales business and would be so fortunate if my profits reached a level where I could afford to go! I would most certainly take my mom, with whom I’m trying to plant the seeds of Jesus. God bless proverbs 31

8. Alycia Green says:

I would absolutely LOVE to go on this Girlfriend Getaway!! When I first read this artical, the first thing I did was laugh and think to myself, “That is so YOU Alycia!” As a divorced mother of six children, that I adore, I find myself constantly looking for a friend, an adult… SOMEONE to have a face-to-face dialog with! This cruise would be a great opportunity for me to meet new friends, other than those on Facebook, and get a much needed get-away.
    Raising six children, I don’t have extra income, but I was thinking I could possibly use some of my income tax return to pay for this trip.
    If I were Blessed to win this trip, I would definitely take my Mother! She has been a mother, a best friend, a sounding board or therapist AND an emergency baby sitter for me! :)

9. A cruise sounds wonderful and relaxing. I recently saw a tip for saving on pinterest where for each week of the year you put away $1.00. For instance week 1 of January-$1.00, week 2-$2.00 and so on. It adds up quickly and at the end of the year you’ve saved over $1000.00. Also, now is a great time to purge your house of unwanted or unnecessary stuff and have a garage sale. I would want my daughter to go along. She is much more adventurous and a lot of fun.

10. Wow! I would love to go! I have four kids and my own business. . . I see all the comments on why we cannot go but there are so many more reasons why we should! I would take my mom, she doesn’t have a network of Christian friends and currently isn’t attending church. It is also her birthday Oct. 10! I am going to start praying about the possibility! Thanks for offering it!

11. Jill Kuiper says:

Oh to dream!!! I would love to go and take my sister. We both need the break and re-connection time together as she lives in AZ & I in MI. We have a can deposit in MI. $.10. It might not seem like a lot, but it does add up. Save cans & pick them up on the side of the road, or have a can drive. (My kids usually use this money as their fun money on a trip).

12. I would love to go! I would either take my East Coast BFF Lauree, or my West Coast BFF Sara who I no longer see since she moved to Cally. I miss my friend and sister in Christ. ;)

13. My best friend and I have talked about taking a cruise together in celebration of our life long friendship. We’ve been thru so much together; teen years, first boyfriends, single parenting, raising our kids. Now we’re free to do this. What a blessing it would be. My parents used to save every dollar bill with a K on it along with cans they returned for refund. It added up.

14. It sounds like a lot of fun. I’m always thinking about how much fun my best friend and I had when she was alive. Ive been missing her now for almost 5 years. We were best friends since we met in high school, 11 years before she passed away. And even though I miss her I don’t grieve because I know she’s happy and someday I’ll see her again. I often think about how valuable her friendship was to me, this kind of friend the Bible talks about as more precious than gold. I feel that these sorts of friendships don’t come around often in life. I long for quality not quantity more than anything. I pray for a friend, and wait. It takes longer now as a wife and mommy of 4 to build these kind of relationships, but I’m still hopeful. At just the right time God will come through. I feel like he wants me to focus on my friendship with him first. If I could go on the cruise I’d take a fun girl I’ve really clicked with, Angie. I think my husband would help me save in our budget each month. I would try to sell some unused items on Craigslist or something like to earn a little extra.

15. Have never been on a cruise. Surely could use a sunny vacation right now :) Something to think about.
    Will see.

16. would love to go on a cruise and I would either take my friend Debbie, Lin or sister-in-law Alice! would bwe hard to choose!

17. My thoughts are this cruise would be Amazing!!! I wish i could afford to go, i would love to meet other women & just share our Love for God….I love that idea…Girlfriends in God…So beautiful. If i brought someone it would be my closest & dearest spiritual girlfriend nicole. She is Amazing & i know she would love it! Shes my <3 friend.

18. I would so love to go!!! Right now, surrounded by snow, it sounds like paradise!!!
    To save for the trip, i would put an extra 5 dollar bill away after every time out of the house!
    Who would I take??? That is a hard one, my friend Jen or any of the ladies in my Bible study group.

