Peace-full = Worry-Less

In my P31 devotion today, I talked about finding God’s peace in the midst of our worries. I love that verse in Matthew 11:28 where Jesus says, “Come to Me, all you who are weary and heavy burdened and I will give you rest.” The word weary is so close to the word worry. And if I’m honest with myself, worry makes me weary! It weighs me down and wears me out – mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally.

So what should we do with our worries? Jesus invites us to come to Him when we are weary from all our worries and burdens so He can give our minds a place to rest.

God showed me a tangible way to take my worries to Jesus through a conversation with my son. One morning I was getting ready when Andrew came to me and announced that he didn’t want to have ANY anxious thoughts that day – he didn’t want to worry about me being home when he got off the school bus, or about his teacher liking his science project, or about whether his dad would get in a car accident.

That morning as I listened, I sensed the enemy was using worry as a weapon to still, kill and destroy my child’s joy, hope and peace. Although I couldn’t take my child out of the battle, I could equip him for it! I wanted to give him the confidence he needed to fight courageously so I assured him that worry is kinda normal. I reasoned that it must be a normal part of life since God tells us not to so many times in the Bible.

But God also tells us what to do when we do worry. I shared 2 Corinthians 10:5 where Paul tells us to demolish all arguments and any pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, by taking every thought captive and make it obedient to Christ. Now I just needed to take that concept and put it in terms he could understand.

“Andrew, when you have a thought that makes you feel anxious, catch it like it’s a baseball.” I then cupped my hand like I was holding a ball and told him to look at it and ask, “Is this something Jesus would say to me?” If the answer is “no” – then throw that thought back into the outfield! Then we talked through some of his thoughts and fears:

Worry says: “Your mom isn’t going to be here when you get home.”

I asked him, “Would Jesus say that? Andrew replied, “No.”

Then it’s outta here!

Worry says: “Your teacher isn’t going to like your science project!”

Would Jesus say that? Again, “No.”

Get rid of that one, too.

When we finished talking through each worry, I shared Philippians 4:6-9 and we prayed – telling God Andrews concerns, asking Him to replace his worries with promises, and thanking God for what He’s done in the past and would do that day. After the Amen, Andrew looked at me, smiled so big and said, “Thanks Mom!” as though all his worries were gone.

God’s word really works. God knew we’d have lots of reasons for worry but he also knew that worry would be Satan’s weapon to distract and destroy the peace and joy that is rightly ours as children of God! Worry can ruin our day and our life, can’t it? That’s why Jesus tells us not to let our hearts be troubled but to come to Him. He wants to replace our worries with His words. He says He’ll give our minds a place to rest and promises to keep us in perfect peace when our mind is steadfast (fixed in a direction, firmly established) on His truth because we trust in Him and not our troubles.

So, what thoughts are flying at you today? If you were to catch ’em and listen to what they’re saying – would they match what Jesus says? I would love to know what kinds of worries you’re dealing with so we can pray for each other. Mine are mostly about my kids and doing something hard that God’s called me to do. I’m learning that it’s not just about throwing our thoughts out, it’s about replacing our worries with God’s words. I”ll be back tomorrow to share more on that.

This week’s theme on worry is great timing since I’m giving away a copy of my friend Micca’s new book, An Untroubled Heart: Finding Faith that is Greater than all My Fears. For a chance to win, leave a comment under today’s post and for extra chance leave one on any of this week’s posts. Yesterday, I wrote about releasing my grip and not getting worried when God changes my plans. Tomorrow I’ll talk about using God’s Word as our weapon to demolish arguments and worries that set themselves up against the truth about Him! See you then.

PS. Be sure to include your email so I can contact you if you win.

Copyright 2009, Renee Swope – All rights reserved.

Comments

1. You put worry in a whole new light. I am a chronic worrier and this blog and devotion are just what I needed to put worry in perspective. God is truly working through you.

