My friend Heather is a Word girl!! When she was in college she performed in over 14 plays and memorized hundreds of lines, so I’ve asked her to share some tips to help us hide God’s Word in our hearts this week. Here are a few she shared. I’ll post more each week.
Ideas for Memorizing Scripture
- Write the scripture on several index cards or post-it notes and place them in areas where you will see them frequently throughout the day. Examples: on the bathroom mirror, refrigerator door, in the car, at work, etc…
- Get a stack of index cards and on each one write one or two words from the verse, including the reference. Shuffle them up and see if you can put them in the correct order again. Save the cards and reuse common words found in other verses.
- Send the verse to friends and family by typing, texting, or writing it out by hand. You can look at the verse, but do not copy and paste! Try writing it at least once a day.
- Study with a friend, your spouse, or teach it to your kids! Quiz each other and keep each other on track. What a great way for families to spend time in the Word together!
- Change the wall paper on your computer to an image that has your Bible verse.
Verse for the week: “Satisfy [me] in the morning with your unfailing love, that [I] may sing for joy and be glad all [my] days…for I have put my trust in you.” Psalm 90:14, 143:8b, NIV
Today’s Assignment: Start or continue reading chapter 3. Remember, take your time and highlight or underline sentences that resonate in your heart.
Personal Update: Thank you for praying for my mom. She has a small fracture under her eye but no internal bleeding. Her face looks horrible so I am praising God she didn’t have more damage. Also, thank you for your sweet and fun comments about my silly Saturday video. I love sharing real life with you and wouldn’t want it any other way. Speaking of real life, I’m getting sick and this is the week we release my first teaching segment in the series of six videos we spent months filming and editing. I’m so eager to share this message with you! I just need to finish the handout and we’ll be ready to go. Please pray I’ll feel good enough to get ‘er done Tuesday so we can launch it Weds as planned. :-). (All things are possible for she who believes!)
Connecting in Community: Let’s commit to memorize this week’s verse together! If you are in, leave a comment by clicking on “share your thoughts” and tell us how you plan to memorize it. Also, if you have any other creative ways to memorize scripture please share that too! Lord willing, I’ll be back Weds with our video that Im so excited to share with you!!