19. I so wish I could go. I went last year and met Melissa and Lysa personally. It was a wonderful cruise and I got to meet a new friend that we continue to communicate even though we live hundreds of miles apart. My heart will be with you on this cruise. I would bring my best friend Lisa with me since my daughter has a new baby and couldn’t make it. Blessings.

20. This cruise sounds so wonderful. I would invite my friend Sheri to go with me if I won. She and I met at Divorece Care this winter. She and I have both been trying to make sense of our lives and our faith as our marriages of more than 30 years (each of us) have ended.

Thanks for your consideration. Have a wonderful time.

God Bless.

21. I am definitely in need of some girl time and meeting new friends. I do crave time with godly women and have been praying for godly friends for some time now. That is why the cruise sounds wonderful to me. Here is what I can do to save money. Bring my lunch to work instead of going out and buying lunch. I would bring my sister, Linda. It would be a blessing for her to see and be with godly women.
    Sweet blessings!

22. I have raised (4) children, helped raise (8) grandchildren, worked (2) jobs for most of my 29 year marriage and never even had a honeymoon; so Yes I need some quality time to myself along with some time to PRAY for myself. Instead of ordering a venti Starbucks coffee everyday I can save that money to go towards my trip. I would like for my sister to go with me because she has always been there for me through thick (breast cancer) and thin!!!

23. Elena Dench says:

Oh my goodness! This really spoke to me. I’m always checking email and Facebook, anticipating a personal message or keeping up with other people. If I’m honest, I would cop to the same as you, Renee. I’m looking for a connection. I don’t easily make friends, connections. I need to pray that I reach out more and nourish the friendships I have. I need to pray that the past deceptions and heartbreaks from former friends don’t continue to interfere with my current relationships. Thanks for this devotional today; I really need to heed it.
    As for the cruise, I would LOVE to go on a cruise. I would either take my oldest best friend from childhood and one of my mentors, Kandi, or one of my newest best friends and another mentor, Kelly. I have two ideas that I’ve been meaning to implement. 1) The money I save from coupons and sales when grocery shopping, take that dollar amount and actually put it into my savings account. 2) for each week of the year, deposit that amount into the bank. Ex, week 1, deposit $1; week 2, deposit $2, etc. Just have to get caught up since February is almost over. Thanks for all you do!!! :-)

24. I would love to go on this trip. I would take my daughter with me if I won. I would need to make arrangements to have someone care for my grandson that lives with me because my husband works, but God would work all that out. I am retiring in Nov 2013 so this would be an early celebration.

25. Not so sure about taking a cruise but the “girl time” sounds like fun…….I have 4 daughters and it would
    be so nice to share time with just them…..

26. Thank you for sharing this devo once again Renee…it spoke to me the first time and again today! I HAVE been craving connection!! I hope and pray God leads everyone He wants to be on the cruise…not sensing it’s me, but if I won a trip, I’d bring Kimberly…a dear friend I enjoyed face to face time with at She Speaks and one God continues to use in my life today!!

27. Kristy Lynn says:

I would love to go on a Christian women’s cruise but don’t have the money to do so as a single mom, recently widowed. To help come up with money I think I would clean out my house of all the unneeded and unwanted things and garage sale!! If I won free tickets to go on the cruise I would probably take my friend Sheri who is also recently widowed. We are both young widows and could use that encouragement and refreshment of time away!!

28. Jodi Major says:

I AM GOING ON THIS CRUISE!!!!!!!! I can not wait. I have never been on a cruise, I have never met anyone on this cruise in person, but I have loved getting to know them on Facebook and OBS. I’m a thirty-one consultant and saving my comission to pay for it and hopefully a shore excursion. Thirty-one is having a huge insentive to join right now and it would be a wonderful way for anyone to earn some extra money.
    If I won this cruise, I would give it to my sister. She has cancer and is the strongest person I know. And, she just became a mama in September to the most beautiful baby girl.
    Come on, y’all. Come with us!!!