Shannon

jadephoenix34@gmail.com

2. Your devotion really helped today. My husband has a doctor’s appointment, which we know will be bad news. But with God, we can do anything. Thank you for your comforting words this morning.

3. Ed / Julie says:

4. Anonymous says:

Dear sweet Renee,

Your devotion and blog today comforted my heart so much. I have so many potential worries pressing in on each side right now, and I feel your comments were meant just for me.

Thank you for touching my heart and allowing the Lord to use you to remind me of his unfailing love, his precious promises and his mighty care and grace.

Blessings,

Maria

5. jmquilts says:

Wow Renee! Just what I needed and this whole house needed this week. We all (4 of us) have a lot on each of our plates.

I am taking my list of concerns to God and letting Him give us peace. He has done so much for us in the past, trusting Him for the future as well.

Perfect timing – perfect devotional.

Thanks!! 🙂

6. Ellen Sutton says:

Thank you for the blessing of your worry-less devotion! It touched my heart in a very special way. I love the baseball analogy for your son. I plan to share this with my 13 year old tonight. I know that he also has worries that I wish he would not have at his age.

May God continue to bless you and your family.

Ellen
    elliemae524@yahoo.com

7. Anonymous says:

Thank you for this devotion, Renee. It confirms what God has been speaking to my heart lately. The application steps on your Proverbs31 blog are a great idea that I’ll be doing today.

Bless you,
    Margaret
    texasmagz@yahoo.com

8. Tammy Nischan says:

Renee,

Your mentioning of II Cor. 10 really struck a chord with me this morning especially.

See, I clung to that verse so strongly while Nick was fighting cancer….when doubt and fear would slip in while waiting for the next bit of news, the next diagnosis.

It’s been three whole months now since we lost our precious Nick and just yesterday I had the biggest meltdown…..we gave Nick’s ramp to a friend who needed it, and it just devastated me to see it go.

This morning I woke up feeling blue. Determined to dive into the Word and make this day count and I read your devo (thank you) and then I came here and was reminded of a verse that still holds the SAME power….the SAME hope…the SAME promise!

The devil wants me to doubt God’s faithfulness, His love, His ability to answer prayer. But my knowledge of God says something very different. God is faithful. God does love me (and Nick!) and my family, and He answers prayers…in accordance with His will and to carry out His plans.

Leaning on Him and Turning my Back on anything that sets itself up against the Knowledge of God!

Love you and thank you,
    Tammy

9. Renee! Oh my goodness… last Friday night in a Bible Study for The Most Excellent Way (mostexcellentway.org), I talked about John 10:10… how the devil is the thief that comes to steal and kill and destroy, but that Jesus Christ came to give us life… an abundant life, not a partial life, but a full, ABUNDANT life… woohoo! Isn’t that exciting. I will be praying for your son; I have a daughter who “worries about stuff like that too…” I appreciate you.

10. purdypress says:

Thank you Renee! I needed to read your devotion and blog this morning. There is so much in going on in our lives right now as we wait for direction for the next step in Seminary and plans for the future, but I want to learn to wait being peace-full and not worrisome. I appreciate you sharing God’s truth with us and giving us a practical example. Have a great day.

Robin
    rkpurdy@liberty.edu

11. Deborah says:

Dear Renee,

Wow, my devotion this morning was about worrying. I read Luke 12:22-34. I know the Lord is speaking to me about this, especially with your devotion and blog today.

Bless you,
    Deborah

12. Melissa says:

Thank you for these words. I am a worrier (and oh I wish I wasn’t). It is like a thought gets in my mind and I just obsess on this and nothing else. Prayer does help me as does reading scriptures. It does feel good to know God gives me (and my mind)rest from these thoughts. Thanks for the reminder. God Bless, Melissa

13. Anonymous says:

This is the first time I have visited your sight and I guess the Lord sent me here. I have had some major issues in my life. I had a need in my life and had been praying about it but, I felt like the Lord was not hearing my prayers. I strongly desire and desperately need to feel God’s peace in my life. I plan on checking you site daily. It has already touched my life. Thank You

14. Christy says:

A untroubled heart Wow what a awesome thought. My heart has been so full of worries and fears for solong I find it hard to grasp the thought of what it would be like. I would love to read this book.

