Brrrr…

Right Now for Charlotte, NC

Fair
35°F
Feels Like
30°F

We went running towards our goal tonight- in 35 (but it feels like 30) degree weather! I discovered that running in almost-below-freezing temperatures isn’t as bad as I thought it would be; basically your legs go numb and you can’t feel any pain!

The boys went with us, too, on wheels. Andrew is trying to look cool (not cold) by not smiling!

And guess where I found Josh 30 seconds after we got back? In our pantry looking for food. It’s not fair that guys can eat so much and never gain a pound.

It’s also not fair that my husband doesn’t sweat as much as I do. We both wore a warm and wooly hat, but his hair is not soaking wet like mine is! Yes – that is a soakin’ wet sweaty head of hair and it was 35 degrees outside!

Comments

1. WOW!!!!! I don’t think I could run in that kind of weather, good for you. I am getting ready to run with my siblings on Thanksgiving Morning but I think we will be at about 70′ degrees or so. I am so proud of you. Hugs to you my friend.
    Love
    Cris

2. Running My Race says:

Love
    Cris

3. Well, we've awaken to A LOT of SNOW!!!! Shovelling weather has returned.

Stay warm my friend…I guess you are :o)

Have a great day!
    Love & prayers,
    Joy

4. helen (aka: bride...) says:

I am such a weather wimp. I need to get back out there… But this is Minnesota… can I just pray for a free health club membership and a treadmill with a TV that plays HGTV?

Maybe I need to pray a “Please, Father, make me less wimpy, or more wealthy” kind of prayer?

5. Joanie Butler says:

God bless you dear! The only way I would be able to run would be if a big burly man were chasing me with a knife. I surely would not get out and run in temps that cold.

Of course these days I am grateful to God that my legs are still allowing me to walk on my own power. I’ll be praying for you and the marathon!

6. Renee Swope says:

Helen, I am with you girl. I would love to join the Y so I could run in a warm gym this winter!!! It’s just SO expensive. Oh well,I am just thankful to be healthy enough to run, right?

Thanks for your comments today. They are making me smile – as I shiverrrr. It’s cold again today! And I am a wimp when it comes to cold.

7. RefreshMom says:

That’s funny about sweating when it’s freezing (literally). I remember being so annoyed in high school when we had swimming in the winter. (No, it wasn’t just the fact of having to put on a bathing suit when the outside temps were below 80 degrees.) I hated swimming laps as it was, but I hated it even more when I was sweating in the pool! I didn’t know that was even possible.

Is your cold-snap supposed to be over before you do your half-marathon?

8. Elizabeth M Thompson says:

You are so dedicated! I don’t run unless I’m being chased. I am a walker, a fair-weather walker.

9. Lelia Chealey says:

I would feel sorry for you, but I know by now you have taken a hot shower and slipped into a warm bed. I am spending the night with a client tonight (I do home health care at nights) and the AIR conditioner is on…on purpose! It is 19 outside right now and I feel like I’m sitting outside.
    So sorry sweet friend…no sympathy here. 🙂

10. Amy L Brooke says:

Glad you are still working toward that goal. You go!

Though, I never understand how people can run in weather like this. I suppose it would warm you, but . . . . And I’m sure it helps to have someone to run with.