29. Oh boy….This sounds like so much fun. What a great way to reconnect and have time just for yourself. To save money, I would give up my ice chai addiction and put that money towards the cruise :) I would take my wonderful sister-in-law Joni with me. We live a couple states away and are the only girls in a family of boys…we both have all boys too! It’s rare that we both get to just hang and talk together. What a wonderful opportunity to strengthen family bonds!

30. Cindy Martin says:

Girlfriends…YES!YES!YES!…Cruise…YES!YES!YES!…Getaway…PLEASE!PLEASE!PLEASE!!! As for coming up with money I could make my soy scented jar candles and sell them :) http://www.ascentoffaith.weebly.com ~ I have done several of Melissa’s online studies the past couple of years and I love the small groups that I got to fellowship with and have been so blessed with P31. I lost my youngest daughter at age 19 in 2007, my grandmother, mother in law, 2 sister in laws and a daughter in law since then. The past 5 1/2 years has been the worse of my journey here on earth and then again I have grown closer to Jesus than I think I ever would have. He has been my rock and salvation! He has held me when I couldn’t walk! I need this time on this cruise to love on and be loved on by GIRLFRIENDS!! I would take my Aunt that has always been here for me since I was a child and she has been my Mother since mine went to Heaven in 2001. She is 62 and need some girlfriend time just like me!!! I am going to do this for me and her!! So that means I have to save a lot of money to pay both of our ways!! I know with God’s help I can do this and my Aunt and I will see you all in OCTOBER!! I am so happy and excited :) Love and blessings to you all~ Cindy M. from TN

31. Courtney G says:

This sounds wonderful!!!!!! I would take my future mother-in-law. I’d love to get to know her better away from the craziness of everyday life.

To save money, I would definitely recommend cutting back on eating at restaurants. I’d also carpool with friends and neighbors for school pickup and dropoff – just started this recently!

I also need to go through the house and have a massive garage/yard sale!

32. The cruise sounds like a dream!! My life feels like one big stress ball right now, so the thought of a getaway with a bunch of Godly women is almost more than I can fathom. Also, financially for me at this time, it is just a dream.

I would have a tough time deciding who to take between my 2 sisters, my aunt who is a second mom, and my best friend Karen who just moved 2000 miles away because of her health. They are all very special ladies in my life!

We put the loose change from my the bottom of my purse, my husband’s pocket, ect. in a jar. It adds up fast!

33. A cruise sounds wonderful! And even better with my best friend! I am a stay at home mom with young children and getting together with my girlfriends helps me stay sane. But choosing who take , now that would be hard to choose. =) Do you offer group discounts?
    Money would be the big thing holding me back. Why does it have to be so expensive? I would like to say that I could save money each month, but that’s not possible. Financial status in our household is very tight; a LOT of TRUSTING in God the past year, but He has been FAITHFUL to provide.
    I think giving away free trips is the way to go. But another option, is to have a scholarship fund that people can donate to. Maybe even some churches or women’s ministries would be able to help out too.

34. Renee ! You are just so much fun!! Cannot wait to cruise!!

35. I would love to spend time on a cruise with my mom. My mother stuggles with anxiety and I’ve never been able to go places with her. I would be so thankful for an adventure with her and to see her free to have one! I would organize and sell old things to help save money.

36. I Can’T Wait To Meet ALL The Awesome People That Will Be On The Cruise!Looking Forward To Seeing You Mary! I’m definitely Going And Bringing My Friend Wendy. Yay!!

37. Lisa cromwell says:

Girl you know I’m going …….This will be my 5th year as a group leader… .what a wonderful way to spend a few day with my sister in Christ……seeing what God has created …. All the while we will be loving on each other and rejuvenating our spirits in God’s glory!…..on your question…..Cut out my cokes and drink water…dont go through the drive through at lunch…take food from home, only shop from clearance rack…and being a group leader if you get enough ladies to join you , you can cruise for FREE!!!