15. Anonymous says:

Thank you for the encouragement and putting it in such simple terms. “Throwing” away the thoughts that Jesus would not say is such a simple analogy that all of us busy, harried souls can lock onto!

Cathy
    ckesktrom@gmail.com

16. Anonymous says:

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement today. I am a “worrier” and a “fixer” and your devotion was exactly what God wanted me to hear today. I love the thought of pitching back my worries. Thank you, what a blessing you’ve been to me today.
    Lynn
    mmmom7@yahoo.com

17. JottinMama says:

Being a girl who deals with worry and fear A LOT – I need all the encouragement I can get about this topic 🙂 I’m looking forward to hearing about using God’s Word as my weapon tomorrow!

Thanks so much,
    Kate 🙂
    khthankful@hotmail.com

18. Anonymous says:

God is perfect! In our office there was a little shake up yesterday. Our boss announced that there are going to be some changes in our office with certain processes. She didn’t know all the details so she could only share what she knew. That left plenty of room for the enemy to seep in and cause concern which within minutes turned into worry about losing jobs. I came into work this morning and here was your Proverbs 31 devotion! I shared it with the five women in our office that this change will effect. Thank you so much for following what God has called you to do. I thank God for everything that He has done in my life and know without a doubt he will provide for myself, my family and my coworkers.

God is perfect!

JoAnn
    jhunter2030@carolina.rr.com

19. Worrying has never been a struggle for me..until recently. My husband works for Nortel. So if you have seen the news any lately you know of my worrries now. I have been a stay at home mom for 14 years and his job is our only income.
    Thank you for sharing this today, just what I needed.

20. tiggerdaisy says:

I just love this story! Good stuff, good stuff! I particularly needed to be reminded not to worry this morning. That, my friend, was a God thing!

Prayers and blessings,
    Rebecca
    tiggerdaisy@gmail.com

21. Shannon says:

Shannon

jadephoenix34@gmail.com

22. Lisa Bryant says:

Dear Renee,

This is my first time reading your blog. It has really touched my heart today. My 11 year old daughter is going through some of the same struggles as your son. I plan on sharing the baseball analogy with her.

I pray God’s blessings for you today.

Your New Friend,
    Lisa Bryant
    bryantkls@aol.com

23. Thank you so much for these words of encouragement. I have been in a difficult situation for several years. My main concern is for my grandson, whom we help to raise. His father, my son, and his mother cause constant stress. This stress has caused health problems for me. I fully understand why God hates divorce! My faith is strong. I pray, turn it over to God, then somehow take it back.

I needed to hear your kind words today. May God bless you and your family.

24. Anonymous says:

I am worried about making 2 house payments right now. It has been a very tough 4 months. Our old house was sold on land contract or so we thought. The man lost many hours at work and couldn’t afford the payment anymore. It is so hard financially when 75%+ of your income is just going to a house payment, not including utilities. However, it is amazing to see God’s provision during these tough times. He has given us groceries, money, and extra hours at work all very unexpected. Through struggles, I have been able to see God’s provision more clearly and I can see how God uses those tough times to make us stronger in Him. Thanks for these great blogs!
    campmaley@yahoo.com

25. Hi Renee ~

I just wanted to say a huge Thank You for your devotion today on worry. This is something I struggle with a lot. Worry and fear. I hate them both!

Recently I have been struggling with some serious health issues. They have yet to be diagnosed due to the wait to get in to see specialists etc. I also lost my job last June, due to budget cuts, and with it I lost my Health Insurance so the medical bills are piling up.

