If you are just joining today me for the mini-study on the woman at the well, please scroll down and read part one first, then return to today’s post for reflections. The WINNER of today’s drawing for my Searching for Satisfaction CD is Rebecca (a.k.a email@example.com). Congratulations!
Jesus could have chosen to be anywhere else that day – but He was there, waiting for her in one of the hardest and loneliest parts of her day.
In the same way, He is there waiting for us in those hard parts of our day: when we wake up and feel overwhelmed by all that we face each day; when we get to work and wonder why we’re even there; while we change diapers and do laundry over and over again and wonder if we’ll ever find meaning in the monotony of motherhood; when we come home in the evening to a lonely house and wonder why God hasn’t given us a husband or a family; when we come home to a teenager who belittles us or a husband who abuses…
Wherever you are – He is waiting there for you and He asks you to simply turn your eyes and ears towards Him. He asked her for a drink because he wanted to intersect His life with hers. He wanted to talk with her. He wanted to show her that He knew what she really need and He’d give it to her if only she’d ask.
Sam could have easily gotten her water and headed back home – back into her busy day. But she stopped, she listened, she let Him get close and before she knew it, things were about to get very personal…
- Is it hard to believe that Jesus would go out of His way to be with you today?
- Do you know that there is nothing that could keep Him from wanting to be with you? He never makes His way around you – He comes straight to you and invites you to come straight to Him instead of all the other wells in your life you look for for satisfaction?
- Has something happened in your life that caused you to pull away – from your friends, your family and even God?
- Do you believe that no matter what you have done of how far you have wandered away, that Jesus is right there waiting to spend time with you?
- What are some of the things that keep you from stopping to be with Jesus in the midst of your busy life?
- What will you do today and tomorrow and the next day to meet with Jesus and respond to His initiation to have an up close and personal conversation with Him?
© 2008, Renee Swope. All rights reserved.