38. RUTHONA WASINGER says:

TO RAISE MONEY I WOULD HAVE A HUGH YARD SALE–I HAVE WAY TOO MUCH OF EVERYTHING ANYWAY!!!!!! I WOULD BRING MY BEST FRIEND BERNIE–WE HAVE BEEN
    FRIENDS SINCE COLLEGE–AND THAT IS A LONG LONG TIME!!

39. Rachel Dean says:

This cruise sounds like so much fun and I have been trying to figure out how to fund it. Times are tough. One idea to fund it could be a fundraiser using Avon or something like that. I wouldn’t have the slightest idea who to take, which is part of why I want to go – to meet some good girlfriends.

40. It would be the most mind-blowing, girfriend-connecting, non white spaced time to be able to go on this cruise!
    For me, a money saving tip is to not enter the convenience store when purchasing gas. Pay by debit card and not be succumbed to the alluring sights and smells of a coffee or snack, that isn’t even needed to begin.
    If I won this trip I would take Jill.we met 22 years ago when we were teenagers, but haven’t always been friends due to personal scars, religion, distance, etc, but by the grace of God we continued to cross paths and have overcome all those obstacles. Our relationship is so much sweeter because of the struggles and mercy we’ve shown one another. I love her dearly and we both struggle as single mothers, it would be nice to take a get away together where we don’t have to the sole support of our children, but can just “be” for once.

41. I went on a my first cruise last year !!! And I am going again this year :) I look forward to meeting everyone :) what an awesome thing to have affordable payment plans that is even better yet..

42. This sounds AMAZING and answers my hearts cry “I NEED A VACATION!”

Money saving tip, cook at home more, healthier & cheaper in the long run!

If I were to win this trip…the thought blows my mind!…I would take my daughter, Brandy. perfect first cruise experience for us both!

43. Jennifer Klemple says:

This sounds like a great way to vacation!!

I would have to take my friend Carol who I have known since 9th grade. She is such a warrior for God and such an encourager to me!

I would say don’t shop unless you really need something. Don’t just go window shopping! It will cost you more than you thought, always.

Could I meet you ladies too on the cruise? That would be great!!!

44. Barbara Wohlford says:

I am so looking forward to this cruise, I get to meet a favorite author and I plan on reading books from authors that I do not know, so I know who they are before meeting them. I loved the pay monthly payment plan, this is so affordable with monthly payments. My husband is taking our boys to Vegas in June and I get to meet so many new women in October. Since I am already booked for this trip and have a roommate, instead of a free trip would I get a refund or ship credit to use towards shore excursions?

45. Lauren Jolly says:

The girls getaway sounds fabulous! To save money for the cruise, I could far spend less on new clothes and buy them from a consignment store instead so they’re new-to-me. Also, cutting down on those Starbuck’s visits :)

I’d love to take my sister in law with me. She never gets a break from her kids and her husband works the night shift so she’s on her own most of the time. She recently lost her mom to lung cancer and could really benefit from the fellowship and relaxation!

46. Unfortunately while the cruise would be wonderful health & finances prevent anything extra right now. However, if health wasn’t a factor, would really work on my Melalueca business so could go. While I would much more enjoy having my sister with me, would probably take my mom. Give her a break from dealing with all the stuff related to my step dad & grandparents deaths last year.

47. I could spend less on lunch and stick to a firm budget. Also make purchases based off needs instead of things I would like to have. I would love to take my daughter. Blessings

48. Jen Brook says:

Save so much a month. I would choose my aunt or my grandma.

49. Eating at home is probably the place we could save the most $$ – but unfortunately, it wouldn’t go for a cruise! If I won this cruise, it would be tough to choose who to take. I have several Christian girlfriends that would be fun to go with. Hmmm!

50. Nicole Adams says:

Oh, this sounds Amazing!! I would have to say giving up coffee at my local coffee shop : )… That is really the only place that I splurge for myself since we don’t eat out a lot. I would definitely take my grandmother… she is going through a lot right now with my grandfather having Alzheimer’s and I would do anything for her to get away and take her mind off of things.