I find myself waking up fearful each day. I know God knows all about what is going on in my physical body and I can trust Him to take care of me. However, there are times when worry and fear so consume my thoughts that I actually feel more physically sick. I am a single Mom of 2 grown children and I have thoughts of how I will tell them if I find I have a terminal illness. My daughter is in Southeast Asis as a Missionary.

Your devotion this morning calmed my heart. Thank You so much.

Deb

26. I am really enjoying your devotions. It’s funny how they always speak to me and are exactly what I need at that moment.

Just like today, the one thing I need right now is God’s peace, and your devotion reminded me of that, and also not to worry (which I have done WAY to much of) but to give it over to Him and know that He will handle it.

27. Those Crazy Scotts says:

I had a giggle, because I realized I worry about worrying! thank you for being such a great inspiration as a Christian Mom. wes.heather.scott@gmail.com

28. God Bless You Renee! I can’t tell you how much that devotion meant to me this morning when I read it. I am such a worrier at heart and it has become so consuming in my life that it is taking a toll on me physically and emotionally. Not only does my worry effect me, but it is taking a toll on my family as well. My three precious children can sense my anxieties and my very understanding husband tries but isn’t always successful in comforting me in times of worry and fear. Thank you for your words of encouragement. I am going to focus on the scriptures you mentioned and let God do his work in me! Thank you for everything that you do. You are truly a blessing to many

Tammy
    thlockwood2003@yahoo.com

29. Dear Renee,

Thank you so much for your worry-less devotion. I’m a mom of 3 kids ages 5-12. here lately i have been down on myself as a parent. Issues have come up with my oldest daughter. We are going through the pre-teen things and i am really questioning my ability to handle these issues. We are having revival at church and the pastor said when we go to God in prayer we should ask Him and then thank Him for answering our prayer in the same sentence So, after hearing that and reading your devotion I am gonna go to God in prayer and ask Him for wisdom and then thank Him for giving it to me: then I’m gonna stop worrying. Please pray for my daughter and me. This weekend is the youth evanglism conference in Nashville and we are both going with our church and I have a feeling God has big plans in store for us! Thank you for touching my heart with you devotions. I’m new to your site and I fell in love with it afer i visited the first time. God is doing great things through you. I’ll be praying for you and your family!
    angelpayton19@yahoo.com
    Blessings,
    Angel

30. Carla Sanow says:

This was exactly what I needed to hear this am! “Peace in the midst of not understanding”, are the words I am whispering to myself. I am going in for surgery Friday am in Chapel Hill on my transplanted kidney. The surgeon has done very little of this type of thing due to the uncommon nature of the problem.
    When things are quiet and I am not praying the enemy whispers words of worry in my ear, like…you should call the surgeon once again because you might not be in the best of hands…or what if something goes wrong?….Then just as I give in and fill a little fear or worry…God sends another message to me. This time in the form of your devotion. Thanks again!

Love,

Carla Sanow carlasanow@yahoo.com

31. Anonymous says:

Dear Renee,

I was so blessed and moved by your devotional on worries this morning!
    I just “stumbled” on your Proverbs 31 website a couple of weeks ago and have been sharing it with all my friends.
    Thank you for sharing your gift of communication, of God’s Love, with Body of Christ so beautifully!

Blessings,

Debbie

32. All Right Now says:

33. Anonymous says:

Hi Renee,

Thanks for the post. It was just at a time when I was starting to get anxous abt various things. Thanks for sharing how you helped your son deal with his anxieties. It gives me an idea as to ow I cud help my son who is filled with fears and anxieties.

I also wud like to request for prayer for one of my friends “Renee” who is dealing with several issues and anxiety, fear depression being some of them. Do uphold her in your prayers.

God bless.

Maria
    sandhya_jasti@hotmail.com

34. Kathy S. says:

I chuckled when you said, “all we have to do”…!

Yes I know what to do, but just yesterday it took me the whole day to get victory over something that came up.

A fried once shared this comment “Worry is praying to yourself”~and it is so true, the struggle I had yesterday was feeling responsible for something that I should cast on the Lord. I couldn’t shake it though until I asked a friend to pray for me. Then I was able to release it before I went to bed, and I’m walkin’ in victory today~ halleluiah!

Thank you for the wonderful reminder of the steps to take! Now if next time, I can have my wits about me to remember them!

35. Dear Renee,

Thank you for your message. I have been going through some spiritual struggles and sharing my problems with my sister and one of my dearest friends. Just two days ago I was telling my sister about how I am always worried and scared that things are going to happen. I shared with her how when I am driving in my car all of a sudden a thought will pop in my head about what if something bad happens to one of my children on their way home, or what if my husband wrecks at night (he works graveyard) and my stomach just turns and I get these really bad feelings; it is starting to happen more and more. She talked to me a lot about the enemy and this morning on the way to work it happened again, but I walked in and my dear friend had forwarded me your message on worrying. It is like she knew I needed something this morning. I just wanted to thank you for your message and I have suscribed to receive them daily. I need to break the cycle of worrying because my mother is the same way and I know that everything is in God’s control but lately I have not been able to stop letting the bad thoughts bother me. But reading your message this morning has blessed me and I wanted to thank you, my dear friend who forwarded it to me, and my sister who is always encouraging.

Nina (jordynm2@yahoo.com)

36. lisasmith says:

Thank you for sharing today, I loved the devo!!! I loved the rocking chair analogy…I love you heart!!

lisa
    lisa@andrewsmithteam.com

37. rev. bebe biggs says:

I could tell you some stories about how prayer changes things–I’ve experienced it and I have it posted all around my home in notes and decorative items, yet I still forget. Thank you so much for the email reminders to pray praise give thanks and stop worrying. Your writing is very concise and helpful.

38. jennyj2boys says:

Thank you so much for these words of encouragement. Just reading your thoughts/words made me write three pages of devotions that I always want to remember.

I’ve always struggled with worrying, and boy, does it really immobilize me at times, and effects my parenting, etc. My current worries, require waiting on God’s time and answer (husband’s job interview for a promotion). I tend to try to get whatever answers I can get now, but it’s not enough, because I don’t have all the answers. “What if”…is a common statement.

I’m working on asking God to give me strength for today and learning to trust in him with circumstances I don’t have control over.

Thanks for especially reminding us that worrying is normal.

Jenny
    gjcjohnson@usfamily.net

39. RefreshMom says:

I love that picture of throwing our worries away. I’ve had some thoughts lately that aren’t even fully-formed enough to be called ‘worries,’ but they could be if I let them take root. As God is leading me to follow Him along a new ministry path, those thoughts rise up like rocks to trip me. The thought of tossing them aside and continuing on is very empowering (for lack of a better word). Thanks!

40. Anonymous says:

What a blessing for today! I emailed this to my friend as she needed this today as well. Please keep our children in your prayers as they are all grown but are in need of His guidance and love more now than ever! Thank you!

Janet
    massagetherapy96@yahoo.com

41. God is working on my fears and worries in so many ways lately – working on my total surrender. I fail so often in doing that. Your devotion and blog are just one of the tools God is using in my life, right now, today! Thank you!

42. Jane Swartz says:

Your devotion today really spoke to my heart. I have a son that just turned 18. Being a single mom, the weight is really heavy sometimes in trying to do the right thing for him. It is so hard not to worry when he is out at night (what is he doing, what choices are being made by him and his friends, etc). I have learned that I have to give him to God along with these worries or I would go crazy – but sometimes it is so hard to let go.