51. Ohhhh, the ocean beckons me relentlessly, yet I live 8 hours from it! My girlfriends and I are in a special “book club” where the only criteria to join is having a an alcoholic spouse-some recovering, some not. We just listen to, pray for, and support one another.

52. Miss you both.

Love ya

Cris

53. Ellen Janney says:

Hi Renee, I can’t wait to meet you and am so looking forward to this cruise. To save money I register early (I have been fortunate enough to have been on 2 others, so I know they are great). This makes the payments small, they are taken out of my checking account, and honestly I have not missed this money at all. Without even a thought, my granddaughters age 11 and 13 would be my guests. The testimonies and experience of this cruise would remain with them for the rest of their life. It’s our young people we need to raise up to be leaders in God’s plans for our future. Looking forward to October!!!

54. This cruise sounds amazing a and a perfect time away to have fun, relax and connect with God and others. To save I would take all the coin change I receive and put in a jar, as well as eat at home more often.

I would take my younger sister with me, who is a brand new Christian.

55. Colleen Nissley says:

I can’t afford to go on a cruise this year, but if I was chosen to go for a trip for two, I would without a second thought take my wonderful Mom. She is a woman of great courage in God’s eyes and my eyes. If I can get a slice of her strength, I will be half of the Godly woman she is in Christ!

56. I would love to go – I would take my best friend who is going thru a horrible time in her marriage. Not sure we could afford it right now, tho. Especially with her heartbreaking situation. But, I’d do my best to try to save enough for us to go. She is so broken right now, and is trying to stay focused on the Lord. She wants so badly to honor Him in all that she says and does, which has kept her in this marriage for this long. My heart just breaks for her.

57. Janet Blake says:

I would love to win this cruise! I take care of my 3 year old granddaughter every day so that her mother (daughter) can work! I love it but I need some me time in the sun! I would love to take my daughter. She works hard as a marketing director for CHick-fil-A! It would be so muich fun spending time with her. We don’t get to do that anymore.

58. Sarah P. says:

I am really hoping to be able to be part of this awesome event! Right now I am on my own raising three young girls (9, 7 and 15 months). I am standing with The Lord for our for my marriage and praying for restoration. My husband left a year ago. I have been so refine ld by this situation and have absolutely been held up by Jesus’ right hand. I also have had so much inspiration and support from Proverbs 31 website, such a precious gem to me! I think that if I just set the goal of putting aside a little of my paycheck every week even if its $50 or less it can happen. If I won a trip (and even if I don’t) I would love my mom to join me, she needs a restoring trip as well :).

59. Florence says:

This is amazing. My husband died on Oct 27 and his birthday was Oct 2 I promised myself Lord willing I would make an effort to do something each year in October to honor his memory. Since his death I have been searching for meaning and purpose as I continue my life without him and as a single person. I know that God has a plan for a new role for my life. I have be praying for His plan and for His direction to be revealed to me. This just might be God’s perfect time for me in my journey. If I win the trip it would wonderful; I would invite someone who could not go without this shared blessing… I am looking forward to being a part of a cruise that will allow me the chance to meet and fellowship with many new friends. I know the Lord will move among us in a very special way…..Thanks for planning a cruise where women can, relax, enjoy learning and growing with other ladies. This leisure time I believe will serve as a blessing to each lady on board. God Bless you…..

60. Pamela Joy Benigno says:

I love your blog, you said so perfectly what I been saying only your words are precious and mine not so together. I have already let go of the cell phone, texting and FB mobile. I still reach into the black whole of cyber world trying to connect to someone , on a spiritual level. I do have a couple friends on line that fill that Face to Face void, but just a few and its bleek to say the least.

I would love to take a cruise , always have wanted too, although I never thought about a Christian Cruise untill my friend said she was attending this particular cruise with you ladies.

If I had the ability to go on this cruise or any other for that matter, I would bring my 70 year old friend, whom is like a mother to me, she is patient and kind, loving and filled with wisdom. She goes for treatment 3 times aweek and I have never once seen her down or depressed. She is a bright light and she shines for God.