43. Anonymous says:

Renee! Phil. 4:6-7 should be the TEXT OF THE YEAR! 🙂 I have family that suffer from Anxiety disorder. This verse is the biblical version of the advise I heard on John Tesh’s show years ago when he said that Anxiety and Thankfulness CANNOT ABIDE IN THE MIND AT THE SAME TIME, physiologically! Isn’t that COOL? So when we run into people suffering from severe anxiety and depression, we can say, “Thankfulness CURES anxiety!” Amazing that its right there in our bibles and we (I) have to hear about it scientifically before I GET IT!

Two months ago I lost my cell phone and computer hard drive within 2 weeks of eachother. OUCH. I was in a panic. Had I backed up ANYTHING on my computer. Hardly. Some pictures I’m very thankful to have right now but I lost EVERYTHING else. A pastor who runs the local laptop repair shop met me in a parking lot after he had repaired my computer (not recovered my data). Through tears, I watched him give me my computer back FREE OF CHARGE and say, “Kayla, I tell my congregation, ‘When in a fix, Phillipians 4:6′”. And he quoted the verse. What a gift. God has blessed us 10 times over since then and I am still amazed by him every day. Keep spreading this message. Phil 4:6 and Peace. Thanks so much,

Kayla
    88.1 KTFY
    Twin Falls, ID

44. Dear Renee,

Thank you for this passage about worry. I have been struggling with panic attacks for almost 2 years now and I am constantly looking to God’s Word for help. Your devotion today will be a tool for me to use in this battle. Thank you so much for that.

Love in Christ,
    Tara
    tc.williams84@yahoo.com

45. Anonymous says:

Renee,
    When I have things worrying me it seems every devotional I read and every Bible verse is directed to and for me. Your devotional was right on the mark. Thank you so much for allowing God to use you and your talents in this way.

Kathy

Kathy.Nugent@bwpmlp.com

46. Anonymous says:

Renee
    Thanks for the devotion and I loved the stoy about your son. I am a worrier and unfortunately have passed this along to my nine year old. That’s a great way to help her deal with her worries.
    Peacefull-

Melissa

47. Lehrerin says:

I needed to hear this story today! I’ve missed seeing all of your great stories and encouraging words on your blog lately – I guess I got spoiled with the D6 month of daily posts! Thanks for sharing your ways of handing worry- I hope I am successful at learning this lesson soon.

Amy
    lehrerin@charter.net

48. Breana's Journey says:

Renee,

Thank you for your devotion…it’s amazing because right before I read your blog I was telling my boyfriend how I’m struggling with controlling my mind and how it gets out of control and causes me to worry. I need to capture each thought and reflect on if it is the enemy trying to destroy or if it is God building me up. This is going to take time and I will have to retrain my mind.

Thank you again!

Breana
    W8forbre@yahoo.com

49. Cazandra says:

Just yesterday, my 12 year old son was struggling with worry related to his bleeding disorder. I love the baseball analogy. This is definitely something I will use with him.

Thank you, for sharing your heart.

Blessings,

Cazandra
    cazandra@q.com

50. Anonymous says:

Thanks Renee for your thoughts on this topic. I am usually a worrier and it can be hard to change! I will instead focus on God’s faithfulness this week.

51. Courtney says:

i’d love to receive this book!!!

52. Renee, this comes at a great time not just for me but for the world. We are all worried about what is going to happen to the economy and to our jobs tomorrow, when we should put our trust and hope in God that things will work out in his time and in his way. I am so thankful that you wrote this today and allowing me to realize that I do need to put trust in God.

Ashley
    phialphadg4life@gmail.com

53. elaine @ peace for the journey says:

Renee:
    I have a troubled heart tonight. Had one all day, and here’s the mystery of it all…

I can’t quite place my finger on the reason. It’s like a cloud; one that I will address when the kids get to bed. I am in need of some peace for my journey tonight.