Maybe one day, I will attend a cruise a get away, and I will be blessed to bring a friend.

Thank you for this blog, I believe that the internet and the fast paced life of texting has destroyed human relations, email, facebook, texting, etc. That we are all searching for more in a land filled with more and more and we are actually getting less and less. Be blessed and I am praying for the ability for you too, continue resisting the new technology and returning to old fashion ways of communication…

Thank you , God bless.

61. *Wonderfabugreat!* That is my thought! A girlee cruise is just what the doctor ordered. Proverbs 17:22 tells us a cheerful heart is good like medicine. I think this fits the definition of good medicine. There will be tons of laughter, loads of love, and lots of Jesus! Who can beat that? I always think cleaning out the house of unwanted or unused items and having a garage sale is always a terrific way to bring in extra funds. Not to mention, the JOY you have when having the sale with your girlfriends. (Me and a bunch of my fabulous friends are having one together this Friday.) If I won the trip—-I would take someone who had never been on a cruise, who needs a break from the hustle and bustle of life, and who needs to be blessed-beyond-belief!

62. Allison says:

Wow!! This sounds so incredible!!! A Getaway Girls cruise with a friend sounds amazing! What better way to spend time in the teaching & learning of the Word and cultivate a deeper, meaningful relationship with both my Heavenly Father and my earthly friend!?! At this moment, it is definitely difficult to think of one person that I would take with me for the simple reason that I would want them all to experience something so wonderful. I’ll have to think about that one extra hard. How would I save for the trip? That one is rather simple! Living in Georgia, I’m a natural Southerner and love, love, love my sweet tea; so much so that I go through the drive thru on a daily basis to grab a large size and be on my way. I have never been a really good water drinker, but saving the money I spend daily on my sweet tea to go on a fabulous cruise is definitely motivating!! All in all, a very attainable goal for an amazing getaway.

63. Lauralea McDonald says:

Wow! Winning this would be a dream come true. I’m a Nurse, mother of 3, and wife. I am very stressed right now due to finances, life, etc. Last night, I opened my Bible to Matter chapter 6, and God reminded me of how much he cares and takes care of ALL of our needs. Money saving ideas are packing my lunch for work, using coupons and cash at the grocery store, turning off lights when I leave the room, and just being aware of all the little things I purchase that are nonessientials. To raise money, a garage sale, babysitting, change jars, working overtime. If I win, I would bring my best friend, Brandi. She is a children’s pastor at a small church, volunteers at a Juvenile detention center, and is always there for everyone. She shares Christ’s love with everyone she meets. She gives so much. She deserves this trip. If we don’t win…I pray that someone who gives to other’s to show the love of Christ needs a chance to renew and refresh! God Bless You and everyone who has commented and reads this!

64. I could earn some extra $ by going through the house and thinning out things that we do not use, clothes that don’t fit,etc and have a rummage sale or sell on area buy, sell, trade facebook page. If I won a trip(would be AWESOME!) I would take my sister. We have talked for years about doing a get away together and have not been able to afford it so this would be perfect!

65. mary zirbel says:

I love the idea of a get a-way cruise especially the opportunities to worship the Lord, to embrace God’s word with other people! Awesome! The Lord created us for relationship with Him and each other and this is an opportunity to come together and bring others together. Money saving idea’s – sacrificing foods that are not necessary at the grocery store, or eating out and redirecting that money toward the cruise. Also, using the handiwork of my hands (sewing, knitting, crocheting to make small projects to sell at a summer flea market or bazaar – put profit half toward cruise and half toward a mission organization.) There are many I would bring on the cruise if I could but one friend in particular always sacrifices herself for her family and others. She has a special needs child who is 18 now and she has given so much of herself that I would like for her to bask in the goodness of God’s arms for 4 days. She loves to worship Him and His word is her lifeline. I know this would be such a time of encouragement for her. Blessings!