Great posts this week.

peace~elaine

54. Worry is my beest friend! 🙂 I have decided to commit to memory Phil 4: 4-7 so that my best friend is replaced with the Truth!

loves2stamp@gmail.com

55. Anonymous says:

Thank you so much for your article on Peace-full = Worry less. I sooo needed to read this tonight. My husband has been hospitalized with a nervous breakdown for 2 weeks and I am so filled with worry right now. I had heard Mary Beth Whalen speak a couple of weekends ago in Garner, NC and I had emailed Proverbs 31 asking for prayer. Thanks to everyone for the prayers. My faith has kept me going! I have looked forward every night to opening the email you send with a wonderful message. God bless all of you. Thanks so much.
    Sharon
    spvanderlip@bellsouth.net

56. Anonymous says:

This is the first time I am reading your blog, and to be frank, I believe that god made me read this one, as I was making worry my top priority from few weeks now. I was pleading him to help me out..n I believe he did. Praise God..

God bless you!

Jini.

57. A calming message for a weary heart.

Thanks Renee,
    Love,
    Joy

58. WOW I am always amazed how God works,thank you for your honesty and obedience to Gods word. I need to be reminded with versus that equip me to go battle against satan’s lies.

My anxiety and worry has made me so weary that it has nearly destroyed my marriage, thankfully a week ago, my husband and I had an intervention and through counseling, much prayer and getting in the Word I know that the God we serve will equip me and my husband with tools to overcome this challenge.

Thank you for the blessings of your message.
    Jessica
    jessrwatson@gmail.com

59. Thank you. My heart has been full of worry lately. I am struggling with the fact that my 16 y/o daughter wants to go live with her father 200 miles away.

I am praying for guidance. There are so many factors involved. I know I can’t make this decision by myself.

Prayers are very much appreciated.

God Bless,
    Mickey

60. Anonymous says:

Dear Renee

Your devotion today lifted me, when I read the part about your son and his worries, and what you told him to do with them, I stopped and did the sure thing with mine, lately I have been so worried about some things in my life, it seem like I was all along, and I know that Jesus loves us, and that all things is popose in Christ Jesus who sterengthen me.

Thank you for allowing me to share my thoughts with you, I hope that you can read my spelling.

God Bless you

yvonne

61. Kimberly says:

I love coming by and seeing all of these women God is using you to touch! You are a sweet and humble servant, Renee, and I pray that He pour out something extra special on you…just because!

And I LOVE how you illustrated taking every thought captive to your son! What an awesome illustration that not only he can hold onto, but that obviously so many others (including me) will hold onto!

Blessings!
    K

62. Anonymous says:

Dear Renee,

I just wanted to let you know that your devotional & blog was great I just read it & after reading it, I wish I would have read it sooner I really believe that if I had made time to read it this morning it would have prepared me for what I was facing today & I would have handled the situations different.

Again thank you so much,

Christine
    misscsierra@hotmail.com

63. www.fingerprintsfromhishand.webs.com says:

Julie
    sweettea.n.ice@gmail.com

64. Anonymous says:

Thank you for this great post! I have been worrying a lot lately! I just recently found out that I am pregnant and have been very worried that something will go wrong. I know that God is trustworthy and He has already blessed me with two healthy children. I don’t fully understand why I am so worried this time around. But I would appreciate your prayers! Thank you again for this great reminder!
    Jessica
    mariposa5280@yahoo.com

65. GOD has been using your devotions to show me how much I need a spring cleaning of my mind. My mind is filled with worries and cares of this world. Thanks for the reminder.

Julie
    sweettea.n.ice@gmail.com

66. Renee
    What a great theme for the week.
    sarahlscott@gmail.com

67. Shirley says:

Hi Renee

I love the way you give examples through children. It’s always easier to see things through the eyes of a child.

Blessings,
    Shirley

68. Anonymous says:

What a comforting way to look at worry… if these were things that Jesus would say/do… this REALLY blessed my heart this morning.

As women sometimes we feel the weight of the world on our shoulders… and worry about it… this will teach us to leave it at our Master’s feet and he will provide and comfort.

Thank you for sharing- AWESOME!

Angie
    angiehamlet@gmail.com

69. Anonymous says:

Thank you Renee, your devotion is a confirmation what God has be speaking to me. I also worry about my children, husband and bills, but I’m learning how to give it ALL to God. The steps you provide are so helpfull and couldn’t come at a better time.

Thanks

70. Renee Swope says:

Good morning friends!!! I am praying for each of you as I read through your comments again today and ask the Lord for words to encourage your hearts and truth to refute the voices of your troubles.

I promised I’d be back today to talk about using God’s Word as our weapon against our worries. And I will be. I just don’t want to write until He’s finalized what I sense He wants to say. There is so much.

For now, let’s do follow Paul’s pattern for peace. Let’s…

Pause to remember… He’s near. He’s right by my side

Pause to pray…tell Him all I am thinking about, worried about, confused about and all that I need from Him – His perspective and power.

Pause to thank Him ….remembering what He’s already done. Be cradles in the truth that He wants to carry my burdens and carry me through this day.

Pause to receive His promised peace… surrendering my need to understand and positioning my heart and mind to receive God’s peace that surpasses my understanding.

I’ll be back soon.

71. Gods Student 4 Life says:

Renee –
    I love this devotion as it helps me in so many ways. Ways that I can help not only myself, but my children who seem to worry about the future and what others think of them and about them. I worry about things sometimes too, but I’m glad to learn that it must be natural seeing as how it is mentioned so many times in Bible.

I am so thankful that God has placed you in my life to help me gain more and more clairity. You are truly a blessing to me and I will forever be thankful.
    Praying for you and P31 faithfully.

Much love and blessings,
    Melissa
    mggb75@gmail.com

72. Thanks for the post, defintley a help today. I have been worried about little things that add up so quick and make my mind feel like its ready to burts at any minute. My worries make me snappy, and doubtful of my husband. I hate to feel this way.
    I am glad I stumbled on your blog because I feel comfort knowing I am not the only one who worries and knowing that God provides comfort and truth through my worries.

73. The Dentons says:

Thank you for this…I needed it! My husband and I were just talking about worry last night. It’s so hard not to sometimes. This blog really helped me today. May God continue to richly bless you.

Brandi Denton
    Brandimdenton@gmail.com

74. Renee
    What a great theme for the week.
    sarahlscott@gmail.com

75. natalie says:

Dear Friend,

Just wanted to let you know how much your blog has been ministering to me. 5 years ago we lost our 13 year old daughter in a car accident.

This would be her senior year and the other nite was parents nite at our home basketball game. Malorie was an awesome basketball player! As the parents and players names were called to go on to the court, I kept thinking that 1 player was missing, Malorie!

I really needed your reminder that I need to worry less and pray more. I know in my heart God has a plan for our family and a purpose, and that He is our hope and future!

Thanks again Renee, you are an “awesome blessing”,

natalie

76. That is such a great way to explain worry to a child. Your posts are so great.

77. My biggest concern/worry right now is my husband’s shoulder. He has pain and swelling but will not go to the doctor. About three years ago he had the same problem with the other shoulder and it required surgery. He feels we cannot afford for him to take time off for surgery (his job offers no benefits like disability or even paid vacation). He’s not sleeping at night because of the pain. He drives a dump truck so I worry about him falling asleep at the wheel because of sleep deprivation. I’m trying to just leave it in God’s hands but it is tougher than I thought it would be!

Thank you Renee for reminding me I just have to trust God with it each moment of each day.

Mari Taylor
    mtaylor918@bellsouth.net

78. As one who has battled anxiety in the past, I need to be reminded of this wisdom often. Thank you for that today.

Cathy
    LLLCathy@gmail.com

79. Hi Renee,

Thought it was worth a shot to try for Micca’s book.

Blessings,
    Pearls

80. Digging for Pearls says:

Hi Renee,

Thought it was worth a shot to try for Micca’s book.

Blessings,